• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players you wish were still playing for the Griz

Dmontanagrizzlies

DONOR
Alright since it's the off season and I'm sure we've done this thread like a hundred times. It seems like a better thread then having someone start up another "why don't we move up" thread. That being said, pick no more than 3 players that you wish were still in a Griz uniform. They don't have to necessiarly be the more elite Griz players...it could be for their contributions to the community, (don't go there Alpha, jollie)or team, fan favorites or just good character or plain hard luck.

No particular order
1. Adam Boomer- he actually made you feel like you were part of the team with his hyperness on the field, you just felt his presense in every play on the d.

2. Joe Douglass - IMO There have been some WR's that came close but none have been more electric to me than Joe.

3. Alan Saenz- Tackles seem to rarely get recognition. Though he had some injuries late in his career, he was just a great player.

Ochs... dude was the epitome of 'field general'.
Etu... nothing he couldn't catch... and get extra yards out of.
Petek... 'nuff said!

Colt Anderson: Call it hometown pride but I'll miss this kid on saturdays in the fall
Jefferson Heidelberger: Exciting everytime he touched the ball
Kroy Biermann: Relentless

Just threw those three together real quick, I may edit later after I think about it.

Of course Dave Dickenson, but I was staying away from him just because he is probably everyones #1 choice.

Yo. Always seemed to pick up a huge first down when one was needed.

Shalon Baker The Touchdown Maker. So small he'd got lost in the secondary.

Dan Carpenter (but that's probably too much a given)

Vince Huntsberger

Trey Young

Adam Boomer, its all in the name!

Dave Dickenson, clutch!

Ciche Pitcher, who was that, and where did the ball go!

Levander Segars, Special teams sensation!

Cool thread!

Dickenson: Because we win a national championship if he's on the field

Colt: Might be the best safety to wear a Griz uniform since Hauck and that's saying a lot

Biermann: Relentless, played as hard as anybody I've seen, and he left it all out on the field

HM: Vince Huntsberger (smartest player I've ever seen, except for maybe Dave), Lex Hilliard (before the achillis), Carp, Colin Dow, Alan Saenz (block against EWU), Etu Molden, Lance Spencer, Joel Robinson (all heart and smart)

Ryan Kessman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note.... here are a few of my picks.... I'm not going with the overly obvious ones of DD, Ochs, Carp, Crebo, Beirman...ect.

#1. Justin Hazel CB - great size and athleticism at corner.... one of the most underrated Griz of all time

#2. Corey Falls DE - all around good DEnd

#3. Jeremy Watkins WR - not sure why people don't compare Mariani to him more.... great deep threat and hands

#4. Marcus Wilson LB - Another HIGHLY underrated player for the griz... got up from the bottom of every pile.

#5. Kelly Bryant DT - IMO the best DT the Griz have ever had

#6. Thatcher Szalay OL - BEAST!!!

Scott Gragg - big time talent and big time fun
Lance Spencer - Work ethic - teammate
Blaine McElmurry - Troy, Montana! His instincts on the field reminded me of Crebo and Rankin
Dallas Neil - From TE, punter to NFL fullback - that's heart
Mike Trevathan - the Lynn Swan of Grizzly receivers
John Edwards - he was Johnny Montana

This thread confirms the two seasons of football"

1.Football season
2.Waiting for football season :lol:

That being said, Colt and Dave!

What? No love for Matt Wells?

Aside from him, I would like to see Brady Green and Tom Martin back. I know they aren't the most talented but they made up for that with heart, desire, and dedication to the Griz. That goes a long way.

I like the fact that MOST folks shy away from the obvious..........but not ME.

You asked what 3.............Dave - Colt - and Don. HECK - MAYBE we could get one of them to return as COACH.

Back