Welcome to the new eGriz Forum!
The eGriz.com forums have been upgraded to the latest version (it took longer than expected). You may notice differences here and there, mobile friendly being one of them. If the site is looking funky to you, please clear your temporary internet files. You can click the X in the top right corner of this message to remove it. Enjoy!

How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS


bylarke
4th String
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:05 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby bylarke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:22 am

For those of you out there wanting to wach the game and worried you can't get it. (Yes I agree they should broadcast it locally in MT) Assuming ESPN doesn't change their minds you can access ESPN 3 from any ISP using remote play. Since every public College and military base has access to ESPN3 you can simply go to the nearest College use their wifi or public computer and create an ESPN3 account. Then sync your account for Remote play. Then go home...hook your computer up to your TV (or don't) login and boom watch the game from the comfort of your home...If you can't get to a campus...or are too lazy..just keep watch and an account with remote play access might just be posted :thumb:

wbtfg
Second Team All Conference
Posts: 5164
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am
I am a fan of: Instigating

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby wbtfg » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:33 am

what is remote play?
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

bylarke
4th String
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:05 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby bylarke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:31 am

wbtfg wrote:what is remote play?


Remote Play is an option ESPN 3 has so if you pay for ESPN via your ISP but are away from home you can still access it via your account. I had to do this in 2009 back then MY ISP wasn't on the list but I could access ESPN(back then it was 360 not 3) from the college campus I work at. So all you have to do is login on an ISP that has access sync your account for remote play...its at the top of the screen next to the watch now button. and it allows your account to view content no matter what IP your are on. Unfortuently this only works via the web site and not the Android or Xbox apps. I tried...I have been trying to make sure my mom can watch in Billings.

User avatar
GrizMusician
Starter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:06 pm
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby GrizMusician » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:42 am

Then connect PC to flat screen TV via HDMI & BOOM! GAME TIME BISHES!

blondeh2o
4th String
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:25 pm
I am a fan of: Montana Griz
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby blondeh2o » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 am

I know this may sound silly GrizMusician. . . but I know there are some people out there who aren't as computer savvy as you. lol I was wondering if you would be willing to put up a nice "directions page"- step by step for those who don't understand. I will be at the game, so I'm not so worried....but people like my father. . . perhaps not too sure what you are talking about. You think that would help? Then whoever wants may post it to their facebook and spread the word that way. Just a thought. Thanks so much for all the tips you have been posting!! Very helpful. Unfortunately, as a state we are so rural, or people don't have laptops, they won't even be able to do that. . perhaps.

Thanks again!
Dizzo for the Grizzo

User avatar
GrizMusician
Starter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:06 pm
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby GrizMusician » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

blondeh2o wrote:I know this may sound silly GrizMusician. . . but I know there are some people out there who aren't as computer savvy as you. lol I was wondering if you would be willing to put up a nice "directions page"- step by step for those who don't understand. I will be at the game, so I'm not so worried....but people like my father. . . perhaps not too sure what you are talking about. You think that would help? Then whoever wants may post it to their facebook and spread the word that way. Just a thought. Thanks so much for all the tips you have been posting!! Very helpful. Unfortunately, as a state we are so rural, or people don't have laptops, they won't even be able to do that. . perhaps.

Thanks again!


Absolutely! I'll work on it. ;)

User avatar
GrizzlyEdd
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Grizzlies
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby GrizzlyEdd » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:00 am

How would UM like it at the Mansfield Library if 2000 people showed up who are not students to use their computers... hmmmmm the first couple of hundred might they might let pass but me thinks when a couple of thousand started creating parking problems, building capacity problem, etc there would be a quick response to that... just saying... ;)
I am NOT a self professed college football Guru... just an ignorant fan and I can live with that!

Image

User avatar
grizfan95
Starter
Posts: 1820
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 pm
I am a fan of: University of Montana
Location: Helena

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby grizfan95 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 am

UMwpa (the wireless network on The U of M campus) is, apparently, not available for Remote Access.
Griz O-lineman Jon Opperud when asked what it was like to play in the 2011 Cat-Griz game: "We're 22-4 against them in the last 26 years... I wouldn't really call that a rivalry."

Image

User avatar
GrizMusician
Starter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:06 pm
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby GrizMusician » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:33 am

blondeh2o wrote:I know this may sound silly GrizMusician. . . but I know there are some people out there who aren't as computer savvy as you. lol I was wondering if you would be willing to put up a nice "directions page"- step by step for those who don't understand. I will be at the game, so I'm not so worried....but people like my father. . . perhaps not too sure what you are talking about. You think that would help? Then whoever wants may post it to their facebook and spread the word that way. Just a thought. Thanks so much for all the tips you have been posting!! Very helpful. Unfortunately, as a state we are so rural, or people don't have laptops, they won't even be able to do that. . perhaps.

Thanks again!


This should wet your chops...

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/compute ... o-your-tv/ (SFW)

User avatar
Cuervohola
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 pm
I am a fan of: GRIZ, SAINTS
Location: HELENA

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Cuervohola » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 pm

GrizMusician wrote:Then connect PC to flat screen TV via HDMI & BOOM! GAME TIME BISHES!


