• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Show some class

BWahlberg

DONOR
Most Griz fans can totally ignore this thread, I think most are good fans, right now many harbor frustrations or opinions, and are willing to share their thoughts rationally and debate their points. They're passionate and they want whats best for the team (as they see it). Some fans want regime change, some don't want any change. Some say this season is a success, others are calling it a failure. Each fan has their own opinions and should be able to freely express that.

But then there's the scum that floats to the surface, usually after a loss or once the season is over...

Look, I know some of you are very mad, but come on! Calling coaches childish names or slurs? Personally attacking other posters for their opinions? Is this where we're headed as Griz fans? I'm not saying to stop posting or stop sharing your thoughs but the next time you think that it's a good idea to post on here and call the coach a "faggot" maybe take a breath, think about it, and make a more sensible post expressing your opinion.

Finally I've got to share with everyone, today I sat near a BAD fan. This is my own opinion, and if you disagree with my judgement of a BAD fan, then fine.

This man was at the game with his two kids, sitting in section 109, row 10 or 11, near the isle between 109 & 108. The whole game he sounded like a complete moron yelling at the team. Mind you, not yelling at the coaches, or the refs, but the players themselves. Such as, "Utterback! You suck, come on contain the QB or get off the field you hack!" Fans around him cringed everytime he yelled. His attacks were personally against the players. I don't think those are his usual seats as everyone seemed pretty put off by the way he acted.

Then, the end of the game. We're standing there, being in section 108 we're right above the tunnell. Here comes Dan Carpenter and a lot of us start clapping and cheering. Dan's face is red, he's really broken down and crying. With him is Lorin Utterback, Lex, Cody Balogh and few other guys. And then I hear it. "BOOOOOOOOOO!!" This SOB booed our players walking off the field.

I snapped, turning to him, "Will you shut up? Show some respect!"

He replied, "Go to hell, this is MY team, I can boo these guys if they want."

My response, "Look man, there's still a lot to be proud of, these kids worked their butts off, it's not right to boo colledge players."

- "I can do what I want, this team SUCKS."

Then some other fans piped up, telling him to act like an adult, relax its just a game, be a better example in front of his kids. The guy gave all of us a promt FU and ran up the stairs, a whiny, annoying BAD fan. If he is a season ticket holder, I hope he cancels his tickets and never comes back, we don't need fans like him.

What a loser....I sat behink a guy like that a few years ago in the NEZ. Makes it hard to enjoy the game doesn't it.

His team? Haha, yeah. What contribution.

And as far as all the emotion today . . .well, I'm trying really hard to just turn the cheek while so many handle their feelings in such juvenile ways. Plenty of us are hurt the same, but redirecting it in such an uncontrolled, condescending way as soon as the game is over: deplorable.

Go Griz!

There is no pro team in Montana...so the kids have to take the crap from a fanbase when they are frustrated. Get a life. Wash-Griz Stadium has a very intelligent crowd...but it also has a lot of dweebs. This website serves as a place to let frustrations vent...that's a good thing..
That said...you se the same thing boil over here. Good post....Griz will rise again.

Re/MaxGriz said:
Most Griz fans can totally ignore this thread, I think most are good fans, right now many harbor frustrations or opinions, and are willing to share their thoughts rationally and debate their points. They're passionate and they want whats best for the team (as they see it). Some fans want regime change, some don't want any change. Some say this season is a success, others are calling it a failure. Each fan has their own opinions and should be able to freely express that.

But then there's the scum that floats to the surface, usually after a loss or once the season is over...

Look, I know some of you are very mad, but come on! Calling coaches childish names or slurs? Personally attacking other posters for their opinions? Is this where we're headed as Griz fans? I'm not saying to stop posting or stop sharing your thoughs but the next time you think that it's a good idea to post on here and call the coach a "faggot" maybe take a breath, think about it, and make a more sensible post expressing your opinion.

Finally I've got to share with everyone, today I sat near a BAD fan. This is my own opinion, and if you disagree with my judgement of a BAD fan, then fine.

