• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Taking Care of the Basketball

EverettGriz

DONOR
Over a 65 minute span - the entire Weber game including OT, and the first half of the spud game -- the Griz committed a total -- TOTAL -- of three turnovers, and two of those came on offensive fouls. That's just ridiculous. I'm not sure there's ever been a stat like that in college basketball.

You knew with our outstanding guard play that the Griz would handle the basketball, but those numbers are just silly good.

the turn over ratio last night was ridiculous. hats off to TD. if we can sustain that Saturday its a big key to beating ewoo

EverettGriz said:
Over a 65 minute span - the entire Weber game including OT, and the first half of the spud game -- the Griz committed a total -- TOTAL -- of three turnovers, and two of those came on offensive fouls. That's just ridiculous. I'm not sure there's ever been a stat like that in college basketball.

You knew with our outstanding guard play that the Griz would handle the basketball, but those numbers are just silly good.

I didn't see the Weber game, with numbers like that I would think it would translate into a good win. What was difference in that game? Shoot percentages? 3-pointers? Rebounding?

ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:

I didn't see the Weber game, with numbers like that I would think it would translate into a good win. What was difference in that game? Shoot percentages? 3-pointers? Rebounding?

Weber only had 4 TOs. That was just an extremely well-played, clean game (outside of the gross numbers of whistles and ticky-tack fouls).

EverettGriz said:
ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:

Weber only had 4 TOs. That was just an extremely well-played, clean game (outside of the gross numbers of whistles and ticky-tack fouls).

Excessive fouls seem to be the norm these days in the entire NCAA.

The recruiting, the scheduling, the coaching--it's all coming together. I still think we're a year away.

One of our other VERY significant areas of improvement is our team Free Throw shooting. Second in the BSC (around 75%) and in the top 20 in the nation.

Good things continue to happen with TDC's crew.

ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:

Difference = Senglin You have to give credit, where credit is due.

http://www.standard.net/Weber-State/2016/12/31/Senglin-sinks-game-winner-in-overtime-thriller-for-Weber-State-mens-basketball.html

ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:
ordigger said:
EverettGriz said:

Excessive fouls seem to be the norm these days in the entire NCAA.

Most games. True. The Idaho State game was amazingly foul-free, then the Weber game was a foul-fest from the word Go. The key is understanding early in the game what is being called and what you can get away with.
Also recognition of who just got their 4th foul and stays in the game. You should go right at him. You know they are gonna play "Ole" defense on the next possession. The Griz have not taken advantage the couple times when this has been presented to them this year.

Back