• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Joe Glenn coaching n FCS again

billings_poke

Tweets saying he is the new coach at South Dakota.

Are they in the Big Sky now?

I wonder if Breske rejoins his old friend

I hope it's true and I wish him well. He belongs in coaching. Wyoming was a terrible move for him.

I would think South Dakota would really have to pay Breske a chunk more than we do to make that move...

GrizRick said:
I hope it's true and I wish him well. He belongs in coaching. Wyoming was a terrible move for him.

keeping an OC that was not up to FBS coaching level was a terrible move for him at WYo. Joe did some good things while at Wyo and Breske had the D performing at a high level.

Joe is one of the good guys and is loyal to his staff almost to a fault.

hope he does well in South Dakota. Most wyo fans will be rooting for him

grzz said:
I would think South Dakota would really have to pay Breske a chunk more than we do to make that move...

ANYTHING would be a chunk more than what we pay our coaches.....

If I remember right, Joe played his college ball at South Dakota and was the quarterback there. It will be interesting to see what he does for a staff.

m616s6e said:
If I remember right, Joe played his college ball at South Dakota and was the quarterback there. It will be interesting to see what he does for a staff.

all Dakota schools on the rise (NDSU already there!) ..lots talent in midwest-

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2011/12/04/community/doc4edbc0a0a536d447676704.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jh

Rumor going around that Joe offered the D job to Breske with a substantial raise over what we are paying - and would retain Mike's son who was on the staff that was fired at USD.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Breske went somewhere that paid more than we do quicker than Pflu leaving

behappp said:
Rumor going around that Joe offered the D job to Breske with a substantial raise over what we are paying - and would retain Mike's son who was on the staff that was fired at USD.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Breske went somewhere that paid more than we do quicker than Pflu leaving

Not saying the rumor isn't going around, but I find it kind of hard to believe that USD would be able to offer Breske a "substantial raise". Not that UM coaches are paid a ton, relatively. I wonder what Glenn is getting compared to what he made at UM?

I too wouldn't be surprised to see Breske leave, but I would think he would move up in the world, not down.

Would be my guess that Breske and Tye G. are trying to figure out a way to beat uni not whether or not to leave for another coaching job. Wouldn't do much for Mike if uni came in and ran over the top of his defense in a quarter final game. I'm almost certain that uni is his focus. In fact I'm positve! :cool:
Go Griz!!

While I DO like coach Breske-- I wouldn't totally surprise me, or make me that upset IF he did leave.

It wouldn't surprise me because I would think his allegiance would be with Joe, for all of the years of allegiance Joe has paid to him. On top of that, if it is indeed true that they will pay him more, than it would almost be surprising if he DIDN'T take the job.

It wouldn't upset me that much, as it would then open the door for Ty Gregorak to be the D coordinator for our team-- and I think this guy can coach. Sure, he had some issues off the field shortly after he left to UNLV with that staff, but I think he was the most talented coach on THAT staff as well, as i do the same with this staff.

Not saying it would be an automatic hire, but he certainly could fill the role well IMO. BUT, here's to Breske staying, but here's to having Gregorak step up to D cordinator if Breske does leave. :thumb: :cool:

Back