• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SHSU's Strength of Schedule

GrizMusician

I know there's already been a lot if talk about SHSU's strength of schedule... but WOW... I didn't realize it was rated so low.

Strength of schedule out of all of the FCS schools: 116th/118

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess we'll see after this weekend what kind of merit the strength of schedule really has.

AZGrizFan said:
They lose this week. Bank it.

I would definitely make that bet. They look good, but when you're playing against a bunch of high school quality teams, I would hope you would go 10-0 in your conference with a decent team.

GrizMusician said:
AZGrizFan said:
They lose this week. Bank it.

I would definitely make that bet. They look good, but when you're playing against a bunch of high school quality teams, I would hope you would go 10-0 in your conference with a decent team.

Yep. But be careful. I'm not a knowledgeable football fan. :cool:

The Grizzly fan base is the last group that should be piling on SHSU. Every year Montana has made the playoffs fans of other conferences have said it is because of a week sos and even weaker conference.
Let the games play out.

Mavman said:
The Grizzly fan base is the last group that should be piling on SHSU. Every year Montana has made the playoffs fans of other conferences have said it is because of a week sos and even weaker conference.
Let the games play out.

Yes but more often than not those skeptics have been proven wrong. The big sky has played in the championship game in 4 of the last 7 years.

EDIT: Whereas the southland rarely shows well in the playoffs.

SHSU players know they aren't getting any respect even though they're undefeated and the #1 seed. I believe that will motivate those Bearkats to vent some frustration on SBU. I won't be surprised if Sam Houston St wins this one by 30 + points.

The playoff games will determine if SHSU actually deserves the top seed. Yet make no mistake they have a talented team. They don't just want to win one, they will want to make a statement. So I suspect Sam Houston State will put the big hurt on Stony Brook this weekend.
:ugeek:

As they should.. Stony Brook isn't a very good team, IMO. SHSU will really struggle in the 2nd round.

I'm not hating on SHSU, I'm just pointing out an observation of the rankings based on strength of schedule.

I'm actually really interested to see how this is going to turn out & if the SOS has any real merit.

I like SHSU to win first game, but I think the Cats playing in good weather go down and show them how montana plays football. The cats aren't a bad team, they just got beat by a better Griz team. But they are fast and McGhee is good when conditions are favorable. I think they do well at SHSU in second round...

deputygrizbro said:
I like SHSU to win first game, but I think the Cats playing in good weather go down and show them how montana plays football. The cats aren't a bad team, they just got beat by a better Griz team. But they are fast and McGhee is good when conditions are favorable. I think they do well at SHSU in second round...

+1

I'm confused. It looks as though SHSU's SoS is 193rd. That certainly wouldn't place them 116th out of 118th FCS teams.

EverettGriz said:
I'm confused. It looks as though SHSU's SoS is 193rd. That certainly wouldn't place them 116th out of 118th FCS teams.
There was some list that strictly ranked the teams based by the W-L record of their opponents. Which is pretty fail in the first place since a game against Richmond is x10 the strength of playing Dayton or whoever won the Pioneer this year

Plus it only had playoff opponents' records added in for non-seeds. So it was a double fail list

deputygrizbro said:
Gotta get by some team named New Hampshire first...... :thumb:

This is just FCS:

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: This is ALL college. Click the drop-down for "FCS". SHSU schedule is ranked 65 in this ranking.

You dudes are too funny. Now strength of schedule determines how good a team is. You will find out soon enough just how good SH is.

Growler1 said:
You dudes are too funny. Now strength of schedule determines how good a team is. You will find out soon enough just how good SH is.

Growler doesn't comprehend what he reads. :lol:

GRZFTBL said:
This is just FCS:

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: This is ALL college. Click the drop-down for "FCS". SHSU schedule is ranked 65 in this ranking.

Thanks! :thumb:

Back