• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can Montana compete vs. the Big Sky?

CDAGRIZ said:
Grizfan-24 said:
There will be no noise as the LG will go out with a whimper.

Brock wasn't at all good, low velo and couldn't put people away, in the limited innings she threw (1.2). Haegele was good until she wasn't (2nd time through lineup), and O'Brien came in and couldn't get an out but gave up 4 runs. Brock re-entered to get the last two outs.

The LG got no-hit in the 5 inning affair and lost 13-0. Just an ugly way to end the year.

Pitching didn't give them a chance, defense let them down, but having just one baserunner all game sort of limits your ability to be competitive.

Gotta think change has to come. Big fan of Mel and the staff, but this is just not good. Hard to say just flush this season and move on to the next without significant changes to parts or all of the staff, players and how they go about things.

That just sucks. I didn't get to watch. When you're talking low velocity for Brock, what are we talking on the gun? Upper 50s-low 60s?
Agree 100% on the rest of the post.

From what I saw yesterday to today, she didn't seem to have extra pop. Felt like she was down a mile or two, and just couldn't beat anyone in the zone. Sort of how the game ended yesterday. My guess its a combination of workload, recovery and maybe not being 100%. Portland State was barelling her up early.

Grizfan-24 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
That just sucks. I didn't get to watch. When you're talking low velocity for Brock, what are we talking on the gun? Upper 50s-low 60s?
Agree 100% on the rest of the post.

From what I saw yesterday to today, she didn't seem to have extra pop. Felt like she was down a mile or two, and just couldn't beat anyone in the zone. Sort of how the game ended yesterday. My guess its a combination of workload, recovery and maybe not being 100%. Portland State was barelling her up early.

Got it, thanks. Was just curious on how much it was off.

Well... I started this thread awhile back. And I was hopeful that Montana had the ability to -- despite losing a starting pitcher -- compete in a "not so tough" Big Sky Conference.

I think sportswriter Frank Gogola provided the concise answer in his story in today's Missoulian on Montana's final game of 2023.
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-no-hit-run-ruled-in-final-game-of-season-at-big-sky-championships/article_146a8b90-ef9a-11ed-92d0-d3a8fe5c4624.html

I have never been more disappointed as a Griz Softball fan. The program literally has been driven off a cliff and change needs to happen immediately or this will continue. The only way to make your voice heard is to email Kent Haslam directly and I highly recommend you do that.

Back