Playoff game?

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS


Playoff game?

Postby Griz90 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 am

The opener this week versus Appalachian State sure feels like a playoff game to me. And although it is the season opener the ramifications of this game could well resonate with the FCS playoff committee when it comes time to slot the Grizzlies. A win over a top-ranked team like Appy State could go a long way in helping the Griz land a home game in the FCS playoffs, assuming Montana is in the playoff hunt when the regular season winds down. That's an assumption I'm willing to make. I have the Tahoe gassed up and ready to go for the 621-mile trip to WaGriz. I can't wait to be part of the loudest roar EVER when the Griz make that tunnel run and JJ lines up under center for his first game back as QB. Go GRIZ!
Griz90
eGrizzer
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:36 pm
Location: Sidney 406
I am a fan of: Sidney Eagles

Re: Playoff game?

Postby BadlandsGrizFan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 am

Griz90 wrote:The opener this week versus Appalachian State sure feels like a playoff game to me. And although it is the season opener the ramifications of this game could well resonate with the FCS playoff committee when it comes time to slot the Grizzlies. A win over a top-ranked team like Appy State could go a long way in helping the Griz land a home game in the FCS playoffs, assuming Montana is in the playoff hunt when the regular season winds down. That's an assumption I'm willing to make. I have the Tahoe gassed up and ready to go for the 621-mile trip to WaGriz. I can't wait to be part of the loudest roar EVER when the Griz make that tunnel run and JJ lines up under center for his first game back as QB. Go GRIZ!


I think your correct, it will play a major factor come seasons end. Maybe we should have bought our way out of it like some other team I know of. I hear that's the thing to do with tough games :-D
User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Watford City, ND
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Re: Playoff game?

Postby nzone » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:01 am

These are the type of games we want...............even a competitve loss is better than an over-hyped scrimmage. This will be electric and will define who we are. I love playing App State. Just a lot of fun :clap:
nzone
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: Playoff game?

Postby -MiningCityGriz- » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:01 am

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Griz90 wrote:The opener this week versus Appalachian State sure feels like a playoff game to me. And although it is the season opener the ramifications of this game could well resonate with the FCS playoff committee when it comes time to slot the Grizzlies. A win over a top-ranked team like Appy State could go a long way in helping the Griz land a home game in the FCS playoffs, assuming Montana is in the playoff hunt when the regular season winds down. That's an assumption I'm willing to make. I have the Tahoe gassed up and ready to go for the 621-mile trip to WaGriz. I can't wait to be part of the loudest roar EVER when the Griz make that tunnel run and JJ lines up under center for his first game back as QB. Go GRIZ!


I think your correct, it will play a major factor come seasons end. Maybe we should have bought our way out of it like some other team I know of. I hear that's the thing to do with tough games :-D

:lol:
The pride and tradition of the Montana Grizzlies will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak GO GRIZ!!!

Image
User avatar
-MiningCityGriz-
eGrizzer in Training
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am
Location: Butte Montana
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Sean Nemec » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am

"Playoffs.....Playoffs?!!!!" :shock:
Sean Nemec
eGrizzer in Training
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Spokane Valley

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Htowngriz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:17 am

I'm definitely as excited as I get for playoff games and Griz-cat. Saturday night is too effin far away. :evil:
User avatar
Htowngriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:13 pm

Re: Playoff game?

Postby mtgrizfankb » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 am

Griz Nation. Loud Proud and Maroon.
Image
mtgrizfankb
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Re: Playoff game?

Postby NLGrizFan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 pm


LMFAO!!! I love that speech! HAHAHAHA!!!!
GO GRIZ
User avatar
NLGrizFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 am
Location: All over
I am a fan of: Griz & ( . Y . )

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Ray W » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 pm

You said it. This seasons playoff hope begins or ends saturday night. Win and were in. Lose and we probably on thin ice. Get er done Griz!
User avatar
Ray W
eGriz Newbie
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 pm
I am a fan of: Mont. Griz!

Re: Playoff game?

Postby AllWeatherFan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Ray's last name is WTF.
Good or bad, we think we know
As if thinking makes things so
User avatar
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 7055
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:39 pm

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Bjorn Bjornstein » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:48 pm

"Ray" thanks for not showing us your other trout!

YITB
Pedestrian fan since 1988. One of Brinty's minions.
User avatar
Bjorn Bjornstein
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Playoff game?

Postby BadlandsGrizFan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:56 pm

AllWeatherFan wrote:Ray's last name is WTF.



:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Classic
User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Watford City, ND
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Re: Playoff game?

Postby reinell30 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm

The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!
reinell30
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
I am a fan of: UM

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Grizo406 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 pm

reinell30 wrote:The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!


Are you gonna' have any paracord bracelets in black and yellow for sale at your tailgate?
Image
Image
User avatar
Grizo406
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Missoula, Montana

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Hammer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:00 pm

reinell30 wrote:The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!


Ya we brought 50 jello shots and they were gone in an hour. :lol:
User avatar
Hammer
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 12438
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:54 am
Location: Butte America
I am a fan of: NEZ Sec 130

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Appaholic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Hammer wrote:
reinell30 wrote:The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!


Ya we brought 50 jello shots and they were gone in an hour. :lol:


mmmm....jello shots...mind kickin' a couple to the side for me? I'll pay you when we get there...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
User avatar
Appaholic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Mills River, NC
I am a fan of: App State

Re: Playoff game?

Postby 66volvo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 pm

And then, three weeks later there's...Oklahoma Panhandle State. Fail for the selection committee.
66volvo
eGrizzer
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 pm
I am a fan of: university of montana

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Hammer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Appaholic wrote:
Hammer wrote:
reinell30 wrote:The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!


Ya we brought 50 jello shots and they were gone in an hour. :lol:


mmmm....jello shots...mind kickin' a couple to the side for me? I'll pay you when we get there...


absolutely. Whats your flavor??

No pay, thats just how we roll! :thumb:
User avatar
Hammer
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 12438
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:54 am
Location: Butte America
I am a fan of: NEZ Sec 130

Re: Playoff game?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:48 pm

I know he likes Jager....................
I demand a new Malcolm X movie, where Malcolm X is white.........

AG1 - 14 time eGriz ban victim/champion Image
User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
eGriz Elite
 
Posts: 19826
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:31 pm
Location: Defending the 2nd Amendment
I am a fan of: Kyle Sample

Re: Playoff game?

Postby DoubleNicks » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:51 pm

66volvo wrote:And then, three weeks later there's...Oklahoma Panhandle State. Fail for the selection committee.


Well, at least D-IIs count towards playoff eligibility this year, so it gives a little importance to the glorified scrimmage. 8-)
DoubleNicks
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: Kalispell/Bozo

Re: Playoff game?

Postby Appaholic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Hammer wrote:
Appaholic wrote:
Hammer wrote:
reinell30 wrote:The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!


Ya we brought 50 jello shots and they were gone in an hour. :lol:


mmmm....jello shots...mind kickin' a couple to the side for me? I'll pay you when we get there...


absolutely. Whats your flavor??


yes....
ImageImageImageImageImage
Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
User avatar
Appaholic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Mills River, NC
I am a fan of: App State

Re: Playoff game?

Postby reinell30 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 am

Appaholic wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Appaholic wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Ya we brought 50 jello shots and they were gone in an hour. :lol:


mmmm....jello shots...mind kickin' a couple to the side for me? I'll pay you when we get there...


absolutely. Whats your flavor??


yes....



Appaholic, we will have lots of shots for app state fans at our tailgate. You can't miss us, we will be in the same lot as the App State fans tent. Also, I have carved mascot bears of Monte and Mo in the back of my truck. Try some whiskey from local distillery in Butte and moonshine from distillery in Bigfork.
reinell30
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
I am a fan of: UM

Re: Playoff game?

Postby reinell30 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 am

Grizo406 wrote:
reinell30 wrote:The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!


Are you gonna' have any paracord bracelets in black and yellow for sale at your tailgate?



I can have brian make a few...Yes, I will bring a few...
reinell30
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
I am a fan of: UM

Re: Playoff game?

Postby 62GRIZ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:06 am

Appaholic, actually you'll pay for them on Sunday morning! :P Have a good trip out tomorrow! See you on Saturday.
User avatar
62GRIZ
My PC is stuck on eGriz
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:58 pm
Location: SWAN RANGE EAST OF KALISPELL

Re: Playoff game?

Postby AppAlum1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Griz fans:

If it makes you feel any better, this game IS App State's playoff experience this season.

That is all.
AppAlum1
eGriz Newbie
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:13 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian State


Next

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brewskis, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], gotgame75, Grizzlies1982, Griz!ron, MSNbot Media, mtgrizrule, RayWill, UCLAALUM, UMGriz75 and 58 guests