• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

My dream coaching staff

Hammer

DONOR
I know this is a pipe dream but if asked Santa for a coaching staff this is what I would ask for.

HC Dave Doeren
OC Robin Pflugrad
DC Mike Breske
OL Chad Germer
WR's Billy Cockhill
RB's Mick Delaney

Get those guys together the rest may not matter. Thoughts?

You know, your post gave me an idea-we should hire some Victoria Secret underwear models to coach the team-THINK OF THE RECRUITING ADVANTAGES! who says you have to know football to coach it? This would be my dream coaching staff. ;)

grizaremoregooder said:
You know, your post gave me an idea-we should hire some Victoria Secret underwear models to coach the team-THINK OF THE RECRUITING ADVANTAGES! who says you have to know football to coach it? This would be my dream coaching staff. ;)

You got it. Since the griz team could win coachless I'm all for it. Plus just think how the attendance would go thru the roof also.

Lap dances for the players if they were leading at the half!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Undefeated forever!

Hammer said:
I know this is a pipe dream but if asked Santa for a coaching staff this is what I would ask for.

HC Dave Doeren
OC Robin Pflugrad
DC Mike Breske
OL Chad Germer
WR's Billy Cockhill
RB's Mick Delaney

HC Vince Lombardi
OC Tom Landry
DC George Halas
OL John Madden
WRs Jerry Rice
RBs Walter Payton

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since it's the dream staff i would add Dickenson in there somewhere as an assistant. Start grooming him for the future.

Hammer said:

HC Dave Doeren
OC Robin Pflugrad
DC Mike Breske
OL Chad Germer
WR's Billy Cockhill
RB's Mick Delaney

Not to shabby Hammer. I would love to see Doeren get the HC position, but I am not sure Breske would come back as an assistant. I do hope Germer stays. I don't think Pflugrad will remain if he gets a better paying assistant offer elsewhere. Cockhill, no comment. Love Delaney, having Mick stay is a bonus for the new head man. Delaney is like having another HC. He knows this state, is a tough Butte guy, but is very personable too. He has some Read/Dennehey/Hauck in him.

Interesting that Cockhill's name comes up -- wonder how interested he would be, maybe getting bored reviewing loan applications at the bank??

Also notice a pattern here--- if you are an offensive coordinator every two-bit football "fan" is convinced he is much smarter than you. Hence the hate on OC's. I think the rap on Phenicie is way overdone----after all, you can call all the brilliant plays you want, but if they don't execute, you look like an idiot. RP got a lot smarter when the Griz got more dominant on the offensive line, and then a guy like Chase Reynolds comes along, and your I.Q. takes another leap.

GrizSpartan said:
Add Mike Gerber as strength coach and we would have a great staff. Hope you "dream" comes true.

I hope Gerber stays, seems like the Griz got a lot tougher & had more endurance since his hire.

HC - Santa Claus- Talk about a guy that can deliver!
OC - Michael Moore - Doesnt get more offensive than that.
DC - Buddy Ryan - Old and good
OL - Trojan Man - He knows protection
WR's - Paris Hilton - Nobody can get you vertical like her
RB's - Lawrence Phillips - only because you know hes not busy with anything.

Pretty sure Gerber isn't staying.

That said I think that having Doreen and Breske here together isn't that far of a stretch, having those two together (if they can mesh well together) would be an incredibly amazing pairing. Breske was DC as NDSU, so coming here as DC would presumably be a slight step-up, and would allow him probably bigger opportunities in the future.

Other former Griz players that might be good choices as coaches:

- Matt Troxel, WRs. Trox in his senior year basically became sort of grad-assistant coach. He's very good with WRs, obviously knows his stuff, and comes from good coaching stock. Bobby had great praise for Trox this time last year even saying that "someday (Bobby) will be working for Matt."

- Scott Gragg, Oline. Gragg actually interviewed last year but Germer got the job, I believe he's coaching or assisting some high school team, right?

- Dave Dickinson, QBs/OC? Presumably too "green" to just be handed an OC job. Super Dave is interested in coaching.

- Grady Bennett, ? Grady's shown he's an amazing analyist and X's and O's guy on TV, and had winning success as an HC at Flathead.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think Grady Bennett would come to the Griz unless it were a head coaching job or offensive coordinator - which I don't think he gets if he applies. Personally, I think he already has his dream job building up the program at Glacier High School. I could be wrong, but he's got a pretty good thing going up in the Flathead Valley.

grizfromhel said:
Interesting that Cockhill's name comes up -- wonder how interested he would be, maybe getting bored reviewing loan applications at the bank??

Also notice a pattern here--- if you are an offensive coordinator every two-bit football "fan" is convinced he is much smarter than you. Hence the hate on OC's. I think the rap on Phenicie is way overdone----after all, you can call all the brilliant plays you want, but if they don't execute, you look like an idiot. RP got a lot smarter when the Griz got more dominant on the offensive line, and then a guy like Chase Reynolds comes along, and your I.Q. takes another leap.
No, I am pretty sure RP is an idiot. May the door hit his ass on the way out!

Back