Jonathan Takes Enemy

Griz Softball, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Golf | More
cclarkblues
eGriz Moderator

Jonathan Takes Enemy

Post by cclarkblues » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:57 pm

This is a Sports Illustrated article written about Johnathan Takes Enemy and the culture of the Crow nation. It also talks a little about Larry Pretty Weasel and Elvis Old Bull. It is somewhat lengthy so I am not pasting the whole article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm
The Dude Abides

wbtfg
Second Team All Conference
I am a fan of: Instigating

Re: Re: Jonathan Takes Enemy

Post by wbtfg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:22 pm

cclarkblues wrote:This is a Sports Illustrated article written about Johnathan Takes Enemy and the culture of the Crow nation. It also talks a little about Larry Pretty Weasel and Elvis Old Bull. It is somewhat lengthy so I am not pasting the whole article.

This is article is 20 years old.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

cclarkblues
eGriz Moderator

Re: Re: Jonathan Takes Enemy

Post by cclarkblues » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:
cclarkblues wrote:This is a Sports Illustrated article written about Johnathan Takes Enemy and the culture of the Crow nation. It also talks a little about Larry Pretty Weasel and Elvis Old Bull. It is somewhat lengthy so I am not pasting the whole article.

This is article is 20 years old.

I know that. Do you have something more recent? The problems remain the same.
The Dude Abides

Spanky
Second Team All Conference

Re: Jonathan Takes Enemy

Post by Spanky » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Sad article. I also knew Darrell Hill. The Crow tribe has many people with talent, but it is difficult to get the tribal leaders to attempt to improve conditions for the people, thus the majority can't escape poverty.

putter
eGriz Supporter

Re: Jonathan Takes Enemy

Post by putter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Spanky wrote:Sad article. I also knew Darrell Hill. The Crow tribe has many people with talent, but it is difficult to get the tribal leaders to attempt to improve conditions for the people, thus the majority can't escape poverty.
They also don't look at leaving the res as a positive.. they look at it as deserting your people. Last year, right after Rocky Boy beat Shelby for the second time at state, Eric Schildt was talking and said this was the most important night of their life...how true for them, yet how sad
So Let me get this straight.....Muslim terrorists fly planes into buildings and we are not supposed to judge all Muslim's for the actions of a few. A few crazy Americans commit heinous acts with guns but it is OK to condemn all gun owning Americans.. there is our congress for you.