• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Game Stats

PlayerRep

Backers had alot of tackles. Kose-16, Van Ack - 13 and Gamboa - 11.

One 3 and outs were the first 3 series of games and 1 in the 3d, and then the 4 and out at the end. 2 four play "drives" too, not including the quick score.

48 plays to 79. Average per plays 5.3 to 5.8. Obviously helped by the long pass.

3d down conversions: 3 of 13 to 7 of 15.

No sacks by either team.

Penalties: 3 - 6

TOP: 20:54 to 39:06.

TOP is probably the most damaging stat imo. Sacks is surprising considering all we heard all week was how weak both o-lines were, and how strong the d-lines were.

It is amazing that the defense was able to hold up as well as it did, with the play numbers and TOP. And the UM first score was a 41 second drive.

ordigger said:
TOP is probably the most damaging stat imo. Sacks is surprising considering all we heard all week was how weak both o-lines were, and how strong the d-lines were.

The Griz would have had a couple, but for those underhand passes. Griz didn't bring much heat, altho saw at least one blitz late in the game.

ordigger said:

TOP allowed the the Bison to stick with their game plan. Even with just scoring FGs, the game stayed within their hands. They controlled the game from start to finish. I doubt that NDSU ever thought that the game was not in control. You have to give them credit. They impose their will as good as anybody.

CV Griz Fan said:
ordigger said:

TOP allowed the the Bison to stick with their game plan. Even with just scoring FGs, the game stayed within their hands. They controlled the game from start to finish. I doubt that NDSU ever thought that the game was not in control. You have to give them credit. They impose their will as good as anybody.

We used to do that. Man do I ever miss having confidence in the GRIZ every game. I had that confidence every game under Hauck, and 1/2 way through Pflu's 2nd season. I honestly don't care what kind of offense or defense we play. I just want to have a GRIZ team that is amongst the best at whatever type of team they are. We don't have it here under this staff.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:

The Griz would have had a couple, but for those underhand passes. Griz didn't bring much heat, altho saw at least one blitz late in the game.

On third down the Bison stacked the box and hammered us. When the Griz were on defense for 3rd down the coverage went soft and the Bison gashed us. The DC is too reliant on Wags to just do everything and be the man.. most of the time he's got a couple guys on him.. gotta bring more than four guys on 3rd down because our 3rd down stops this year have been pretty awful.

mtgrizrule said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ordigger said:

We used to do that. Man do I ever miss having confidence in the GRIZ every game. I had that confidence every game under Hauck, and 1/2 way through Pflu's 2nd season. I honestly don't care what kind of offense or defense we play. I just want to have a GRIZ team that is amongst the best at whatever type of team they are. We don't have it here under this staff.

And we won't have it again until this staff is gone and we get a guy in here that wants to dominate.

Back