• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sims

your wrong

DONOR
In my opinion he is a kid we can't miss on. When I look back on pure athletes from and in Montana very few make the grade in athletic ability to be impactful on Sunday's. Jesse is one of the kids we have to get. I look at kids that are multi sport as the real deal Winston pitches, graham dunked. Sims is a beast on the court and probably could play basketball at any school in Montana. We would be very fortunate to pick him up. That is all.

your wrong said:
In my opinion he is a kid we can't miss on. When I look back on pure athletes from and in Montana very few make the grade in athletic ability to be impactful on Sunday's. Jesse is one of the kids we have to get. I look at kids that are multi sport as the real deal Winston pitches, graham dunked. Sims is a beast on the court and probably could play basketball at any school in Montana. We would be very fortunate to pick him up. That is all.

Don't know if I'd say any prospect is "One of the kids we HAVE to get". Though I fully agree, I too hope Mr. Sims chooses to attend Montana.

Personally I've never seen him play football. Though I have watched him play basketball and was very impressed with his natural athletic ability. Based on that I'd say he'll be a real asset on the football field. In the end, hope he chooses Good (UM) vs Evil (MSU). :ugeek:

Rather then a MSU vs. UM decision, it sounds like it is a decision between being a DE vs. a TE(or inside receiver...whatever you want to call it).

your wrong said:
Mark Gilman 2.0

it would be nice to get him, but it's not the end of the world as we know it if not. we scored three of the top four players from our great state. sandry is no slouch either. t.e. and d.e. aren't huge areas of need. we don't need to get guys just because that other school wants them. is he even visiting m.s.u. this weekend?

I would say that Jesse is one of the most athletic people I have had the pleasure of watching over the last 12 years in the Bitterroot, in all of class A football for that matter.
My biggest issue with everyone getting all excited about Jesse's potential and saying he will be the next big thing for the Griz, is that he is unproven at the class A Montana highschool level.
Meaning: I watched him play several times against what I would consider low level Montana talent and I never saw him dominate his man for an entire game. Infact a lot of time I felt he was beaten by the man across from him. Now, I know that he has a lot of potential and with the right coaching the kid could be something special, but lets not get ahead of ourselves on this one. I would say that athletically Holden Ryan and Jesse are very similar the key differance for me is Holden Dominated the Class A for 3 years and was a force to be reckoned with.
I am not in any way trying bag on Jesse or say that I dont want him as a Griz, what I am saying is if you look at guys like Wags, Kroy etc. They werent the fastest or the strongest coming out of high school and look what they did. Lets not set Jesse up for failure just because in our minds hes got it, and for crying out loud lets stop with the Sims threads until after he has signed. We look desperate which we are not. Go Griz!
PS Jesse Is a great kid and for that reason I hope we see in maroon and silver.

zeezrom said:
I would say that Jesse is one of the most athletic people I have had the pleasure of watching over the last 12 years in the Bitterroot, in all of class A football for that matter.
My biggest issue with everyone getting all excited about Jesse's potential and saying he will be the next big thing for the Griz, is that he is unproven at the class A Montana highschool level.
Meaning: I watched him play several times against what I would consider low level Montana talent and I never saw him dominate his man for an entire game. Infact a lot of time I felt he was beaten by the man across from him. Now, I know that he has a lot of potential and with the right coaching the kid could be something special, but lets not get ahead of ourselves on this one. I would say that athletically Holden Ryan and Jesse are very similar the key differance for me is Holden Dominated the Class A for 3 years and was a force to be reckoned with.
I am not in any way trying bag on Jesse or say that I dont want him as a Griz, what I am saying is if you look at guys like Wags, Kroy etc. They werent the fastest or the strongest coming out of high school and look what they did. Lets not set Jesse up for failure just because in our minds hes got it, and for crying out loud lets stop with the Sims threads until after he has signed. We look desperate which we are not. Go Griz!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

zeezrom said:

Very well said and a great kid he is. Wherever he goes he will do good things on and off the field.

I heard him say he has narrowed his choices to the Griz and the Cats. He is not considering any other schools at this point.

I've also watched him play since he started as a kid. He dominated from "little league" football into Middle School. In High School, he often played like he was bored, but it looked like any time he wanted, he could and would dominate the opponent. The kid (full grown man) is a beast and an incredible person, and it would be great to have him become a Griz. But, I also wish him well where ever he choses!

A quick visit with one of his basketball team's parents, I was told he really enjoyed the MSU experience and mentioned 80 other kids were attending. I assume they were also cat players. My friend knows I am a solid Griz and she felt he might be leaning toward msu. That said her husband mentioned it would be hard to be on the other side of his sister.

Ty is looking at him with an eye on defense....so who knows?

zeezrom said:
I would say that Jesse is one of the most athletic people I have had the pleasure of watching over the last 12 years in the Bitterroot, in all of class A football for that matter. My biggest issue with everyone getting all excited about Jesse's potential and saying he will be the next big thing for the Griz, is that he is unproven at the class A Montana highschool level.
The "stats" of these kids as 17 year olds isn't quite meaningless, but its close. That's an age where so many changes are occurring, physically and mentally, that what they do at 17 is a poor predictor of what they will do at age 20. The "mental" part of it, that's more significant.

grizpack said:
zeezrom said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back