• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Moving On

PDXGrizzly

DONOR
I know it's hard not to dwell on the what ifs after a loss. Regardless of how well or how poorly the Griz played, there is a new opponent that is coming to WaGriz on Saturday. Here's to Homecoming being a better game than today!

PDXGrizzly said:
I know it's hard not to dwell on the what ifs after a loss. Regardless of how well or how poorly the Griz played, there is a new opponent that is coming to WaGriz on Saturday. Here's to Homecoming being a better game than today!

Good point. This team could win 7 of the next 8 games.....

CV Griz Fan said:
PDXGrizzly said:

Good point. This team could win 7 of the next 8 games.....

or - they could win 8 straight :D

Looking ahead, the Griz play 3 games that they should win easily, the last 5 games on the schedule could all be very tough, although SUU has not won a game yet this season. If we left Fargo with no major injuries after a rough game like that and playing them closely, we should be able to actually leave the game with some momentum. In the next 3 games, the Griz should average about 40 points a game and then we will all be moved on from our complaining about the offense. Good times are ahead!! Go Griz!!

This team is 2-2. Right where we thought they'd be. Granted, we're a few plays from being 4-0, but it is what it is.

Can't wait to be 9-2 going into the Griz/Scat game.

AZGrizFan said:
This team is 2-2. Right where we thought they'd be. Granted, we're a few plays from being 4-0, but it is what it is.

Me too.

Two more losses...sweating an invite...
Hopefully just one, but I can see laying an egg somewhere along the way...

AZGrizFan said:

USD was closer to beating you, than you were to beating NDSU, IMO. Also, you won't beat EWU in Cheney unless VA gets hurt.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

USD was closer to beating you, than you were to beating NDSU, IMO. Also, you won't beat EWU in Cheney unless VA gets hurt.

Not quite sure how you figure that first sentence....but,

I'm gonna bet we don't give up 52 to the beagles. :lol:

I like your optimism for finishing the season strong, and making the playoffs. But I am not happy with just making the playoffs. That is not a goal we should be settling on. We used to have an annual goal of winning the National Championship. You never hear any fan utter those words any longer. Are making the playoffs the new standard?

I think I know why many of you feel this way. We stumbled badly against a very weak Wyoming team. We did not look very sharp in beating a very average South Dakota team who had two of their four starting defensive linemen out for the game from an already poor defense. And then there is the NDSU game. It should be noted that we can beat the run of the mill teams. But can we beat a quality opponent? Can we go deep into the playoffs? Based on our showing against a very average Coastal Carolina team last year, I wonder.

Monte, let me ask you an honest question. What effect do you think it has on the outcome of the season if a few fans on a message board's goal is "to make the playoffs"? Do you HONESTLY beleive in your mind that goal would affect the football team or the outcome of the next eight games? Do you really believe that? Because if you do, you're living in an alternate universe. My goal is that the Cats LOSE every game for here on out. Does that mean they will? NO!.

If you think the football team and its coaching staff (you know, the people who actually PLAY the games and have a direct effect on the outcome of those games) are just "satisfied with making the playoffs" You have no clue what you're talking about. As for us fans, whatever our "goals" are, they don't mean squat when it comes to the actual game played on the field.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

And why would your opinion about anything Griz matter? Except that you are consistently wrong. Now if you start talking the Griz up, I will start worrying. :lol:

havgrizfan said:
Monte, let me ask you an honest question. What effect do you think it has on the outcome of the season if a few fans on a message board's goal is "to make the playoffs"? Do you HONESTLY beleive in your mind that goal would affect the football team or the outcome of the next eight games? Do you really believe that? Because if you do, you're living in an alternate universe. My goal is that the Cats LOSE every game for here on out. Does that mean they will? NO!.

If you think the football team and its coaching staff (you know, the people who actually PLAY the games and have a direct effect on the outcome of those games) are just "satisfied with making the playoffs" You have no clue what you're talking about. As for us fans, whatever our "goals" are, they don't mean squat when it comes to the actual game played on the field.

I don't care what fans think, but the apathy that comes from being satisfied with getting 75% home, instead of getting all the way home bothers me a lot. I see the fan base's expectations lowering every year now for quite some time. It does not reflect the expectations we had for many years. Heck, we expected to win the Big Sky every year, and opposing coaches expected us to win it too, based upon the pre-season coaches poll. Now, they pick us second or third most years. It that acceptable to Griz fans? Don't forget, we got to at least the semi-finals many many times during our run, and played in five NC games. And the FCS was much tougher in those days. Many of the better teams have moved up to FCS now. So it should be easier to get there, right? I think you get my point!

monte is a character said:
havgrizfan said:

I don't care what fans think, but the apathy that comes from being satisfied with getting 75% home, instead of getting all the way home bothers me a lot. I see the fan base's expectations lowering every year now for quite some time. It does not reflect the expectations we had for many years. Heck, we expected to win the Big Sky every year, and opposing coaches expected us to win it too, based upon the pre-season coaches poll. Now, they pick us second or third most years. It that acceptable to Griz fans? Don't forget, we got to at least the semi-finals many many times during our run, and played in five NC games. And the FCS was much tougher in those days. Many of the better teams have moved up to FCS now. So it should be easier to get there, right? I think you get my point!

Seven. NC games.

We stumbled badly against a very weak Wyoming team. We did not look very sharp in beating a very average South Dakota team who had two of their four starting defensive linemen out for the game from an already poor defense. And then there is the NDSU game. It should be noted that we can beat the run of the mill teams. But can we beat a quality opponent? Can we go deep into the playoffs? Based on our showing against a very average Coastal Carolina team last year, I wonder.
"Very weak" Wyoming is 3-1 with their only loss to Oregon. "Very average" USD, 2-2 with losses to Oregon and Montana, had little trouble with ranked NAU. NDSU is undeniably the best; they scored one TD against us.

Otherwise, I, too, wonder.....Any deep run in the playoffs goes through Fargo and we have real data as to how that goes.

kemajic said:
We stumbled badly against a very weak Wyoming team. We did not look very sharp in beating a very average South Dakota team who had two of their four starting defensive linemen out for the game from an already poor defense. And then there is the NDSU game. It should be noted that we can beat the run of the mill teams. But can we beat a quality opponent? Can we go deep into the playoffs? Based on our showing against a very average Coastal Carolina team last year, I wonder.
"Very weak" Wyoming is 3-1 with their only loss to Oregon. "Very average" USD, 2-2 with losses to Oregon and Montana, had little trouble with ranked NAU. NDSU is undeniably the best; they scored one TD against us.

Otherwise, I, too, wonder.....Any deep run in the playoffs goes through Fargo and we have real data as to how that goes.

Kem, why do you bother. This tool is a fan of the JC in bozo town. Don't even reply to any of his posts.

Latest posts

Back