• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Last time around

Paytonlives

Staff member
Posts From Nov 2014

Was also talk of Mike Krammer...
Stitt was a late addition...

BWahlberg said:
Dave Dickenson - would he leave the CFL for what I'd presume would be a step down in pay? Probably will be a CFL head coach soon, or at least have an opportunity to be one.

Kraig Paulsen - defensive minded coach, never been an FCS head coach but long time Montana roots. Could retain some current coaches that would fit well with him.

Brent Pease - would leave a higher paying job but would finally get the head coaching gig he's wanted. Wasn't he a finalist when Pflu was hired?

Ty Gregorak - maybe the only internal option, could hold the current group together well, knows the coaches he'd want to keep and others he'd want to replace. Kind of a quick rise to the job though, is he ready?

Mike Breske - probably going to be in the market for a new job once Wazzu's season is over. Is he HC material?

Mike Van Diest - NAIA to FCS is a huge leap. Just a few years ago he almost quit on Carroll (allegedly) due to a lack of passion for the job. We know he can win championships at the NAIA level.

Robin Pflugrad - Snowballs chance in hell?
buckingthesun said:
Here are some current coaches with Montana connections:

* Tim Hauck--UNLV

* Kevin Peoples--Georgia Southern--Carroll College

* Kris Cincovich--U of ID--Carroll College

* Bryce Erickson--U of ID--Dad is Dennis

* Matt Lubic--Oregon--Dad is Sonny

* Marc Lubic--Houston (NFL)--Dad is Sonny

* Mike Ferriter--ID State

BWahlberg said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Did you intend to keep the list shorter, focusing on the main candidates ?

Yep.

Quick thoughts:

Lubick - too much of a pay drop, is he even interested?

Stitt - too big of a move-up, sounds like that's a concern with Haslam (not against Stitt but just from D3/D2 schools)

Gragg - No, not head coach material

Breske - Maybe DC? Not sure if he's head coach material either. 3rd trip back to Montana...

Leipold - Hired by Buffalo

Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC - I believe a total rumor cooked up after UNI beat NDSU. An athletic deparment guy who I believe knows the names of candidates didn't even know who I was talking about when I mentioned him 2 weeks ago.

Dickenson - Said he's not interested and not going to consider it

Zamberlin - I know applied last time but not the greatest resumee and I think too far removed now.

Mike Kramer - Nope, nope, and nope

Bob Cole - Mr Titleist would probably be waiting at the airport with a lead pipe if he knew Cole was coming

Mike Van Diest - Too many concerns about the upgrade in competition and him almost bailing on the team from a few years ago.

Some I'll admit I have no clue on:

Matt Mitchell @ Grand Valley State - lower division concern again?

Robb Akey - too far removed?

Beau Baldwin - Just not sure if it's something he wants to do or if it's just someone we all want to have over here

Jason Gesser - kind of like Akey, too far removed? Doing a TV gig right now I think

Paul Wulff - Not sure, I know he's applied, but I bet lots have. NCAA issues at EWU could haunt him.

Paytonlives said:
Posts From Nov 2014

Was also talk of Mike Krammer...
Stitt was a late addition...

BWahlberg said:
Dave Dickenson - would he leave the CFL for what I'd presume would be a step down in pay? Probably will be a CFL head coach soon, or at least have an opportunity to be one.

Kraig Paulsen - defensive minded coach, never been an FCS head coach but long time Montana roots. Could retain some current coaches that would fit well with him.

Brent Pease - would leave a higher paying job but would finally get the head coaching gig he's wanted. Wasn't he a finalist when Pflu was hired?

Ty Gregorak - maybe the only internal option, could hold the current group together well, knows the coaches he'd want to keep and others he'd want to replace. Kind of a quick rise to the job though, is he ready?

Mike Breske - probably going to be in the market for a new job once Wazzu's season is over. Is he HC material?

Mike Van Diest - NAIA to FCS is a huge leap. Just a few years ago he almost quit on Carroll (allegedly) due to a lack of passion for the job. We know he can win championships at the NAIA level.

Robin Pflugrad - Snowballs chance in hell?
buckingthesun said:
Here are some current coaches with Montana connections:

* Tim Hauck--UNLV

* Kevin Peoples--Georgia Southern--Carroll College

* Kris Cincovich--U of ID--Carroll College

* Bryce Erickson--U of ID--Dad is Dennis

* Matt Lubic--Oregon--Dad is Sonny

* Marc Lubic--Houston (NFL)--Dad is Sonny

* Mike Ferriter--ID State

Looks like a Butte influenced group.

Tim Hauck is with the Philadelphia Eagles. Here's hoping the team has a chance to play in the Super Bowl

Didn’t Breske have a good D while at UM?? Where is he now? Maybe Hauck has reached out to him to be on staff.

Back