• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 strikes and you're out...

Griz2k

DONOR
1. Conference champs streak ends.
2. Lose to the cats.
3. Playoff streak ends.

That hurts...

In my mind, 2010 will definitely be the year when Griz football, as we knew it, ceased to exist.

68 you sound like a spoiled brat who didn't get the present he wanted for Christmas - or the fat girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Is Griz football being 14-1 every year, playing in the NC game every year, beating the Cats year in and year out. Are these the the things that make Griz football what it was?

The success the Griz have had is unparalled by any other FCS program. Is it only Griz football as we know it if that standard continues.

Apparently 7-4 is a disaster of epic proportions that the program will never recover from. The Griz will obviously have turn over problems for the remainder of history. The injury bug will haunt UM until all living things are destroyed by a nuclear holocaust and the coaches and players will never be able to improve on this years performance.

For christ sake its one kind of bad year out of the last 25!

As one former distinguished coach used to say to the team "Winning is Hard" and thats the truth!

'68griz said:
In my mind, 2010 will definitely be the year when Griz football, as we knew it, ceased to exist.

I sure hope your right!

The whole 0-3 things was WAY old.

I cant wait until next year when we can take a REAL run at the playoffs with a legit shot at winning it all.

Everyone on this board is way to quick to hit the panic button. Everyone needs to just settle down and let some things play out, not go crazy and say the coach should be fired and Griz football is on the downhill. Everyone CHILL! You are all just a bunch of armchair coaches sitting in front of your computer anyway, thinking you know whats best. im pretty sure if you all knew what was best you would probably be working for the administration, not sitting in front of your computer complaining about how you weren't spoiled rotten this year. Lets all try a new tactic! this logically before you start pounding all this nonsense into your keyboard.

A few minutes ago I was on the phone with a co-worker who used to play for the Griz and is still tight with the athletic dept. He asked what the mood is on egriz -- he doesn't read it -- and I told him I thought the pendulum today had generally swung back to moping. He replied that the coaches are on the road and the team is taking out its frustration in the weight room.

Noches de Passion had a really good point in another thread: scroll to the bottom of your screen and check out how many Cat fans are logged in to eGriz to read the moping they've been waiting for for 17 years. We had what was for us a bad season, and didn't get into the playoffs. It's over and there's no changing it. The question now is whether we want to suck it up or whether we want to spend the next 4 weeks crying in our beer for the entertainment of the MSU and EWU fans.

[repeat]

0-1 making the playoffs
0-1 playing in FCS championship game
0-1 winning BSC Championship
0-1 beating the Cats
1-1 a winning season (7-4) hell, I remember when a 7-4 season was only wishful thinking.

1-5, it is what it is, a performance not seen by Griz Nation in ~20 years. hopefully Coach Pflugrad can learn from his mistakes and looks like a genius next year! wishful thinking?

griz8791 said:
Noches de Passion had a really good point in another thread: scroll to the bottom of your screen and check out how many Cat fans are logged in to eGriz to read the moping they've been waiting for for 17 years. We had what was for us a bad season, and didn't get into the playoffs. It's over and there's no changing it. The question now is whether we want to suck it up or whether we want to spend the next 4 weeks crying in our beer for the entertainment of the MSU and EWU fans.
The Griz/Cat game should have been irrelevant as to the Griz making the playoffs. The Griz lost a playoff berth when it fell to both CalPoly & EWU. Simple as that. Beyond that, the Cats are irrelevant to me. Just another BSC team to beat. But, a damned good one, (this year) at that.

I'll support the Cats in the playoffs because they are a MT team & I like seeing MT teams perform well on the national stage in all sports. Even the Carroll Saints. Go Grizzz!!! Go Cats!!! Go Saints!!! Represent the great state of Montana, well!!!

David2 said:
griz8791 said:
The Griz/Cat game should have been irrelevant as to the Griz making the playoffs. The Griz lost a playoff berth when it fell to both CalPoly & EWU. Simple as that. Beyond that, the Cats are irrelevant to me. Just another BSC team to beat. But, a damned good one, (this year) at that.

I'll support the Cats in the playoffs because they are a MT team & I like seeing MT teams perform well on the national stage in all sports. Even the Carroll Saints. Go Grizzz!!! Go Cats!!! Go Saints!!! Represent the great state of Montana, well!!!
Maybe Griz/cat should have been irrelevant but it wasn't. Griz win and they're in the playoffs. Simple as that....Go Griz, Go Saints...cats...meh

Back