This man was at the game with his two kids, sitting in section 109, row 10 or 11, near the isle between 109 & 108. The whole game he sounded like a complete moron yelling at the team. Mind you, not yelling at the coaches, or the refs, but the players themselves. Such as, "Utterback! You suck, come on contain the QB or get off the field you hack!" Fans around him cringed everytime he yelled. His attacks were personally against the players. I don't think those are his usual seats as everyone seemed pretty put off by the way he acted.

Then, the end of the game. We're standing there, being in section 108 we're right above the tunnell. Here comes Dan Carpenter and a lot of us start clapping and cheering. Dan's face is red, he's really broken down and crying. With him is Lorin Utterback, Lex, Cody Balogh and few other guys. And then I hear it. "BOOOOOOOOOO!!" This SOB booed our players walking off the field.

I snapped, turning to him, "Will you shut up? Show some respect!"

He replied, "Go to hell, this is MY team, I can boo these guys if they want."

My response, "Look man, there's still a lot to be proud of, these kids worked their butts off, it's not right to boo colledge players."

- "I can do what I want, this team SUCKS."

Then some other fans piped up, telling him to act like an adult, relax its just a game, be a better example in front of his kids. The guy gave all of us a promt FU and ran up the stairs, a whiny, annoying BAD fan. If he is a season ticket holder, I hope he cancels his tickets and never comes back, we don't need fans like him.

Fans like you that tolerate the first round felony factory that this program has become are just as bad, Remax.

Me, I wouldn't boo the team, but even you have to admit that the D was asleep today.

I would go as far to say they sucked today. I wouldn't yell it at them cause they already know it.

But to continue to stick up for a coach that brought the huge criminal element in that he did, that makes you just as bad as me, man.

Great, the guy brings his kids and therefore encourages another generation of that garbage. Sure I swear once in a while and wonder why in the world did they call that play or do that? But resorting to personal attacks on coaches or players isn't an option.

Some fans should try to remember the big picture here. It's a game. Sure, it stung yesterday when the team lost but everyone will go on.

For those fans who dislike everything about Griz football right now why don't you just stop buying tickets, get off Egriz and find a new team? If it makes you that miserable and angry life's too short.

The guy sounds like he has no respect for anyone including himself or his own kids … so for him to ride the coaches and players is understandable … What else is he capable of doing?

AS I get up this cold am....it still hurts...damn! But if it aches for me,,,I guarantee the players are hurting way more than any alum or fan...and Carp must just feel awful....therfore please try to put the loss in the players perspective...they are hurting way worse than any of us...they have worked for months, practice after pratice, hours of watching film,mending numerous aches and pains, and now it just over...feel for them and to hell with this whining group of "fans"...I hoped for more but was hesitant all season as the expectations seemed out of whack to me all year. This group just never had the "step or stride" of the championship teams.... I was very shocked we were ever 11-0...proud yes, but never felt confident of a championship...give the team a damn break, go hunting, sking, or something else and support the Bball team!

Hopefully the kids know that one ignoramous doesn't represent the whole. I'm very proud of our football players and what they've accomplished. Good bunch of kids. I sure don't feel that a few of the ones in trouble represent the whole. Recruiting will be interesting and who the coaches are going to be just as intriguing.
The kids I think were awsome. The coaching was suspect. I believe BH will have to make some decisions about his offense whether it be here or elsewhere.

I really hope that when this guys kids get a little older they'll realize that dad is acting like and idiot.

Chi-town, I don't recall voicing support for Bobby in this thread, but I do understand where you're coming from. I support Bobby and want him to return next year, you obviously don't. We could go around and around on that but I doubt either one of our opinions will change.

---

So last night I couldn't sleep, the fieldgoal kick kept replaying in my head. Anyone else have that problem too?

Re/MaxGriz said:
So last night I couldn't sleep, the fieldgoal kick kept replaying in my head. Anyone else have that problem too?

Took me until 1:30 am to get to sleep. I kept thinking about how we didn't score a TD when we were on the 1 and how we didn't get any points off the turnovers.

After the game to vent my frustrations I split very seasoned Oak for about an hour.

That guy should have had his butt kicked, right in front of his kids.
I was impressed with the 3 back option attack. A Big Sky team recruiting option players looks to me to be a winner around here. Makes me wonder about some sort of west coast passing team with an option abililty? Something to think about.

