• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What happened to Bryden Boehning?

Just my opinion, but he is not D-1 material. I think it's smart for all parties.

He transferred to Rocky. It's a better fit for him and he will be playing with two former Griz teammates -- Riley Bradshaw and Jermaine Edmonds (I'm told he is transferring to Rocky also).

This was a decision that Bryden came to. He was highly thought of within the program, but a preseason knee injury stalled his progress and he could never regain his standing in the rotation. He was going to be the seventh or eighth guy off the bench before the injury.

kyle_sample said:
He transferred to Rocky. It's a better fit for him and he will be playing with two former Griz teammates -- Riley Bradshaw and Jermaine Edmonds (I'm told he is transferring to Rocky also).

This was a decision that Bryden came to. He was highly thought of within the program, but a preseason knee injury stalled his progress and he could never regain his standing in the rotation. He was going to be the seventh or eighth guy off the bench before the injury.

Woah, I didn't know about Edmonds. Jermaine should tear it up in that league.

Bryden left for personal reasons. It was his decision to leave. He was not expected to be the 7th or 8th guy off the bench. He was expected to get a lot of playing time this year. Possibly even starting. Travis obviously felt he is D-1 material, or would have not offered him a scholarship. He did not come back out of shape and overweight. He is happy with his decision and excited about playing for Rocky this year.

Grizgang said:
Bryden left for personal reasons. It was his decision to leave. He was not expected to be the 7th or 8th guy off the bench. He was expected to get a lot of playing time this year. Possibly even starting. Travis obviously felt he is D-1 material, or would have not offered him a scholarship. He did not come back out of shape and overweight. He is happy with his decision and excited about playing for Rocky this year.

I've watched dozens of these "fringe" guys over the years. I do not know any details why he truly left, but I saw enough to know, he would never be a legit D-1 Center. I can't think of any player that has ever left the Griz (moving down) and made the Griz look stupid for letting him go. I wish him the best, but I'm not gonna back-down that UM let a legit D-1 player leave. He's NOT!

Hey, I don't know whether he would have had a successful D-1 career, but I met him several times and watched quite a few practices - he is a classy kid who will always be a Griz fan.

1ef0a09363038d2347136ddd39d08808.jpg

posted via telepathy

Back