• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transfers Impact

Diesel

2015 transfers

M. Sanders CB- 25 tackles and 7 passes broken-up in 2016
E. Williams P- was starting punter in 2016
D. Bedell DE- 6 tackles and 2 for loss of yardage in 2016
M. McLaughlin WR-played in 3 games had 7 catches in 2016

Sanders and Williams had the most impact in 2016

2016 transfers

J. Strong S- third leading tackler in 2016
L. Taylor WR- played in 6 games with one catch and some good blocking in 2016
K. Alexander DB- 10 tackles 1 fumble recovery in 2016
R. Phillips- played in 4 games with 15 pass attempts, third string QB in 2016
J. Banks LB- sixth leading tackler in 2016
C. McCombs RB- 1 special teams tackle in 2016
B. Davidson DT- played in all eleven games 32 tackles in 2016
M. McKeeOsibodu DT- played in eight games 11 tackles in 2016
L. Hovey WR- 102 yards receiving in 2016

Strong, Banks, and Davidson had the most impact in 2016, Homan WR had 456 yards but is no longer on team.

These are the returning transfers with the four who committed thus far in 2017.

2017 transfers

C. Hill QB
C.Favoroso DE
D. Gilroy DE
D. Shaw DT

Who will have a significant impact in 2017?

Shaw and Favorosa will have impact and play plenty right away. Hill, if he gets the starting job, better have a ton of impact or going to be another long year.

Hopefully Markell Sanders has a big year. If he can cover 1 on 1 that would have a yuuuge impact.

M. Sanders is going into offseason as the number one CB, showed his abilities last year. Liked a lot of his play last year, just tends to showboat a little too much. He was hung out on a island too much last year, hope he gets more safety help next year.
The DT and DE transfers may be explosive next year.
Strong and Banks should be good leaders on the defense.

McCombs wasn't eligible, so if you're getting your stats off GG, take those with a dram of something. Heard good things about him from last spring/fall, so hopefully that continues. Strong & Homan were solid pickups, though injuries were issues for both. Had Kidder stayed inside, I think Davidson would have been even more valuable.

I think 2017 needs to be the year of the Redshirt Stitt recruit.

There might be 10-12 starters in the three years of transfers.

I agree with Bgbigdog about the redshirt freshmen especially WRs and OL.

Shaw, Davidson, and Longoria are a nice rotation of beef on the DL.

The key at this level is opportunistic transfers. Core is from recruiting, but drop downs to fill in gaps due to recruiting, injury, or players leaving. Agree that this is a big RS frosh year as far as depth and possible difference makers. Still need a CB and maybe RB via the drop down route imo.

If our CBs are ever graced with the presence of a safety or even two that know anything what so ever about the game of football....they may have better stats.

Does anyone know when Hill is to show up in Missoula? It would be great to see him working out with some receivers before spring ball.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Does anyone know when Hill is to show up in Missoula? It would be great to see him working out with some receivers before spring ball.

I thought I read he was in Missoula now...but can't remember where honestly.

Great article and short videos with coach talking on the three junior college transfers:

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2016/12/14/football-griz-add-trio-of-jc-standouts-to-incoming-class-of-2017.aspx

AZDoc said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

I thought I read he was in Missoula now...but can't remember where honestly.

He is in Missoula

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ThrillHill_2/status/816404789609304064[/tweet]

Caleb Hill comes from a JC that places a lot of kids, at all positions, in 4-year schools: Before Hill (Montana), the previous two QBs' went to Texas A&M and Univ of Texas.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BLINNFBRECRUIT/status/818578963756789761[/tweet]

IntuitiveGriz said:
Great article and short videos with coach talking on the three junior college transfers:

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2016/12/14/football-griz-add-trio-of-jc-standouts-to-incoming-class-of-2017.aspx

Quote from Hill....

"I'm really looking forward to getting up there, getting to work and learning everything," said Hill, who feels like he will fit right in with Montana's offensive system.

"The offense at Montana is very similar to Blinn's. I mean, it's not even funny how similar the two offenses are. Here at Blinn, the quarterback can make the calls, the blocking, everything, and I was able to succeed."

Back