• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Do coaches help cut players find new schools?

farawaygriz

The Griz just cut 15 footballs players after Spring ball, do these players get support finding a new school to play at?

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-trim-roster-cut-from-spring/article_b3bb53aa-c34c-5cb8-9e2f-1bc50c7a4241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The biggest surprise to me is Marque Rogers. Then again, he's been injured a lot, and apparently his heart and desire to play college basketball. Cutting the WR's down is a good sign for the incoming WR recruits.

Yes, coaches can help the cut players find new schools to play for. I am sure the MT kids will likely xfr to Frontier schools. Riley Neville is already on a track scholarship, so his status at the school will not change. I feel for players who transferred in a hope to play for the GRIZ.

Cuts at any level of athletics is never easy, and the worse part of coaching. I do hope many of these players find scholarships elsewhere. I know Tinkle helped a few of his players who left find scholarships elsewhere.

Bisonation said:
15 is a lot, wow you really don't see cuts in D1 football like this.

Mostly walk-ons. Not surprising, considering that most were wide receivers, and Coach Stitt is high on his incoming freshman receivers and expects some of them to contribute right away.

Feel bad for all the kids, that is the nature of sport. Really too bad about Riley Kack, who looked like he might be a gamer at FB and Carver who's older brother was a nice player for the GRIZ.

Some of these guys who are staying enrolled might get back on the roster when the team can expand back to 105 in the fall. They might get picked back up for Practice squad or replacements for injured guys and etc. I think the roster is down to 78 now and will be around 95 in summer. I'm glad Coach Stitt made the tough decisions to get the guys he wants.

Back