• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Douglass, von Appen, Montelius

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
From the Missoulian today:

Former UM football player pleads guilty to attack on fellow student

Story Discussion By TRISTAN SCOTT of the Missoulian | Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:10 pm | 1 Comment

A former Grizzly football player pleaded guilty Tuesday to a felony charge relating to the September 2008 assault on a University of Montana student.

Andrew J. Douglass, 19, was initially charged with aggravated assault for his role in the attack, which involved two other former football players. The victim suffered a fractured jaw, a concussion and chipped teeth, according to court records.

Prosecutors agreed to reduce the charge to criminal endangerment after the victim's oral surgeon said the injuries were not serious enough to constitute serious bodily injury.

District Judge Doug Harkin scheduled sentencing for Oct. 13. Douglass faces a maximum punishment of 10 years in the Montana State Prison and a $50,000 fine. However, a plea agreement in the case calls for a two-year deferred sentence.

Another former Grizzly player, Cody von Appen, pleaded no contest to felony criminal endangerment in February. He was given a three-year deferred sentence and 21 days in jail.

A third former football player, Justin Montelius, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of negligent endangerment and unlawful possession of alcohol. He received a one-year deferred jail sentence and must perform 20 hours of community service and pay a $500 fine.

Posted in Local on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:10 pm | Tags: University Of Montana, Griz Football

If we could just get these guys back in Griz gear along with Wilson of course, this would be GREAT!

All you hauckSuckers do believe in second chances...................right?

He should have transferred to the Montana Penal League so he could have been with the other Griz and msu football players.

grizin06 said:
Wilson was acquitted and released over a month ago.

I knew he had been acquitted. I just have not heard anything since.
I hope he can get back to football somewhere. Too much talent not to.

NativeGriz said:
grizin06 said:
Wilson was acquitted and released over a month ago.

I knew he had been acquitted. I just have not heard anything since.
I hope he can get back to football somewhere. Too much talent not to.

College athletes have a 5 year period in which to play 4 years. That 5 year clock starts (and does not stop) when an ahtlete enrolls full-time.

Based on that, does he have any eligibility left?

No this would be a 6th year, but I heard since he was aquitted, he might have been given a hard ship, much the same way they do some athletes for injuries. Personally I would not have minded seeing him back in Missoula on a short leash.

Latest posts

Back