• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Injury report?

It doesn't sound like JLM will be back. I'm betting he suits up but I doubt he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
It doesn't sound like JLM will be back. I'm betting he suits up but I doubt he plays.

The emergence of Homan as a very good backup at the Z position should allow the coaches not to rush JLM back. Homan needs to be on the field so it will be interesting to see if he moves back to the outside once JLM returns. Caleb Lyons is also a very capable backup at the Z, but not quite as dynamic as the first two. We have no shortage of talent at all receiver positions overall, just lacking a bit of experience.

I have a paper cut on my right hand thumb. Hopefully this won't hinder my pregame BBQing and beer drinking.

Bertram said:
I have a paper cut on my right hand thumb. Hopefully this won't hinder my pregame BBQing and beer drinking.
Ice it up tonight, hit it with a hot pad before you hit the tailgate, then just wrap it up good. Should be set.

brewskis said:
Yeah. I'm curious what "banged up" entailed but it was clear to me that with his early workload he'd be sidelined quickly, and he should be back vs Eastern.

Bertram said:

As long as you stay healthy enough to keep the full game youtube replays up and running...

skizm_ said:
brewskis said:
Yeah. I'm curious what "banged up" entailed but it was clear to me that with his early workload he'd be sidelined quickly, and he should be back vs Eastern.

Been confirmed it was a meniscus tear in his knee

RayWill said:
skizm_ said:
brewskis said:

I am hoping the staff is looking big picture and will sit JLM again. I get the impression he can't give less than 100% every play, on that turf at NAU it is too big of a risk. Also, I have been impressed with Homan so I don't see the emergency rush for this game.

go96griz said:
brewskis said:

The emergence of Homan as a very good backup at the Z position should allow the coaches not to rush JLM back. Homan needs to be on the field so it will be interesting to see if he moves back to the outside once JLM returns. Caleb Lyons is also a very capable backup at the Z, but not quite as dynamic as the first two. We have no shortage of talent at all receiver positions overall, just lacking a bit of experience.

I like this post by go96griz,,,it kind of speaks to our over all team depth as well.....I really believe lyons best is yet to be and you can kind of see that in his play of late....

grizd said:
RayWill said:
skizm_ said:
brewskis said:

I am hoping the staff is looking big picture and will sit JLM again. I get the impression he can't give less than 100% every play, on that turf at NAU it is too big of a risk. Also, I have been impressed with Homan so I don't see the emergency rush for this game.
Id be really surprised if he played this weekend. I bet he dresses and warms up but never takes a hit.

This staff is VERY smart about how they handle player health and injuries. If JLM sees the field, he's in good shape and is 100% game ready.

Grizzlies1982 said:
I'm a bit stiff but ready to go if called upon.

Hmmm . . .That's not what your wife told me!

I'm sorry 1982, I couldn't resist that. I'm a horrible person! Please forgive me!

Ursa Major said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
I'm a bit stiff but ready to go if called upon.

Hmmm . . .That's not what your wife told me!

I'm sorry 1982, I couldn't resist that. I'm a horrible person! Please forgive me!

So did she say he's not stiff, or not ready to go?

Richard Cranium said:
SoldierGriz said:
Coaches told me - no injuries. Whole team is healthy and ready to kick ass.

Griz are coming to Flagstaff to chew bubble gum and kick ass and they just ran outta bubble gum!

:lol: :lol:

brewskis said:
Id be really surprised if he played this weekend. I bet he dresses and warms up but never takes a hit.

This staff is VERY smart about how they handle player health and injuries. If JLM sees the field, he's in good shape and is 100% game ready.

If he is not playing, he won't make the trip.

Stitt should be happy now that Calhoun is injured, he won't get criticized for running Nguyen all the dam time!
I hope Calhoun is ok, the Griz TEAM needs him!
What is Stitt's obsession with Nguyen?

Back