• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eric Hutchison

Some side effects of Adderall: uncontrolled movements, weakness on one side of the body....guess that explains his on-court performance

I feel for him in 2 ways. 1. He had to be taking that stuff for whatever medical problem he had. 2. He was stupid and naïve enough to sell that crap. Come on Eric you are smarter than that. I hope he learns from this and can use his college education for the better.

Can you really sell 1000 of them if you are on a prescription? Guess I don't take enough pills to know. I need a new habit. Either way, I would never have pegged him as the type to risk that.

I don't feel bad for EH in any way. Have fun with a felony on your record. He was basically dealing legalized meth. Jackass dip-shit move, and he would have been better off selling pot. Selling Rx pills, especially of the amphetamine sort, is no joke.

PeauxRouge said:
Can you really sell 1000 of them if you are on a prescription? Guess I don't take enough pills to know. I need a new habit. Either way, I would never have pegged him as the type to risk that.

I certainly dont know but the report said he admitted to authorities that he sold over 1000

MtTarheel said:
PeauxRouge said:

I certainly dont know but the report said he admitted to authorities that he sold over 1000

I'd guess it was over a period of at least 2 or 3 years. If he had a prescription he could have just been not taking them but instead selling them (especially during finals week) to people who needed to cram for finals.

It's pretty common for people in college, especially around finals week, to use adderall for help focusing as well as help staying awake to study.

Potomac Griz said:
MtTarheel said:
PeauxRouge said:

I'd guess it was over a period of at least 2 or 3 years. If he had a prescription he could have just been not taking them but instead selling them (especially during finals week) to people who needed to cram for finals.

It's pretty common for people in college, especially around finals week, to use adderall for help focusing as well as help staying awake to study.

Yeah, I imagine timeline is huge. One thousand over a few years isn't a lot, but if it was over a short period, that begs to know where they were coming from. Either way, stupid. Hope he learns from it or gets the help he needs.

His D1 skills severely lacking, would have fared better in NAIA

His judgement lacking, I too hope he gets his life together

It's probably just so much arm-chair psychology but Hutch seemed a bit immature for his age and position; just not able to develop his game; that was in comparison to Jordan Gregory who can set a goal, work on it off season, and return with a new skillset as he did last year. Two different people in the maturity department.

It's always frustrating to see a kid fail to develop his potential, but then consistent with not being able to apparently focus and grow, do something stupid with his life like this. It's something of a victimless crime, but that inability to gauge consequences and measure them is part of a significant problem. Best wishes to him, I am not big believer in "wake-up" calls -- seen too many go back to sleep.

UMGriz75 said:
It's probably just so much arm-chair psychology but Hutch seemed a bit immature for his age and position; just not able to develop his game; that was in comparison to Jordan Gregory who can set a goal, work on it off season, and return with a new skillset as he did last year. Two different people in the maturity department.

It's always frustrating to see a kid fail to develop his potential, but then consistent with not being able to apparently focus and grow, do something stupid with his life like this. It's something of a victimless crime, but that inability to gauge consequences and measure them is part of a significant problem. Best wishes to him, I am not big believer in "wake-up" calls -- seen too many go back to sleep.

For Hutchison he was nearly at his full potential when he came in. For players like Gregory, with some work, effort, and natural growth. Gregory is the perfect example why coaches love great attitudes, hard work, and a high ceiling when it comes to potential. I am really looking forward to see what Gregory has improved on this off season. I have a feeling it will be playmaking and finishing stronger. :thumb:

Probably should (as always) wait until everything comes out before passing judgement. I've seen first hand that what's reported sometimes isn't 100% (or even 10%) accurate when it comes to criminal cases involving the Missoula police and stories in the Missoulian.

Besides...it's adderall... it's a well known upper that's often used to pull all nighters for studying. Not advocating it's use of course, but this isn't exactly like he was Walt cooking meth.

If he is guilty of what he's been accused of doing I hope a plea bargain is worked out for a lesser charge so it doesn't ruin Hutch's life with a felony.

Potomac Griz said:
Probably should (as always) wait until everything comes out before passing judgement. I've seen first hand that what's reported sometimes isn't 100% (or even 10%) accurate when it comes to criminal cases involving the Missoula police and stories in the Missoulian.

Besides...it's adderall... it's a well known upper that's often used to pull all nighters for studying. Not advocating it's use of course, but this isn't exactly like he was Walt cooking meth.

If he is guilty of what he's been accused of doing I hope a plea bargain is worked out for a lesser charge so it doesn't ruin Hutch's life with a felony.

True. He's not exactly a cartel kingpin.

Weird. I made it through 6 years of college and never needed a prescription to study. Coffee seemed to do the trick.

Latest posts

Back