• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Real Issue....

northendzonecrazy

Ok, I'm sure many of you will disagree but this is how I see it:

1) Stitt needs to be done.

His recruiting has been great, just like everyone for the last almost 30 years before him. This isn't a talent issue. My issue the past 3 seasons has not been losing games, but rather losing games to INFERIOR competition. He is losing, consistently, to teams that don't have the same level of talent on the field. We are being out coached, as worse, out played. Since the days of the early 90's the Grizzlies have won not only because they were better, but also because they just flat wanted it more. I just don't see that same fire in recent years, starting with Pflugrad. It's ok to lose to Weber State this year on the road (though not in that fashion) and obviously to Washington. It IS NOT ok to lose that lead to EWU at home or go on the road with your season on the line and lose to the Bobcats. Period.

2) The next hire needs to be someone that can address the issues of pride, tradition, and attitude that seems to be lacking in recent seasons. As I've said, I don't see talent or recruiting to be the issue. We have the best team top to bottom in the Big Sky and have almost every year. We just aren't preforming to the level that our talent should be.

3) The next hire, IF POSSIBLE, really needs to be Bobby Hauck. I know a lot of people on here won't like that but I just don't know anyone else that can immediately step in and change the attitude and culture of the program. Yes, he never won the big one. He did however get us there 3 times. He went 5-2 against little brother from Bozeman. He eats, sleeps, and drinks Montana pride and tradition more than anyone else that would be seriously considered. And most importantly, he RARELY ever lost a regular season game that we shouldn't have. He may not have always been able to step up and beat superior teams in the playoffs, but he just didn't drop games like the one today. Perhaps we were spoiled a bit before and could only see life and success in terms of championships, but we need to accept that consistent trips to the finals or semifinals would be one hell of a step up from this shit show we are witnessing now. No one loves Montana and the Griz like Bobby H and the Hauck family. The pride and fight he brings can turn this around.

My 2 cents.

Keep the fingers crossed tomorrow, however I see us sitting at #25 or 26 right now. I just don't see us getting in.

Back