The jerk seems to be the type of guy who will want to fight the umpire at his kid's Little League game. "Fans" like him forget that these are 18 - 22 yr olds - not pros 24 - 30 yrs old. They aren't there to be abused by a low life like him.

It only takes one a$$hole like him to cast doubt in a young man's mind about himself. Too bad somebody didn't "accidentally" trip him when he went up the stairs.

I still hurt too, but mostly for the players. From my point of view, I saw our Griz play 110% on every play. If it was based on effort alone, we would be the winners (but only by a few points). I felt awful for Carp, because it shouldn't have rested on his shoulders. I hope he takes yesterday's game off his shoulders quickly.

Remax your post was refreshing to read this morning. You have a good perspective. I disagree a little, I think this was a championship team. We weren't at the beginning of the season, but even yesterday I saw a talent and a heart that could have gone all the way. As for why we lost. It came down to who had the ball last (and I don't count us with 38 seconds on the clock). If had at least 90 seconds, we would be talking about how to win next week, and if ESPN was bringing in lights again.

But we didn't have 90 seconds, and so we're done. Instead of complaining and blaming we should look for ways to thank our Griz, especially our seniors.

Re/Max I am in that section and was watching the players go off the field. I saw Carp out there hugging one of the seniors and it was obvious that he took the loss on his shoulders, which he shouldn't. But I had to leave and unfortunately never heard this idiot that you speak of. Otherwise, I would have walked over to him and probably would have said something. Violence is not the answer, however, this man needed some sense knocked in him without a doubt. I know not everyone can share our feelings as a griz fan. I grew up driving over to the games from Helena after our small fry games and remember leaving our games at the last whistle in order to be able to make the kickoff. I also remember watching games at Dornblaser as a little guy. And it has not always been this good. My dad played nose guard for the Griz in the 60s and I hear stories all the time about their seasons and the battles they went through. The only thing I can say is that we are one spoiled group of fans. If you have fans that expect to win every game and go undefeated every year there is a problem. I expect the griz to win, but I am a realist and I know that reality says we are not going to win every time we strap up the pads and helmets. I do know that no matter where and when the Griz are playing I am there to support whether it is on the internet half way across the world, going to school in Las Vegas, or at drill in Helena. I can't always be in WAGRIZ, but my heart is always with the Grizzlies, and that includes basketball. I know not everyone should have the same passion and loyalty that I do. In fact, I think there needs to be some changes, but I am not going to address that here. After a loss, I get pissed, think about it, try to examine what could have been, and get over it. Because at the end of the day I know football is not life and my faith, wife, education, family, and personal life goals are far more important to me than a game. I just think that some people need to find that niche in life to get them to the point where they don't make fools of themselves on a place like egriz. We are lucky as fans to have this atmosphere. Dang lucky! But sometimes I wish we could go back to Dornblaser and have 1500 people in the stands that aren't spoiled. I had the opportunity to bring my in-laws to the game as it was their first college football experience and they absolutely loved their time even in the cold weather. My mother-in-law after the game did not realize that this was the playoffs and asked who they played next and we explained to her that the season was over and that is when she realized the reason for all the long faces. Wofford is an excellent and classy program as shown in another post and I wish them the best of luck in their playoff endeavors. Anyhow, that is my two cents and if anyone wants to bash me for being a rose-colored glasses wearer, well that is your right so go ahead. But I am a griz and always will be.

Will people please quit using the "They're 18-22 so they are immune to criticism" excuse? These are adults out there not high school juniors.

Would I boo? No, I personally think boo-ing, whether at an opponent or your own team is tacky. However, I am not going to rip somebody else for doing it. Had this team won a national championship, they'd be the toast of the town and since they didn't they've got to deal with the consequences. It's the price you pay for having a fan base that is so devoted to your every move. The fact is this team was one of the most talented this school has even seen and yet they fell well way short of expectations and off-the-field were an embarrassment.

Should some fan choose to vent his frustrations with the team, let him. It doesn't make him any less of a fan than anyone of you.

Back