• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JASON WASHINGTON WAS BETTER THAN SELLE IS THIS YEAR.

dub-foncy

Player Rep blatantly lied to try to refute my point that Selle has worse stats than Washington did through three games.

Selle has a 52.9 completion % with 4 TDs and 5 INTs

Washington had 54.5 completion % with 4 TDs and 2 INTs

Oh and Washington started against Oregon.

Let's hear you yokels stick up for Golden Boy now. Looks like someone should have been learning the playbook instead of working on equations.

Look out coaching staff, Selle's benefactors are going to blame all the losses he causes on you and your staff. You see what starting Selle got you last week? Don't make the same mistake again, the same people that want Selle to start are the same people that will run you out of town when he does poorly. You are making a career ending decision by starting Andy Selle.

Football players are student/athletes, not athlete/students. School should always be their priority.

'68griz said:
Football players are student/athletes, not athlete/students. School should always be their priority.

Against my better judgment I'll go ahead and say it: school will always be there for a guy like Selle. Football will not

Dub,
Why don't we dig up stats on Bert Wilburger while we are at it? Or how about stats from your flag-football career in the rec league in town?

Well then we should probably kill him too. Dub you are such a bore to listen to most of the time. We all know your opinion because you restate it a million times. Duly noted.

Dub, you may be able to justify your stance on Selle in many ways, but the "Jason Washington was better than Selle is this year" is not one of them. As poorly as Selle is playing, it is still much better than anything Washington could do. You are losing any credibility you may have, which is not much.

DJOLLIEBALLS HAS A NEW NAME BUT IS STILL JUST AS OBNOXIOUS.

How's that for a title?

Why don't you focus on questions about the offensive line play instead of making such a widely panned and totally ridiculous statement, which neither reflects a whole season of stats put up by Washington or the current problems afflicting this team?

grizindabox said:
Dub, you may be able to justify your stance on Selle in many ways, but the "Jason Washington was better than Selle is this year" is not one of them. As poorly as Selle is playing, it is still much better than anything Washington could do.
I think we need to wait until a Griz player needs to be bailed out of jail at 3:30 in the morning before we can make that judgment.

We're all supporting the same team here...are we not? Whadya say we hit the stadium on Saturday and back our boys...regardless of whom is under center. Because, contrary to the belief of some posters, what we think about personnel decisions doesn't matter. I know, it's a tough one to grasp...

JASON WASHINGTON WAS BETTER THAN SELLE IS THIS YEAR.

No, not even close!!! What your stats don't tell is how Jason avoided contact at all cost. He had the athletic ability to run on every play, but he'd just go down or run out of bounds. More often than not he looked like a chicken running around with his head cut off. He was hands down the worst Grizzly starting quarterback I have seen going back to the mid-eighties.

Selle has had a rough start to this season without a doubt. I'm not sure if he has a mechanical issue, injury, nerves, or a combo of these. However, I'm hopeful that like all good baseball players, golfers, or and other athletes that go through rough patches in their game he will recover to his former self. Roper as an alternative gives me much less confidence. He is good at times, but when the game is on the line he appears to make big mistakes or boneheaded plays. Selle is not a perfect quarterback, but when he is operating well I would take him over almost anybody in the country.

Dub - Crack said it correctly, your rants are a bore.

Seems to me that you have a personal problem with Selle. I get the feeling that maybe Selle bullied you in grade school? Beat you out as the starting QB at West High? Stole your girlfriend? Hit on your mom?

Don't know what it is but it seems personal and it is a bore.

Grizincatland said:
Dub - Crack said it correctly, your rants are a bore.

Seems to me that you have a personal problem with Selle. I get the feeling that maybe Selle bullied you in grade school? Beat you out as the starting QB at West High? Stole your girlfriend? Hit on your mom?

Don't know what it is but it seems personal and it is a bore.

It is just easier for people to focus on one person, namely the QB, of any team rather than trying to sift through the numerous "team" problems that are responsible for the 1-2 start. Djollieballs thinks it is all out of loyalty to a Billings boy. I disagree, because I've watched each and every game and cannot come to the conclusion that Selle alone is responsible for the start. He isn't playing as well as last year, no doubt, but neither is any other unit or player on the team who has either returned to his position or succeeded another at his.

Hey dub, you still think that Jones is not a first class RB. He is heads and tails better than any back in the Big Sky and in my opinion the early favorite to win the Payton.

This thread proves that not only has doucheballs never played the game, but he also doesn't even attend them. Everything he knows about football is based on what someone else tells him. If he actually watched the two play LIVE, he wouldn't start such a dumb thread. Washington had the happiest feet i've ever seen in a QB.

Griz Growler said:
Hey dub, you still think that Jones is not a first class RB. He is heads and tails better than any back in the Big Sky and in my opinion the early favorite to win the Payton.

I gave Jones his props this week already. He might be the best player to ever play FCS football. He looks like Adrian Peterson only he plays for a REALLY bad team so it's hard to get a bead on how good he actually is. If he played on a good team, he would have won the Payton last year.

garizzalies said:
This thread proves that not only has doucheballs never played the game, but he also doesn't even attend them. Everything he knows about football is based on what someone else tells him. If he actually watched the two play LIVE, he wouldn't start such a dumb thread. Washington had the happiest feet i've ever seen in a QB.

Numbers don't lie.

Washington has better numbers than Selle. Selle's numbers are actually getting worse too...

Ut ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................

garizzalies said:

While you are correct, this is also irrelevant. You have to understand frat boy logic 101, to understand the approach here. Aggravating a bunch of people behind an anonymous message board is the point.

Of course DJ has never stepped on the field……of course he doesn’t know what he is talking about….but that really isn’t the point. He baits the hook….you guys take the bait….jolly gets his jollies.

SO since numbers do not lie...how about 15 and 3 as starting QB. 14 and 1 last year and sure only 1 and 2 this year but with a new OL and new WR's as well. Give him time and see. It will start this weekend.

Dub = Wolfman
Remember him.............had nothing good to say about the GRIZ

Sorry put this another thread This is the one I want to post it on...................

Back