• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coyle making plays at Seahawks camp already

mtgrizrule said:
Colorado S14 said:
"Linebacker Brock Coyle sniffed out a backside screen, beat his blockers and was there to blow up the play. He also made a one-handed interception during an interception drill for linebackers"

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/07/25/news-notes-and-quotes-day-1-of-training-camp/

SWEET!!! But does this surprise any GRIZ fan? Does not surprise me at all. WTG Brock Coyle. :thumb:

No it doesn't surprise anybody but he'll need that and more stay employed!

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Colorado S14 said:
"Linebacker Brock Coyle sniffed out a backside screen, beat his blockers and was there to blow up the play. He also made a one-handed interception during an interception drill for linebackers"

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/07/25/news-notes-and-quotes-day-1-of-training-camp/

SWEET!!! But does this surprise any GRIZ fan? Does not surprise me at all. WTG Brock Coyle. :thumb:

No it doesn't surprise anybody but he'll need that and more stay employed!

True :thumb:

When Pete Carroll was in Missoula fishing with some of the Griz coaching staff this summer after rookie minicamp they asked him about Coyle and he said "oh you mean Rudy". You don't get nicknames if they don't like you!

Hammer said:
When Pete Carroll was in Missoula fishing with some of the Griz coaching staff this summer after rookie minicamp they asked him about Coyle and he said "oh you mean Rudy". You don't get nicknames if they don't like you!

True. One would just hope Brock gets a little more playing time then the original "Rudy".

Hammer said:

Awesome. Do you know where they went fishing? I guess Seattle's minicamp was held before most stuff was blown out during June.

BornGrizz said:
Hammer said:

Awesome. Do you know where they went fishing? I guess Seattle's minicamp was held before most stuff was blown out during June.

I don't know where they went, probably several places as he was here for a week or so.

Hammer said:

Hopefully that is a positive. I agree that the like him but it could also mean that he is a longshot at making the team

Hammer said:

I don't know Hammer, I call my dog "Shithead" a lot and it doesn't mean I like him...

cclarkblues said:
Hammer said:

I don't know Hammer, I call my dog "Shithead" a lot and it doesn't mean I like him...
Yeah and I threaten to put a bullet between my dogs eyes on a daily basis too :lol:

I bet you do like him! :cool:

Good for him. I love seeing Big Sky represented in the NFL. Especially to the Seahawks. I hope to see some of his games someday.

This is from HawkBlogger, the unofficially offical fan blog of the Seahawks. He does a "Stand Out New Faces" list after each practice. The following was in yesterday's (7/27) practice report:

LB Brock Coyle
Some guys play better in pads. Coyle appears to be one of those guys. The undrafted free agent linebacker was not bad in the previous two practices, but had more than one thumping hits today.

As a Hawk and Griz fan, I'd love nothing more than to see Coyle make the team, but realistically he has a long road ahead. The Hawks are fairly stacked at LB. Practice squad might be a good goal for Coyle, at least this year (and assuming that if the Hawks do try to assign him to the practice squad that some other team doesn't sign him first).

Continually under-rated and over-looked until show time.
Before Pro-Day, the experts ranked him way back. After Pro-Day among the fastest and best in the nation at that position (a 4.6 40 and the other stats speak for themselves).
With experience in multiple linebacker positions and special teams the view is one of opportunity. Long roads are what the journey is about.
They did not fly him up there and actively recruit him while the draft was still going if they did not see an opportunity.
Go Brock and all the over-looked who will end up making and maybe even standing out in the NFL!

Zach Whitman ‏@Cablinasian 2m
Ken Norton, Jr. on Brock Coyle: “He’s ready for it,” Norton said. “It’s amazing, he had a fantastic practice... he’s been really studying.”

grizindabox said:
Zach Whitman ‏@Cablinasian 2m
Ken Norton, Jr. on Brock Coyle: “He’s ready for it,” Norton said. “It’s amazing, he had a fantastic practice... he’s been really studying.”

WOW, now that is from someone that knows about as much as anyone about Linebacker play. Quite an endorsement. :thumb:

Back