• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Should Have Hired VanDiest

I'd take Rob Halford from Judas Priest at this point. That guy knows how to dish out the plunger reamings rather than absorb them.

Oh yeah, this is rich. Somebody who calls himself "I hate Rob Phenicie" starts a thread, and then "colsteve," who's never once posted anything positive, chimes right in. Hey steve, can you show me something positive that you've posted? I asked last year and never heard back from you.

Hell, I've never hard of this VanDiest character, so I looked him up. Seems like he's done one hell of a job at the junior college ranks. Do y'all think he would be ready to make the jump to Division 2, and then, if y'all move up, to Division 1?

Ashley Schaeffer said:
Hell, I've never hard of this VanDiest character, so I looked him up. Seems like he's done one hell of a job at the junior college ranks. Do y'all think he would be ready to make the jump to Division 2, and then, if y'all move up, to Division 1?
That was the big question about him. No one really knows. Personally I think he would have been a good hire.

IHateRobPhenicie said:
The Griz should have hired Mike VanDiest....I told you.

Are you kidding me? From your eGriz name, one can see you are a completely unhappy individual.

Ihaterobphenicie. Give me a break. Bet you have never played a sport in your life.

IHateRobPhenicie said:
The Griz should have hired Mike VanDiest....I told you.
In all seriousness, who is Mike Van Diest? How would he have been better? I am curious? Not being a wise ass, just not up on who applies for jobs in Missoula...

LA, Van Diest is the HC for Carrol College. He has won 5 NC there and Carrol is the top NAIA program this decade.

I agree about Brent Pease. He will be a HC somewhere someday and will be wildely sucessful at it when he is. Wouldn't surprise me if Pease would take over at BSU if Peterson ever leaves.

Ashley Schaeffer said:
We should take in one of his games some day AS... bring your ear plugs. He's a maniac on the sideline and his language makes mine seem like religous banter. He rules by fear. But they win. Catch 22. All I can say is there's a lot of dead priests rolling in their graves from the f-bombs flying on the sidelines.

I agree completely! VanDiest would have been a lot better. Thanks O'Day for the cheap and easy solution! I guess we get what we pay for! I say it should have been a red flag to anyone as to why Pfluffy had never been given a head coach position before now!! Guess we know now!

Griznationalist said:
The Van Diester has a real recruiting edge in places like Big Sandy and Scobey, but I'm not sure that's what the Griz need.

Don't forget Two Dot and Hysham. Solid NFL players coming out of those hot-beds.

schield said:
Griznationalist said:
The Van Diester has a real recruiting edge in places like Big Sandy and Scobey, but I'm not sure that's what the Griz need.

Don't forget Two Dot and Hysham. Solid NFL players coming out of those hot-beds.

Chester...

Don't make fun of small town football. They are all Montana kids.

VanDiest would have been a great choice, I'm not gonna argue with you on that one. To me, he commands more respect than Pflu and is a very discipline minded coach. A lot of people talked about the recruiting advantage that Pflugrad would have because of his work experience and the oregon connection but in the big picture, you can either lead a team or you can't. With that said, I'm still hoping Pfu can get it done. If they have the same problems next year, that will be different.

Back