• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Poll on Coach Pflugrad

What is your opinion of Coach Pflugrad?

• Pflu is a good coach

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • Pflu is not a good coach

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Pflu is a mediocre coach

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • Pflu will not make the playoffs next year

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • Pflu will have the Griz in the playoffs next year

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • Pflu will have the Griz in the quarter finals next year

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Pflu will have the Griz in the NC game next year

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters

Grizzoola

DONOR
Maybe a sense of this board re: Coach Pflu can be summarized in this poll. It's not perfect. Maybe someone else can post a better poll, but I think one is called for, now.

Griziron said:
You need another option - too early to tell.
Well, if one votes that Pflu is a good coach & will make the playoffs next year, isn't that a vote of confidence? Based on Griz coaching successes over the past 17-18 years in at least making the playoffs, I think "too early to tell" misses some kind of commitment to where one is coming from re: Coach Pflu. By "too early to tell," are you giving Pflu a pass on at least making the playoffs next year? I think making the playoffs is the standard set by eGrizzers, and probably most fans at this point in time.

"Too early to tell" means I haven't formed an opinion yet. Maybe getting to 7-4 with this team was a great coaching job. Since he's never been a head coach before, I'm willing to give him another year. If the Griz miss the playoffs or have a losing record, I'd have a hard time saying he's a good coach. It's also hard to say what next year's team will look like, so predicting whether they make the playoffs isn't easy.

Latest hot flash from D2 on a plu poll:

quote]I think one is called for, now.[/quote]

And for what logical reason?

You are a mental non-sequitur -- as if whatever egrizzers are thinking affects anything, really.

You should take your poll and turn it into a POLE, and shove it where the sun don't shine -- and stay up there on it without access to a computer and egriz, with your face turned toward Vegas and Bobby God.

Too early to tell. You have to give the guy a chance though. This is his first HC job. For what it's worth, I think we'll be just fine next season.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Griziron said:
You need another option - too early to tell.
So true. Anyone that votes in an agenda driven pool like this.......really......D2
How is this p-o-l-l "agenda driven"? Maybe, Alfalfa, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! I don't know how this poll will turn out & maybe more eGrizzers agree that Pflu is a good coach & will have the Griz in the playoffs, or more, next year. How is that "agenda driven"? I just want to find out where this board stands, after a week or so of grumbling & praising Coach Pflu. Maybe it is premature. At least it's a measure of where eGrizzers are at this point in time.

I will say I'm not a Pflu fan, but I do not think this bias appears in the poll options. Maybe eGrizzers want to give Pflu a chance. I think the poll options allow them to do that.

MTGrizzFan said:
Too early to tell. You have to give the guy a chance though. This is his first HC job. For what it's worth, I think we'll be just fine next season.

Nicely put, MT!

I hope you're right on that last part! But, from what I've seen so far, to say I'm worried about next season is a massive understatement!

Not that it means anything, but just when I thought I was over Carp's missed FG against Wofford, we lose to the Cats...in OUR HOUSE!??! :cry:

More than a few things need to change before I start thinkin' "we'll be just fine next season".

Name the coach that went 6-6 his first year then won 2 National Titles and had a record of 83-19.

Hint...this guy is also known as a good recruiter and more of a rah rah players coach. Not saying that Pflugrad is going to be the next coming but you've gotta give the guy at least 2-3 years.

.....Too early to tell. In my opinion. I gave Coach Hauck a couple years before I decided what I thought about his style and the way he handled the team. :|

Kodiak said:
Name the coach that went 6-6 his first year then won 2 National Titles and had a record of 83-19.

Hint...this guy is also known as a good recruiter and more of a rah rah players coach. Not saying that Pflugrad is going to be the next coming but you've gotta give the guy at least 2-3 years.

Pete Carroll @ USC for those wondering.

So your telling me that right now.....Pflu is a better collage coach than Pete Carroll?

Ok, I believe it......he does have a better record after the first year.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
So your telling me that right now.....Pflu is a better collage coach than Pete Carroll?

Ok, I believe it......he does have a better record after the first year.
He makes about 5% of what Carroll made.

Of course it's too early to decide. That's why I'm predicting, and rather optimistically, that:

He's a good coach. Quarter finals.

I have a prediction for the end of the world too. No, it's not 2012, or another missed post-season berth.

I think Pflu's gonna get into the playoffs and win a game or two next year. I'm not a Hauck or a Pflu fan, I'm a Griz fan. I do miss Hauck, since I liked watching the NC featuring the Griz, but I would have liked it more if we had won one. However, at the end of the day, Hauck's at UNLV and Pflu is at the helm of the Montana Football Grizzlies, so go Griz, go Pflu! The Griz are going to come back hungry next year and get it done. Quarterfinals or better next year, and another flag at WaGriz in three years!

Back