• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck takes 14th in coach of the year voting, Matthews wins

Maxim

DONOR
Just another example of East COast Bias BS. Hauck takes an unheralded young so called rebuilding team to a 14-1 record and to the title game and he places 14th. What a fukn joke. Matthews got first with a team that featured the Payton award runner up. Wait didn't we beat that #1 team on the road in the playoffs. But even so no way does Hauck not deserve to be in the top 3. What a sham. He was #1 in my book this year, no wait I'm sorry I totally forgot about Praire View(WTF)! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2008 EDDIE ROBINSON AWARD VOTING
NAME (SCHOOL) 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total

Mickey Matthews, James Madison 26 12 12 5 5 229
Rich Ellerson, Cal Poly 16 13 8 7 4 174
Ron McBride, Weber State 13 17 5 5 12 170
Jerry Moore, Appalachian State 11 9 17 7 4 160
Henry Frazier, Prairie View 10 7 13 11 4 143
Andy Talley, Villanova 4 4 4 11 13 83
Clint Conque, Central Arkansas 2 4 5 9 7 70
Dale Lennon, Southern Illinois 3 4 5 7 4 64
Joe Taylor, Florida A&M 4 6 3 3 2 61
Jack Cosgrove, Maine 1 5 8 1 4 55
Buddy Pough, South Carolina State 3 2 4 4 4 47
Mark Farley, Northern Iowa 2 2 4 5 4 44
Kerwin Bell, Jacksonville 2 2 3 6 3 42
Bobby Hauck, Montana 1 1 4 7 3 38
Danny Rocco, Liberty 1 0 2 7 6 31
Dick Biddle, Colgate 0 3 1 4 6 29
Mike Ayers, Wofford 2 3 0 1 2 26
Dean Hood, Eastern Kentucky 1 2 1 1 3 21
Phil Estes, Brown 0 3 2 0 2 20
Bob Ford, Albany 0 2 0 1 8 18
*Rod Broadway, Grambling 0 0 1 0 0 3
*Sean McDonnell, New Hampshire 0 0 0 0 2 2

Micky was quoted as saying...

Thanks for the award but did you know that we never punted once in the Montana game

Bronco said:
Micky was quoted as saying...

Thanks for the award but did you know that we never punted once in the Montana game

And.......If I started every game at QB I would win the Payton Award.

I have to figure that this was voted on before the playoffs as Hauck certainly should have finished higher, I would think that London deserved at least "a" vote as a first year coach taking his team to the finals. Not too sure about the "Eastern" bias as #2 and #3 are Cal Poly and Weber State coaches...

bostonspider said:
I have to figure that this was voted on before the playoffs as Hauck certainly should have finished higher, I would think that London deserved at least "a" vote as a first year coach taking his team to the finals. Not too sure about the "Eastern" bias as #2 and #3 are Cal Poly and Weber State coaches...

No offense to London, but he did inherit a team that was in the semifinals last year and returned a lot of players. Hauck lost 14 starters. Not so say that I necessarily think Hauck should have won it....McBride has done a helluva job rebuilding Weber's program. Now to see if they can keep that success going.

I think it's kind of harsh labeling amatuer athletes as "busts". When a professional team invests $20 million in a guy and he sucks, that's one thing. But a 18-22 year old amatuer not living up to imaginary "hype" or expectations is a little arbitrary.

I agree regarding the Chambers post. He would have been great last year. Is it true that his career was ended due to a shoulder injury from a Jimmy Wilson hit in practice? Pretty sad.

General Disarray said:
I think it's kind of harsh labeling amatuer athletes as "busts". When a professional team invests $20 million in a guy and he sucks, that's one thing. But a 18-22 year old amatuer not living up to imaginary "hype" or expectations is a little arbitrary.

I agree regarding the Chambers post. He would have been great last year. Is it true that his career was ended due to a shoulder injury from a Jimmy Wilson hit in practice? Pretty sad.

Uh, wrong thread?

Note the top 3 vote getters:

2008 EDDIE ROBINSON AWARD VOTING
NAME (SCHOOL) 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total

Mickey Matthews, James Madison 26 12 12 5 5 229
Rich Ellerson, Cal Poly 16 13 8 7 4 174
Ron McBride, Weber State 13 17 5 5 12 170

I'm sure that given the choice, Coach Hauck would much prefer to lose THIS contest to these three guys and win the contest that matters -- the ballgames on the field.

Hauck beat 1, 2 and 3 where it matters.

General Disarray said:

Nice, GD. Getting the tailgating started early? :party: :beer:

how come Ash didn't make the list?

Did MSU's APR issues, disqualify the kittens from being able to cast votes, along with all their other penalties this year?

More motivation. This is a tight-knit group and will prove THEIR coach is the best out there.

:censored:

WopGriz said:
Just another example of East COast Bias BS. Hauck takes an unheralded young so called rebuilding team to a 14-1 record and to the title game and he places 14th. What a fukn joke.

I agree, Bobby has done a great job. But I think the prize he wants MOST is given out tomorrow night.

Who cares about these awards anymore, they don't mean anything. Especially coach of the year award it is so political....and to give it to Matthews, wow. Anyways, Bobby is going to have a national championship tomorrow, so I guess that would really make him coach of the year!

Back