• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

COOL BACKSTORY

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
You gotta love this quote:

Stitt highlighted Louie-McGee, though, in his analysis of the (Z) position.

"Jerry Louie-McGee is a guy who came out of nowhere. I feel better about him at that Z position going into the season than maybe I've ever felt about a guy," Stitt said.

COOL BACKSTORY:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/02/27/brothers-tackle-football-dreams-while-keeping-their-medicine-close-153773

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/12/22/schimmels-football-louie-mcgee-boys-now-look-make-it-big-college-field-162860

Love love love everything about this.

Does anyone else remember this....when JLM joined the team (as I believe a walk on) just last year, someone who was familiar with him (may have even been a family member) said "just wait Griz Nation...this kid is going to shock you with his abilities. Remember the name Jerry Louie McGee."

I have always remembered that and kept hoping this kid was the real deal....it sounds like he is, regardless of what he does in a Griz uniform. I will root for a kid like this all day, every day. Go get me JLM!!

Read both stories, and these dudes are why athletics are a joy to watch. I was pulling for him already, this just makes it all the sweeter.

Paytonlives said:
Read both stories, and these dudes are why athletics are a joy to watch. I was pulling for him already, this just makes it all the sweeter.
DITTO ... with bells on. :thumb:

They've already made themselves positive role models with what they've accomplished. Here's hoping they can add even more to their resumes.

HookedonGriz said:

Does anyone else remember this....when JLM joined the team (as I believe a walk on) just last year, someone who was familiar with him (may have even been a family member) said "just wait Griz Nation...this kid is going to shock you with his abilities. Remember the name Jerry Louie McGee."

I have always remembered that and kept hoping this kid was the real deal....it sounds like he is, regardless of what he does in a Griz uniform. I will root for a kid like this all day, every day. Go get me JLM!!

You remembered correctly:

Re: Rumor has it......
Postby JLMsdad » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm

You guys will not be disappointed with JLM. I can guarantee you that. He's up to 178 lbs and is ready to go. I have coached for 25 years and have never, I mean ever, seen a kid like him. He will make Grizz nation proud.

Excited to see what he can do.

bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

You remembered correctly:

Re: Rumor has it......
Postby JLMsdad » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm

You guys will not be disappointed with JLM. I can guarantee you that. He's up to 178 lbs and is ready to go. I have coached for 25 years and have never, I mean ever, seen a kid like him. He will make Grizz nation proud.

Excited to see what he can do.

#BOOM Thanks for finding that. His pops told us so and I'm cool with that!

Say him play over in CDA a few times. Was like he was a league above everyone else. What really impressed was his ability to make guys miss on the first tackle attempt then explode up field for YAC

This guy amps me up more than anyone else on this year's team. That's not a slight on the rest of the guys; I'm just rooting for JLM a touch more.

That's a great story and both those you men sound like upstanding humble people that can make others around them better because of who they are! Louie-MCGee parents, you should be very proud! I wish these youn men the best of luck. More so Jerry, being he's a Griz!!

Totally agree. I can't wait to watch the kid play. I don't want to jinx him, but I think he will bring back memories of Levander Segars.

UM has had Tuff Harris (Crow) and Levi Horn (Cheyenne) with Native American heritage make the NFL. Are there any others?

Back