• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

advice for the lovelorn?

citygriz

so, i know this isn't about griz basketball or anything, but given all the don juans and hugh hefners on this board, i thought i'd ask your advice.

i met this girl. saw her on tv a few times, then on-line, so we hooked up. now it's sorta serious. it all started out great--she even showed up for our first date wearing mostly slate--and later, as sort of a surprise, turned up in maroon and silver, even copper and silver. how about that! she's good-looking, athletic and smart, but lately i've encountered some problems. recurring problems.

she shows up late. we'll set seven for a date, and she shows up at seven-thirty. she recently flunked out of gymnastics, and while it could be my imagination, she doesn't seem as athletic as she used to be. then there's--you know. the nitty-gritty. some nights i can score at will. other nights--literally nothing. last date, late in the evening, when i could have got say, six kisses--i call them freebies--i got just one. it's just infuriating.

so: is this girl a keeper? do you think she'll ever amount to anything? or am i just set up to have my heart broken, say in...march.

If she puts out at all i say keep her. Gets the heart racing...for a few months at least. Then maybe take a 7 or so month break to see if things will heat up again! Just my take...

Well, take my old geezer advice and stick with the one that's driving you nuts; the trick is to keep the connections you are seeing now fresh in your mind who will eventually get that on line romance on a steady keel. The old man guarding his gal sees a goodlooking woman in the near future. This one is just turning tricks for now. But, that gets old so the new kids on her block will straighten her out...

citay said:
so, i know this isn't about griz basketball or anything, but given all the don juans and hugh hefners on this board, i thought i'd ask your advice.

i met this girl. saw her on tv a few times, then on-line, so we hooked up. now it's sorta serious. it all started out great--she even showed up for our first date wearing mostly slate--and later, as sort of a surprise, turned up in maroon and silver, even copper and silver. how about that! she's good-looking, athletic and smart, but lately i've encountered some problems. recurring problems.

she shows up late. we'll set seven for a date, and she shows up at seven-thirty. she recently flunked out of gymnastics, and while it could be my imagination, she doesn't seem as athletic as she used to be. then there's--you know. the nitty-gritty. some nights i can score at will. other nights--literally nothing. last date, late in the evening, when i could have got say, six kisses--i call them freebies--i got just one. it's just infuriating.

so: is this girl a keeper? do you think she'll ever amount to anything? or am i just set up to have my heart broken, say in...march.
perhaps the strangest analogy I've ever read :? ...but, keep her...wins are wins! Imagine if you were a Weber fan right now! :(

You have to consider all of your other options. The girl next door to the east of you is a loser with a very low potential. Her father is a hot-head too. The girl next door to the west is having a good year and is starting to gather attention. Her downside is that she is drug addled and her people have a reputation for being underachieving white trash. The whole lot isn't very bright.

You have the Mormon girls down the road. History shows they will never put out. The girl from NoDak is a fatty and no one pays any attention to her because her brother is a star hockey player. The girl from Idaho is the new girl at school. She has a nasty reputation and your family has had a long-tern feud with her family reminiscent of the Hatfields and McCoys. The girl from Colorado is a dullard and smells like a stock yard. Her own family ignores her. The girl from Portland is a thug and belongs to a gang. The girl from Arizona has a lazy eye and everyone takes her for granted. She likely has several STDs.

The girl from California is looking hot this year although her big sisters have always been a lot more attractive. She has never gone all the way and the rumor is that she is saving herself for marriage. She is more than likely to never put out.

If you look at all your choices it seems like you're doing fairly well!

Ursa Major said:
You have to consider all of your other options. The girl next door to the east of you is a loser with very low potential. Her father is a hot-head too. The girl next door to the west is having a good year and is starting to gather attention. Her downside is that she is drug addled and her people have a reputation for being underachieving white trash. The whole lot isn't very bright.

You have the Mormon girls down the road. History shows they will never put out. The girl from NoDak is a fatty and no one pays any attention to her because her brother is a star hockey player. The girl from Idaho is the new girl at school. She has a nasty reputation and your family has had a long-tern feud with her family reminiscent of the Hatfields and McCoys. The girl from Colorado is a dullard and smells like a stock yard. Her own family ignores her. The girl from Portland is a thug and belongs to a gang.

If you look at all your choices it seems like you're doing fairly well!

Absolutely faaaaaaaantastic! :thumb:

The secret to happiness? Turns out it's lower expectations. It's a proven fact. So expect no kisses, and that one will be extra sweet.

Also, you have to pretend to listen to her and pretend to be interested in what she is saying. I don't mean "look at your watch" pretend. I mean Academy Award performance. That investment of time and effort pays big dividends.

AllWeatherFan said:
The secret to happiness? Turns out it's lower expectations. It's a proven fact. So expect no kisses, and that one will be extra sweet.

Also, you have to pretend to listen to her and pretend to be interested in what she is saying. I don't mean "look at your watch" pretend. I mean Academy Award performance. That investment of time and effort pays big dividends.

as in, "the best way to hang on to a conversation is to let go of it once in a while?" (mark twain.) and not: "everyone is entitled to my own opinion." (citay.)

Buy a house.

Give it to her.

Go have a beer.

There, you've saved fifteen years of bickering, ungrateful kids, a nasty divorce, child support and alimony forever. And you won't have your house and she will. So, just cut to the chase, give her the house now, go away and you can save a ton of aggravation and frustration. You'll both be happier.

mtgrizrule said:
Pretty sad when this gets more conversation than a pretty good basketball team.
Not as bad, yet, as the "Vernon Adams Transferring to Oregon?" thread.

Well, she has already impressed and surpassed expectations but from what I've seen, I got a feeling she will be going home early this year without bringing any of her supermodel friends over to play around with later. But don't give up faith, it's too early to make any hasty decisions. I heard next year she is planning on getting a couple nice, new enhancements. That alone is worth sticking around for. And I agree that I like your chances with this girl as opposed to the neighboring girls. But above all, whatever happens, remember the wise words of Butters (and at least you're not an emo Cat fan, ALWAYS disappointed):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN6ZgBJOTO4[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN6ZgBJOTO4

Just curious, did the timing of her dropping out of gymnastics and becoming less athletic coincide with you posting the video of your jumping prowess? Maybe she really loves and wants something in common?

I have heard that your girl would really like a faster tempo but has a hard time getting started. Maybe it how she practices or gets warmed up that is holding her back. Once she goes down, she doesn't seem to stay there. I think she has more potential than you might realize. I would stick with her.

images

images

citay said:

It sounds like you're more worried about where you two at than she is... She has you wrapped around her finger buddy.

Back