• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

12500???

Hrmmmmmmm.....

What gives? What was the CC game final attendance? How about last years USD?

Coastal game was colder than snot (not supposed to be THAT cold this weekend) and USD obviously was expected to be (and was) a pushover so I could see lower attendance to both of those games but it just may be a barn burner this weekend. Need all the help we can get.

Furthermore, Won't crappy attendance affect/effect how we bid in years to come? Would hate to start losing out to other schools if it comes down to the $.

fanofzoo said:
Should sell tickets for $10 a pop, make announcement.
The NCAA sets the ticket prices. They are known for their competence with regards to FCS.

signedbewildered said:
Furthermore, Won't crappy attendance affect/effect how we bid in years to come? Would hate to start losing out to other schools if it comes down to the $.
Yes.

They will never announce a number that low irrespective of how many butts are in the seats.

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:
The NCAA sets the ticket prices. They are known for their competence with regards to FCS.
Really? I was always under the impression the ticket price was part of the bid process submitted by each school.

signedbewildered said:
Hrmmmmmmm.....

Coastal game was colder than snot (not supposed to be THAT cold this weekend) and USD obviously was expected to be (and was) a pushover so I could see lower attendance to both of those games but it just may be a barn burner this weekend. Need all the help we can get.
The bad roads and large number of accidents throughout the state this week probably play a bigger role than the forecast gametime temperature. Many fans have to cross the passes.

The game is worth the effort; come on folks; really good seats should be available for $35 since it appears many season ticket holders have not actioned on their seats..

Checked flights last night. About $2,000 in airfare, plus lodging, plus game tickets, to get my brood to this one. It just doesn't pencil this time around. I should've planned it earlier, but I didn't know if we'd be in!

If I remember correctly, the ticket price can be no lower than the lowest regular season reserved seat price -- and that would be $35.

Attendance for the last few opening playoff games at WA-Griz

2014 -- 14,018 vs San Diego - W 52-14
2013 -- 17,345 vs Coastal Carolina - L 42-35

2014 attendance was due to the major winter storm that hit the same weekend.
2013 was most likely due to the cold, but at that point was one of the lowest first-round attendance games.

Before 2013, we usually had a bye during the Thanksgiving weekend. Attendance always goes back up after this weekend.

Got it...I guess that makes sense. The ncaa doesn't Jack up the price, but they restrict schools from selling below regular season market value.

I really dislike the ncaa.....

'68griz said:
If I remember correctly, the ticket price can be no lower than the lowest regular season reserved seat price -- and that would be $35.

You are correct. Then there are places like UNI that are only charging $10 because that's as low as their tickets have been sold this season.

signedbewildered said:

Against CC the attendance was 17,345
Against San Diego (Non-Scholarship team) it was 14,018

Hope the numbers end up closer to the CC attendance than the San Diego attendance...

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72555#p1114077

I think the NCAA rule ignores the principle of price elasticity.

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:

Coastal Carolina tickets for the game this weekend were $15.. as usual, Montana is paying for everyone else's playoff experience.

Potomac Griz said:
signedbewildered said:

Against CC the attendance was 17,345
Against San Diego (Non-Scholarship team) it was 14,018

Hope the numbers end up closer to the CC attendance than the San Diego attendance...

There was definitely not 17K in the stands for Coastal.. maybe about 10K.

wbtfg said:
Got it...I guess th6at makes sense. The ncaa doesn't Jack up the price, but the restrict schools from selling below regular season market value.

I really dislike the ncaa.....

maybe you should dislike the UM athletic department ticket pricing model....

MrTitleist said:
kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:

Coastal Carolina tickets for the game this weekend were $15.. as usual, Montana is paying for everyone else's playoff experience.

Exactly right. Just like the BSC, but on a macro level. The BSC and FCS need the Griz more than the Griz need them.

Back