Good point... I'll have to get an extra HDMI hookup
Image

User avatar
Cuervohola
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 pm
I am a fan of: GRIZ, SAINTS
Location: HELENA

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Cuervohola » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 pm

GrizMusician wrote:Then connect PC to flat screen TV via HDMI & BOOM! GAME TIME BISHES!


Good point... I'll have to get an extra HDMI hookup
Image

User avatar
GrizMusician
Starter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:06 pm
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby GrizMusician » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Cuervohola wrote:
GrizMusician wrote:Then connect PC to flat screen TV via HDMI & BOOM! GAME TIME BISHES!


Good point... I'll have to get an extra HDMI hookup


Don't spend too much... any gold tipped one will work great.

Grisly Fan
Starter
Posts: 3715
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:34 am
I am a fan of: da' Griz
Location: Portland OR

Re: Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Grisly Fan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 pm

GrizMusician wrote:
Cuervohola wrote:
GrizMusician wrote:Then connect PC to flat screen TV via HDMI & BOOM! GAME TIME BISHES!


Good point... I'll have to get an extra HDMI hookup


Don't spend too much... any gold tipped one will work great.

If you feel comfortable buying on the internet then try www.monoprice.com. Good products and CHEAP (I am in no way affliated with this vendor).

User avatar
Cuervohola
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 pm
I am a fan of: GRIZ, SAINTS
Location: HELENA

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Cuervohola » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

I meant Tickets :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Image

User avatar
Bear Axed
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: missoula

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Bear Axed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:03 pm

As of this morning Both KPAX for the Griz game and Max Media for the kittens One-n-Done game are feeling out advertisers for the possibility of airing this week ends playoff games! :shock:

User avatar
GrizMusician
Starter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:06 pm
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby GrizMusician » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Cuervohola wrote:I meant Tickets :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Whaaaaa?

User avatar
Cuervohola
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 pm
I am a fan of: GRIZ, SAINTS
Location: HELENA

Re: Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Cuervohola » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

GrizMusician wrote:
Cuervohola wrote:I meant Tickets :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Whaaaaa?


MY AZZZ is going to the game if I can get the logistics right...
Image

User avatar
Grizrule#1
4th String
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 pm
I am a fan of: U of M

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Grizrule#1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Bear Axed wrote:As of this morning Both KPAX for the Griz game and Max Media for the kittens One-n-Done game are feeling out advertisers for the possibility of airing this week ends playoff games! :shock:

Where did you get this information? :)

User avatar
grizpsych
Starter
Posts: 2011
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm
I am a fan of: University of Montana
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby grizpsych » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:37 pm

bylarke wrote:For those of you out there wanting to wach the game and worried you can't get it. (Yes I agree they should broadcast it locally in MT) Assuming ESPN doesn't change their minds you can access ESPN 3 from any ISP using remote play. Since every public College and military base has access to ESPN3 you can simply go to the nearest College use their wifi or public computer and create an ESPN3 account. Then sync your account for Remote play. Then go home...hook your computer up to your TV (or don't) login and boom watch the game from the comfort of your home...If you can't get to a campus...or are too lazy..just keep watch and an account with remote play access might just be posted :thumb:


I like your definition of what is legal. :thumb:
Image Image

bylarke
4th String
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:05 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby bylarke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Its legal just a loophole in their system...aside from sharing the U/P lol.

User avatar
TheBud
eGriz Moderator
eGriz Moderator
Posts: 11507
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:35 pm
I am a fan of: The University of Montana
Location: Ferndale (Bellingham), WA

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby TheBud » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 pm

GrizzlyEdd wrote:How would UM like it at the Mansfield Library if 2000 people showed up who are not students to use their computers... hmmmmm the first couple of hundred might they might let pass but me thinks when a couple of thousand started creating parking problems, building capacity problem, etc there would be a quick response to that... just saying... ;)


If they are going to go to that much trouble, they would likely just go to the game and see it live. Just sayin'... ;)
Image

Political correctness: Obsessive attempts to distract attention from substantive discussions by denigrating and scandalizing words and phrases that were previously socially acceptable, fearing that it might offend.

LostGriz
3rd String
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:23 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby LostGriz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:17 pm

I tried this. Problem is, at least at Univ of WY there are separate networks for students and guests. Remote access isn't allowed using the guest network (remote access through ESPN3 website). Thus, you still need a student login/password to set up the remote access. Or, watch the game from somewhere on campus.

User avatar
grizpsych
Starter
Posts: 2011
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm
I am a fan of: University of Montana
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby grizpsych » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

bylarke wrote:Its legal just a loophole in their system...aside from sharing the U/P lol.


LOL! If you are not a student, you are not paying for the service.
Image Image

Umista
Starter
Posts: 2848
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:16 am
I am a fan of: the GRIZ
Location: BC Canada

Re: How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

Postby Umista » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:04 pm

OK
I'll be at the game, watch and leave, but I like to record it to watch again and again.
I'd like to watch msu and New Hampshire on the recording but I can't!
No way I can get it without a child's assistance.
Naw, I still dislike ESPN, thoughtless basturds! Yeah, my spelling, it's the way I see them!
It ain't the money, it's the BS to simply watch the Montana teams play on the tube!



Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS”