• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A new K prospect?

grizfan1984

I recently read that the Griz are recruiting Harrison Greenberg K from Lake Oswego, OR, they were the 6A state champions in Oregon this year.

I think he's at Western Montana-- pretty sure he got first team all Frontier this year-- if memory serves me correctly.

Guardiangriz said:
I think he's at Western Montana-- pretty sure he got first team all Frontier this year-- if memory serves me correctly.

You are correct. Yim made first team. Scroll to bottom of story.

http://www.frontierconference.com/article/2602.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"yim" was 10/13 on field goals, with a long of 48 (i think). who knows. didn't um have a transfer kicker from there before (hepner?)

argh! said:
"yim" was 10/13 on field goals, with a long of 48 (i think). who knows. didn't um have a transfer kicker from there before (hepner?)

I think, if not mistaken, that Kris Heppner still holds a UMW record for kicking a 57 yard FG.

Yim wanted to walk on with the Griz, but they apparently didn't want him. His dream was to play for Montana. He is a great kicker.

Blue Tears said:
Yim wanted to walk on with the Griz, but they apparently didn't want him. His dream was to play for Montana. He is a great kicker.
Maybe, He still can :thumb:

Bear Axed said:
Blue Tears said:
Maybe, He still can :thumb:
Looks like he is a Junior already. Time flies.

rodmac48 said:
Marcus White from Elk Grove (Pleasant Grove HS), California is another potential kicker (and punter). who wants to come to Montana. This kid has a strong leg having kick 97 touchbacks during his senior year which was the most in the nation. He went 95 out of a hundred on PAT's which was 4th in the nation. He averaged 41.6 yards punting and kicked fourt field goals with a long of 39. Marcus led the State of California in both touchbacks and PAT's. The reasons he didn't kick more field goals is because his team was one of the top prep teams in California and they didn't need to kick many field goals as they generally scored touchdowns. Marcus has a 4.2 GPA (honor classes allow you to elevate your grade point average above a 4.0). His grandfather played for Red Sanders at UCLA and his father played for Jim Socher at UCDavis. Marcus is 6'1" 190 lbs. He has an appointment to West Point as well as an offer from a couple of other schools, but he loves to ski and fish and wants to come to Montana. He has a web site on NCSA. You can also get a look at him on an ESPN televised game at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXhvnqabnL8.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXhvnqabnL8[/youtube]

grizfan1984 said:
I recently read that the Griz are recruiting Harrison Greenberg K from Lake Oswego, OR, they were the 6A state champions in Oregon this year.

According to Rivals, he's being recruited by several BCS teams including Oregon. Tough to see how we get him. Then again, why the hell go to Oregon as a kicker unless you want a career of kicking extra points.

LostGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:

According to Rivals, he's being recruited by several BCS teams including Oregon. Tough to see how we get him. Then again, why the hell go to Oregon as a kicker unless you want a career of kicking extra points.

If you've seen Oregon's current kicker... maybe they're trying to Greenberg signed for the Rose Bowl!!

LostGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:

I think half of the people on here could give a better go at that field goal they missed against usc. Gotta have a great kicker at that level look at alabama they're a good kicker away from winning against lsu not that that matters at all since they are sec teams, (the caa of fbs) and both got into the championship

kemajic said:
Isn't rs frosh Stephan Shaw positioned to be our next great kicker?

Shaw, yes.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on Egriz yet or not, but if it hasn't been: Record setting Kicker and record setting QB Matt Berg has transferred back home to Butte, and will play for Montana Tech.

IntuitiveGriz said:
kemajic said:
Isn't rs frosh Stephan Shaw positioned to be our next great kicker?

Shaw, yes.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on Egriz yet or not, but if it hasn't been: Record setting Kicker and record setting QB Matt Berg has transferred back home to Butte, and will play for Montana Tech.
It has. Shaw may be part of the reason.

Back