• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Whitney return likely?

GrizWin99

Riley just mentioned that the coaching staff is optimistic Whitney will return next year. Great news if true!

I wouldn't mind going in a new direction at PG, but if he does return then a backcourt of Whitney and Money would be pretty good! Now we just need some big boys and a replacement for Moody

Well the Missoulian said he had the option to return in the same article saying Whitney does.
Hope Missoulian is right, but do you believe everything Missoulian says? I am looking at Vasquez's bio, and he played in all games for the past 4 years, plus all games this year. I cannot think of any condition that would warrant Vasquez getting a 6th year like Moody.

I didn’t think Money and Whitney played well together at all this year. Whitney wasn’t even starting. Whitney’s season took off the UC Davis game where Money went down (look it up) Both need to ball to be effective. I would actually say that Whitney’s lack of outside shooting is a detriment to Money (assuming Travis puts the ball back in his hands).

A Money/Henderson/Whitney/Williams perimeter would be super easy to guard as there is no outside shooting.

I didn’t think Money and Whitney played well together at all this year. Whitney wasn’t even starting. Whitney’s season took off the UC Davis game where Money went down (look it up) Both need to ball to be effective. I would actually say that Whitney’s lack of outside shooting is a detriment to Money (assuming Travis puts the ball back in his hands).

A Money/Henderson/Whitney/Williams perimeter would be super easy to guard as there is no outside shooting.
FYI, Whitney and Money were never starters together, but Whitney started every game, except the first due to injury, prior to the San Jose State Game, and of course, all the games after Money was injured. Money was a starter beginning with the San Jose State Game. This may indicate that Travis found the same problems that Grizball mentioned.

Well we’re good in the backcourt now with Whitney, Money, Moore, and Henderson. Plus we got Johnson to slide into Moody’s spot so now all we need is a replacement for Oke to go with Sawyer and we should be good to go! I’m very pleased with how the offseason has gone so far

Back