• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho...always good for a laugh

Maybe you could underline the funny parts. They escaped me. It's a flagship University trying to support its academic mission and still field a reasonable football team without breaking the bank. It's funny because it's difficult :?:

srgrizizen said:
Maybe you could underline the funny parts. They escaped me. It's a flagship University trying to support its academic mission and still field a reasonable football team without breaking the bank. It's funny because it's difficult :?:
I think the comedy here lies in that Idaho fans were incredulous that Idaho remaining FBS would bring in more money/support....Now they are requesting money to drop down a level, which should theoretically cost less money (fewer scholarships, less travel distance, etc).

grizband said:
srgrizizen said:
I think the comedy here lies in that Idaho fans were incredulous that Idaho remaining FBS would bring in more money/support....Now they are requesting money to drop down a level, which should theoretically cost less money (fewer scholarships, less travel distance, etc).

I see no comedy in that either. In fact, quite the opposite. This clearly shows that their revenue stream was much higher at FBS, then what they expect it to be at FCS. This could be one reason, why so many schools prefer playing at FBS, rather than FCS. But is the losing worth the revenue?

grizband said:
srgrizizen said:

Glad someone gets it.

Latest posts

Back