• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Go SUU

Kadeezy said:
EverettGriz said:
Kadeezy said:
Rank the BSC Message Boards, ready, go!

See, this is why you just don't get it, Kad.

It isn't about the message board. Hell, it isn't really even about facilities. It's about the obvious and vast differences in the programs, top to bottom. The disparity in the message board traffic is simply a symptom. A much smaller one than facilities, of course, but a symptom nonetheless.

Are you arguing that UM has a superior overall athletics program to all other schools in the BSC?

No, it does show why the BSC is so weak, especially in Basketball. It sucks the fans around the conference do not support athletics very well at many of the BSC schools. No wonder the conference relies so heavily on the Montana schools for support. Why in the hell do you think I encourage other fan bases to start supporting their athletics better? This conference is absolutely embarrassing for fan attendance.

SUU has scored 7 points in the first 8 1/2 minutes... Down 13-7.

Refs having a conference about something.

Looks like Sac is shooting FTs. So Sac's up 15-7 now.

ISU is hanging with EWU so far though. Down 18-17 with 12 mins to go in the half. Would be nice if EWU would drop one (or both) of their last 2 road games.

29-26 Sac State with 3:37 left in the 1st half. I was happy when SUU went up 24-23. SUU is very inconsistent on offense so far.

37-36 SUU at the half. SUU shooting improved a lot the last 6 to 7 minutes of the half. Come on SUU win this one for the conference!!!!

SUU up 49-42 with about 16 mins to go in the game.

EWU unfortunately up 47-28 with about 18 mins to go in the game.

NAU struggling with PSU at home... Up by 3 right now with a little over 3 mins to go.

So far, this game is being decided at the foul line ... and the home team has the problem. Sac is 12 of 17 shooting foul shots, while SUU has only 9 tries with 5 made.

NAU beat PSU 58-51, so that's good.

SUU up 59-57 with 6:14 to go.

EWU up 67-52 with about 7:30 to go. Hopefully Weber will give EWU a game. They're beating the shit out of Idaho right now (60-43 with under 10 to go).

Sac misses a 3. SUU Rebounds and is fouled with 9.6 seconds left.

SUU going to the line up by 3.

Makes the first! SUU up by 4 with 9.6 seconds left. Timeout.

SUU misses the 2nd, Sac takes two 3 pointers and misses them both.

SUU WINS 69-65!

Wow, EWU almost blew it. They blew a 19 point lead letting ISU get to within 1 with 49 seconds left. ISU scored 55 points in the 2nd half. EWU ended up winning 85-81.

GoldenEagle said:
If the EAGS beat Weber, Sac loses to NAU and Montana beats the Cats, who hosts the tourney?

I'm having a hard time wrap my head around this question, too. Standings before tie-breaker would look like:

1. Montana 1. EWU
3. Sac St. 3. NAU

First tiebreaker rule: Head-to-head. Montana-EWU split, Sac St.-NAU split. So...

Second tiebreaker rule: Head-to-head vs conference opponents in descending order. But this is confusing because first and third are not set yet. If we say Sac is 3rd, EWU wins, if we say NAU is 3rd, Montana wins. Sac is 3rd if Montana is 1st, NAU is 3rd if EWU is 1st.

Mind is blown.

I'm wondering if you just aggregate the teams, e.g. Montana is 1-1 vs NAU and Sac, while EWU is 1-2 vs NAU and Sac. That would be good.

No explanation, but EWU Twitter handle says they need both Montana and Sac St. to lose to host: https://twitter.com/EWUAthletics/status/573709915719512065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Word said:
GoldenEagle said:
If the EAGS beat Weber, Sac loses to NAU and Montana beats the Cats, who hosts the tourney?

I'm having a hard time wrap my head around this question, too. Standings before tie-breaker would look like:

1. Montana 1. EWU
3. Sac St. 3. NAU

First tiebreaker rule: Head-to-head. Montana-EWU split, Sac St.-NAU split. So...

Second tiebreaker rule: Head-to-head vs conference opponents in descending order. But this is confusing because first and third are not set yet. If we say Sac is 3rd, EWU wins, if we say NAU is 3rd, Montana wins. Sac is 3rd if Montana is 1st, NAU is 3rd if EWU is 1st.

Mind is blown.

I'm wondering if you just aggregate the teams, e.g. Montana is 1-1 vs NAU and Sac, while EWU is 1-2 vs NAU and Sac. That would be good.

OK, I asked the same ? on the Red Zone and got this response:

"GoldenEagle,
According to Larry Weir after tonight slim Victory over Idaho State, we need Sac State to lose and Montana to loose on Saturday, we will Host. He explained what happened earlier in games that we lost, i.e. our lost to NAU, forgot what else was said, was so happy to get the Victory. Vic Wallace"

So, it looks like UM would host under that scenario.

GoldenEagle said:
Word said:
GoldenEagle said:

1. Montana 1. EWU
3. Sac St. 3. NAU

Mind is blown.

OK, I asked the same ? on the Red Zone and got this response:

"GoldenEagle,
According to Larry Weir after tonight slim Victory over Idaho State, we need Sac State to lose and Montana to loose on Saturday, we will Host. He explained what happened earlier in games that we lost, i.e. our lost to NAU, forgot what else was said, was so happy to get the Victory. Vic Wallace"

So, it looks like UM would host under that scenario.

Thanks for posting that. That above scenario was blowing my mind as well. 1st and 2nd seemed to depend on 3rd and 4th... 3rd and 4th depended on who was 1st and 2nd. OH GOD INFINITE LOOP!

Glad someone knows the tiebreaker rules and how it'd play out. Go NAU! :p

Back