• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

don't get the App. hype

pussycatkillerz

DONOR
Don't get me wrong there good, VERY GOOD but I don't get all these posts saying they are better then us in every aspect ext. ext. They play in a conference inferior to the big sky and are 10-2 in it. The Las Vegas Hilton has us favored. App. State is coming to the loudest stadium in the FCS and playing a very talented team that is firing on all cylinders. Heres to the win the favored team SHOULD get. *CHEERS*

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/?s=360

Same crap that was spouted about Superpup Landers
prior to his early demise in last years Semi at his house!

:roll: :eek: :?

pussycatkillerz said:
Don't get me wrong there good, VERY GOOD but I don't get all these posts saying they are better then us in every aspect ext. ext. They play in a conference inferior to the big sky and are 10-2 in it. The Las Vegas Hilton has us favored. App. State is coming to the loudest stadium in the FCS and playing a very talented team that is firing on all cylinders. Heres to the win the favored team SHOULD get. *CHEERS*

Well said...now get ready for the posts saying we just don't "get " it.

pussycatkillerz said:

;)

And I thought we were 8-0 in conference.

MTGrizzFan said:
pussycatkillerz said:

Well said...now get ready for the posts saying we just don't "get " it.

Bring those posts on. We got Vegas on our side. ;)

Here... Here....

Why are griz fans so unsure of the Griz team?

Its one of the coolest stats ever!!!!

UM shut out the highest scoring FCS team and
scored 61 on the Best D in the country...

If I was facing the Griz in a home/ hostile environment... I would be Very nervous...

PS App State is not as good as SD State!

For some posters like Alpha and a couple little groupies, it's all about getting arguments started on here for entertainment purposes...even if their side of the argument makes it sound like they have some odd mancrush on an opposing player and must be wishing for some knee pads for Christmas :eek:

App state is definitely a great team. They are on a roll right now (much like the Griz), and even though they've had a couple of close games against teams like Wofford (3-8), Western Carolina (2-9) and Citadel (4-7) I bet we'll see an App state team that's ready to play and at the top of their game. The Griz of course have had some close calls this year too against weaker opponents (Idaho state just to mention one). Great teams can occasionally play like crap and still pull out a win.

Both teams have some great playmakers and offenses that can put up a lot of points in a hurry. Edwards isn't like any other QB we've seen this season..or last season (much better than Landers in my opinion), but I'm confident that the coaches know that, and are preparing the Griz D well. They sure did a hell of a job last week against one of the best offenses in the FCS! I'm betting this will be a very close game...with hopefully the Griz coming out on top in the end.

uncle_rico2.jpg

Way better than AE.... Glad we're not facing this guy.. Isn't he a QB coach at Idaho State now?

pussycatkillerz said:

Don't get me wrong, I say the Griz beat App State. But let's not forget this is the National Champion for 3 out of the last 4 years (the ONLY team to win 3 in a row). I know, some players are different, but some are the same (playmaker WR CoCo Hilary that set up the winning FG at Michigan, ect...is he hurt?) plus all those chippers lead to amazing recruiting classes! A lot of people think they would have won last year (which would have been FOUR!!! IN A ROW!!!) had it not been for their STUD RB (Moore) being being sidelined early in 2008 with an ankle injury. That would have them currently going for 5 in a row!!! Wholy crap!!! They would have had to settle for the 4 in row though because UM is going to be victorious this weekend. They almost beat Div 1-A ECU this year without Edwards, and we get them with Edwards, we better be on our A+ game for sure.

From the Missoulian:

Moore had 175 yards and two touchdowns in App State’s 35-31 comeback win over defending national champion Richmond last week. He has 28 career rushing touchdowns and might have been the missing cog in 2008, when an ankle injury shelved him early.

The Mountaineers had their quest for a fourth straight FCS title end at Richmond, in the quarterfinals.

Edwards, meanwhile, has 65 career touchdowns after scoring twice more in Richmond. Only Kevin Richardson, ASU’s featured running back in their 2005-07 title run, has more (66).

QUICK KICKS: Appalachian State outgained Richmond 210-50 in the fourth quarter last week. Montana outgained SDSU 158-48 in the final quarter of its 61-48 first-round win over the Jackrabbits. … Edwards missed ASU’s season opener (against Div 1-A Eastern Carolina University) but played against McNeese, throwing for 235 yards and rushing for 72. … Over the last five seasons App State has 61 wins and Montana has 58. Over the last 10 seasons UM is 117-42 and ASU is 100-32. … ASU is 75-18 in November and December under Moore. … UM is 29-8 in November and December under seventh-year coach Bobby Hauck.

ColdSmokeGriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Bring those posts on. We got Vegas on our side. ;)
The House wins alot of $$

This line has also been listed at a place called the M resort just down the road from my house. The line has already moved half a point in Montana's favor. I am guessing this has to do with name recognition of APP on the national scene and people betting on them because they just assume they are the better team. I wouldn't be surprised to see it move another point or so before the game. Normally another point would be alot in a couple days, but with us being one of only a handful of games combined with the national TV audience it will see more action from betters. I am gonna wait until friday night or saturday morning to make a bet here as the line wont get worse for UM. It will only get better.

Listen Griz.... Your stadium and the noise are not a factor... It would be if we(APP) had never played in a place that has noise.... I was at practice yesterday, and during the entire practice they had crowd noise and train noise as loud as it would go over the PA system... And to your dismay, the offense was running like a smooth oiled machine....

And guess what will cut the noise level down??? When we go up quick on you and put it out of reach... I can promise you if we get up on you like SDSU did... The apps won't lay down and take it up the BUTT like they did....

Rememer this, app/montana now have a home and home scheduled starting I believe in 2011... So bring your Montana asses over here and tell me how loud Kidd brewer stadium is... Also, it will tell us how well the montana fan base travels.. Just ask Richmond, elon, wofford, Ga southern, LSU, Michigan, NC State, Furman, how well the App fans travel...

IS IT SAT YET???

pussycatkillerz said:

I guess the Armanti hype is similar to the WaGrizNoise hype...you won't understand until you experience it....but our hype scores touchdowns.. ;)

Posters who say that App is not as good as SDSU? Really? :oops: This game will be a battle and the Griz have an advantage by being at home but App will not be intimidated and will bring their A game. The noise will effect App if they can cause AE to have to audible out of plays and, as we saw with SFA, it is tough to communicate with the line. Will be a great game.

putter said:
Posters who say that App is not as good as SDSU? Really? :oops: This game will be a battle and the Griz have an advantage by being at home but App will not be intimidated and will bring their A game. The noise will effect App if they can cause AE to have to audible out of plays and, as we saw with SFA, it is tough to communicate with the line. Will be a great game.

Agree...that's my biggest fear...how will the noise affect the audibles? We have a very loose offense & the QB is allowed to change the play based on what the defense gives them, but how do you communicate with the WR's? I'll trust their abilities as they dealt with 105k loud fans in Ann Arbor...well, they were loud for about a quarter... :lol:

Really wish i was goign to this game... :(

They are good, really good, they deserve the hype. So do we, all of the semi final teams do. Saying App doesn't is pretty ignorant. The only thing bigger than either App hype, or Griz hype is the hype surrounding this game. If its a blowout either way it will be disappointing.

Appy has barely been hanging on this year... good wins against bad Furman and GSU teams is all they have until the playoffs.

OVER-RATED

Back