• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Justin Hartman

Explosive 1 said:
Not tryin to jock Hartman but I believe I stated that he is ARGUABLY one of the best high school athletes we've had. Here's my argument.

3 time State AA Basketball champion, 2000, 2001, 2002

2 time State Basketball Tourney MVP, 2000, 2001
---Won the MVP Sophomore and Junior years. Should have won it his senior year after they beat Bozeman in the chipper but the tourney was being held in Bozo (Belgrade) and the media gave it to Dissly. Dissly had a good tourney but Hartman's team won and Hartman outplayed him in the chipper.

1 time State AA Football champ 2001
All-State Football player (Quarterback)

Undefeated as a Grizzly starter....that's the real impressive stat, jk...

good points about his HS career.
Also, Cox was a very good HS player.
I imagine had either been wearing a Griz uni some of you who hate these guys would spout off a different tune.
some wouldn't though.

Explosive 1 said:
Not tryin to jock Hartman but I believe I stated that he is ARGUABLY one of the best high school athletes we've had. Here's my argument.

3 time State AA Basketball champion, 2000, 2001, 2002

2 time State Basketball Tourney MVP, 2000, 2001
---Won the MVP Sophomore and Junior years. Should have won it his senior year after they beat Bozeman in the chipper but the tourney was being held in Bozo (Belgrade) and the media gave it to Dissly. Dissly had a good tourney but Hartman's team won and Hartman outplayed him in the chipper.

1 time State AA Football champ 2001
All-State Football player (Quarterback)

Undefeated as a Grizzly starter....that's the real impressive stat, jk...

Great player on some very, very good high school teams in basketball, but he certainly wasn't a one man team. The Rustlers were stacked those years. Frankly, put him on any number of different AA teams during that time period and he wouldn't have won those State Championships. Again, I think he was a great high school basketball player and a winner, and I loved his confidence, but he was just not dominant enough as an individual player to be considered one of the greatest ever on a short list. And if championships are the sole measure of greatness, then John Salley must have been a better basketball player than Wilt Chamberlain because he won more NBA titles during his playing career.

In football, more of a product of the system at CMR than a great football player. I always considered him a much better basketball player than a football player and the fact that at Western he can't even outright beat out Travis Blome (who while a good player would never be called "one of the greatest high school athletes in the state of Montana ever") speaks volumes. And if you also consider that Hartman probably wouldn't even be considered among the Top 5 quarterbacks of all-time at CMR doesn't exactly support the "all-time" and "ever' argument.

RangerNation990 said:
Sorry to tell you guys but none of Justin's nephews is named Kip or Napoleon and he rarely talks of his days as a grizzly.

Holy shit Justin...

Were you googling your name then came across this 9 1/2 year old thread?

RA2geFU.png

RangerNation990 said:
Sorry to tell you guys but none of Justin's nephews is named Kip or Napoleon and he rarely talks of his days as a grizzly.

Until you dredged up this thread, no one else was talking obout his days as a Grizzly either...

RangerNation990 said:
Well to be correct, I beleive it was 15 years for the nephew discussion which makes the deadline Dec of 2020. Settle down, we got time.

EverettGriz said:
I miss some of the posters from those days.

Makes me wonder what happened to Swilly? While he certainly wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, he at least was passionate about Griz basketball.

Also...Barn Ball has been missing for years... Where did he go?

As for this thread. Re-reading it reminded me of the hack-fest towards the end of that game. As Zirg, Barn Ball and GrizWhiz pointed out it was an ugly game towards the end with a lot unnecessary hard fouls. We were lucky to not have had any serious injuries from this game.

Back