• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz bars in Seattle

SouthDakotaGrizzly

Gonna be in Seattle next weekend with the family for the Seahawks-Steelers game. Would like to find a family-friendly establishment where we can watch the Griz-Jacks game on Saturday. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
Gonna be in Seattle next weekend with the family for the Seahawks-Steelers game. Would like to find a family-friendly establishment where we can watch the Griz-Jacks game on Saturday. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately, SDG, I'm not aware of any family friendly Griz bars in the area. WA laws are pretty restrictive about minors.

EverettGriz said:
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:

Unfortunately, SDG, I'm not aware of any family friendly Griz bars in the area. WA laws are pretty restrictive about minors.

Even in the early afternoon? Lame. Well, what are the odds that a place like Buffalo Wild Wings (or a similar restaurant) will have it on?

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:

Even in the early afternoon? Lame. Well, what are the odds that a place like Buffalo Wild Wings (or a similar restaurant) will have it on?

Probably not good UNLESS it's on GamePlan. If it's just ESPN3 (internet), you won't likely get it at a restaurant. You can certainly call Pub 85 (the Griz bar in Kirkland) to see if they would allow minors that day ((425) 576-8640), but I kind of doubt it.

If it's ESPN3, your best option might actually be your hotel if you have access to a Google Chrome or other device that can stream from the internet to the TV.

If it's on GamePlan, hopefully a place like BWW that allows kids would have access.

O'Blarney's in Olympia is about 45-60 minutes south of Seattle. But we will have a good family friendly crowd in the restaurant section. You are welcome to join us! There is often one other family there too. There are usually 10-15 Griz. (Last week 50!)

The Ram at University Village always put the game on for me. It is a Husky bar though. If its only available by streaming they wont have it.

CamCam79 said:
The Ram at University Village always put the game on for me. It is a Husky bar though. If its only available by streaming they wont have it.

No conflicts this Saturday though as the Apple Cup is Friday. And...the game is on ESPN College Extra (see TELEVISION thread).

Yes, SDG, as 71 points out, the game will be broadcast on ESPN College Extra. Call around to restaurants to see if they have (pay) for that service/coverage. If they do, you should be golden.

Good luck, have a good weekend in the Grey City, and GO GRIZ!!!

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:

It's true, the laws are crazy and some people working in bars are crazier. I left my wallet in a bar in Kirkland after a Griz/Cat sat party. Went back the next day to get it with my infant in my arms. I walk in and the woman behind the bar YELLS at me, "No minors!" I walked up to her, asked for my wallet and suggested she'd rather I leave the baby in my effing car? No, she says. I'm like, lighten the hell up. And don't worry, I won't be spending any money here after those theatrics. I haven't been back. I'll be flying in from AZ on Sat or I'd invite you to my house. I'll be at the Steelers game on Sunday! Woohoo!

GrizGuy said:
It's true, the laws are crazy and some people working in bars are crazier. I left my wallet in a bar in Kirkland after a Griz/Cat sat party. Went back the next day to get it with my infant in my arms. I walk in and the woman behind the bar YELLS at me, "No minors!" I walked up to her, asked for my wallet and suggested she'd rather I leave the baby in my effing car? No, she says. I'm like, lighten the hell up. And don't worry, I won't be spending any money here after those theatrics. I haven't been back. I'll be flying in from AZ on Sat or I'd invite you to my house. I'll be at the Steelers game on Sunday! Woohoo!

I guess I really don't know the South Dakota laws on bars because I don't go to them very often anymore, but I do spend a fair bit of time at micro breweries and the ones around here allow kids at all hours, hence my surprise. Every state is different, though. Anyway, if worse comes to worse, I suppose we can watch the Griz game on my phone or Ipad. Go Griz and Go Hawks!!!

Just got this email from the alumni association http://montana.imodules.com/controls/email_marketing/admin/email_marketing_email_viewer.aspx?sid=1731&eiid=346&seiid=197&usearchive=1&puid=28344351-34af-40c3-a1b0-152e5e47b2f2

Back