• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Cherry a Cav

Saw Will on the replay of that game, too. I guess I came away with a different opinion. Will's missed shot was a turnover as Baynes drew an offensive foul on Will. Joseph beat Will a few times. The first defensive set for Will was pretty good though and he had good hustle. -3 for the night, so that kinda sucks. Hope his playing time increases and he gets some run against the other team's main set.

AllWeatherFan said:
Put in Will! Jesus, what could it possibly hurt?

jeez, they must have heard you. he got into the game fairly early tonight against orlanda and hit a trey. don't know if he's getting more minutes, but it seems he's getting off the bench sooner.

The stats for the game don't seem to match reality. Cherry has 2 blocked shots and 2 steals that I've seen so far (late 3rd quarter and through the 4th so far). They have him down for 1 steal and 1 block. He's playing great so far!

Good game for Cherry. He played 20 minutes, terrific defense, had 5 points (2-6 shooting though), 4 assists, 1 steal (really 2), 1 block (really 2), and only 1 turnover. He did have 4 fouls but with his very active defense it's kind of expected he's going to pick up a few fouls.

I noticed Joe Harris only played 10 minutes and Waiters mainly played the 2 instead of PG this game... maybe this is a sign Cherry will be the primary backup for Irving now and Waiters will play more 2 when he's in instead of backing up Irving?

Coach Blatt had some very kind things to say about Will during his post game press conference. :clap: For example, he spoke of the benefit of having Will handle the point to take pressure off of Lebron and Kyrie Irving.

citay said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Put in Will! Jesus, what could it possibly hurt?

jeez, they must have heard you. he got into the game fairly early tonight against orlanda and hit a trey. don't know if he's getting more minutes, but it seems he's getting off the bench sooner.

Exactly! We all know what a spark he can provide. We've all seen him hold his own against Lillard. He just needs a chance!

No longer...
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_cavaliers_waive_poin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back