• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dan Moore ?

grizare#1

Sorry if this has already been talked about but any word on how Dan is doing, it did not look good when he left the game and did not put any weight on the right leg. Sure hope he is ok, that kid puts all he has into every play.

MrTitleist said:
Came back onto the field w/ crutches in the 2nd half.

I was told he may not be done for the season, more tests today. I sure hope so, the kid is a beast on Special Teams and can more than hold his own run blocking, running and catching a pass or two.

Grizbacker1 said:
MrTitleist said:
Came back onto the field w/ crutches in the 2nd half.

I was told he may not be done for the season, more tests today. I sure hope so, the kid is a beast on Special Teams and can more than hold his own run blocking, running and catching a pass or two.

I hope it's nothing too serious. He's one of those guys that just get the job done no matter what you ask of him. It's great to have kids like him on the team.

Any more word on Tyrone Duncan and whether he can get back on the field this year? He was really becoming a force before he got hurt.

kemajic said:
Any more word on Tyrone Duncan and whether he can get back on the field this year? He was really becoming a force before he got hurt.

Yes, as of last week, he was expected to be back at some point.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:

I saw he was on the sideline during the NAU game and wasn't in a sling and looked ok. My guess is he comes back after the bye, along with Sambrono.

Griz Growler said:
PlayerRep said:
I saw he was on the sideline during the NAU game and wasn't in a sling and looked ok. My guess is he comes back after the bye, along with Sambrono.

Sambrano played Saturday. :thumb:

Griz Growler said:
1 play, I'm talking significant playing time.

not to disparage your remark because he didn't play a ton but i could have swore he played 5-10 snaps in the 4th qtr??

I think he was out there on a little more than half the plays in the last two drives, I know he had a few thrown his way.

I think the coaches are easing him back in, and look to play him later in the game.

I swear i thought i saw Duncan playing DT for a couple plays early in the game...????

Did anyone else see that or where my beer googles too blurry.

garizzalies said:
I don't think we were looking at the same stuff you were?

beergoggles1.jpg

garizzalies said:
I swear i thought i saw Duncan playing DT for a couple plays early in the game...????

He was on the sidelines wearing street clothes, actually he had a shirt on with the old copper and gold colors.

Sambrano was the one who was making the call on whether he was ready to go. He was still hurting bad on Wednesday but I think he felt he could help the team and put himself in. I like his courage and willingness to sacrifice for the team even when he's not 100%.

crackgina said:
Sambrano was the one who was making the call on whether he was ready to go. He was still hurting bad on Wednesday but I think he felt he could help the team and put himself in. I like his courage and willingness to sacrifice for the team even when he's not 100%.

So do we know if it was truly a collapsed lung? And if so was it the rib puncture type or was it the spontaneous traumatic blow type or something else?

I didn't ask him if it was ok to blab about his medical condition in detail. I will get back to you after checking with him.

Grisly Fan said:
crackgina said:

So do we know if it was truly a collapsed lung? And if so was it the rib puncture type or was it the spontaneous traumatic blow type or something else?

It was mentioned in the paper:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/article_dcf43bc0-da71-11df-91f2-001cc4c03286.html

The Griz lost standout defensive end Severin Campbell to a broken kneecap suffered in a chop block in the first half, and didn't dress receiver Jabin Sambrano, who suffered a collapsed lung in the Idaho State game last week.

"A pretty serious injury," Pflugrad said of Sambrano, a big-play man in UM's passing game. "That takes an element out of our offense

Back