• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What a Season!!!!

mick77

All I have to say is that the Griz had a great season. I couldn't be more proud with the effort that the team put forth. I truly feel that any person who tries to blame a loss on one play or one player has completely lost their mind. You win as a team and you lose as a team. I also believe that we all forget about a couple of things. One, its a game. Its the greatest game ever played and we all respect that. I loved the years that I was able to walk onto a field. However, its just a game. Two, its not our game to play. The only people who get to take credit for a win is those players on the field. Thats it. This is their game...not ours. And finally, these guys playing are still young kids. To call a kid a loser as he's walking off the field after throwing an int. is not being a true griz fan. These kids all have parents. Parents that love to watch their kids play and don't need to hear that about their kids. Kids have enough to worry about then 23,000 fans blaming them for a loss. I'm proud to say I'm a griz fan and would like to tip my hat to those players and coaches who put in months of work so we can have our Saturday enjoyment. Thanks for working hard and giving us a great season of football.
Go Griz. :clap:

havgrizfan said:
Trust me, no matter how much Alpha and Dill would like us all to believe, 23,000 Griz fans don't blames Swogger for that loss.

Many of us may blame any number of people, but most of us have the brain function to appreciate what we have here and be gratefull. Does it change the outcome if we publicly blame JS? Not at all. Does it get us closer to Chatty to take shots at RP? no. I think the number of fans who enjoyed the season and are now looking forward to next year is much greater than 23K. Thanks to those who have taken the risk to put them selves up to criticism we had a lot of fun.

I don't blame Swogger for that loss.

Don't put words in my mouth. He did the best he could with what he has.

Many of us knew at the beginning of the year it wasn't enough and had to wait for the other shoe to drop.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Many of us knew at the beginning of the year it wasn't enough and had to wait for the other shoe to drop.

Alpha quote

"Let me correct this for you.

IT WAS A HORRIBLE THROW BY A BAD QB.

You can't wiggle out of this by twisting what 24,000 people watched. Schulte was behind his defender and the ball was another f*****g duck.

Thank god this QB is gone and can never hurt us again."

does that Alpha post sound familiar. Not blaming Swogger??? Quit posting drunk. Or just quit posting, it may be easier.

scapegoat griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Alpha quote

You can't wiggle out of this by twisting what 24,000 people watched. Schulte was behind his defender and the ball was another f*****g duck.

does that Alpha post sound familiar. Not blaming Swogger??? Quit posting drunk. Or just quit posting, it may be easier.

An observation about a BAD THROW isn't blaming him for the loss.

Where exactly did I post the phrase "I blame Swogger for this loss"?

He's not a good QB and I knew that 3 years ago.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
scapegoat griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Alpha quote

You are so pathetic.... "thank god he is gone and can never hurt us again"????? No blame there Clinton. But I guess it depends on how you define the words... You are clearly blaming him for his poor performance. I don't disagree, but be a man and back up your words.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
scapegoat griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Alpha quote

You are so pathetic.... "thank god he is gone and can never hurt us again"????? No blame there Clinton. But I guess it depends on how you define the words... You are clearly blaming him for his poor performance. I don't disagree, but be a man and back up your words.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
scapegoat griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Alpha quote

Actually Alpha you did blame Swogger....

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?p=259144&highlight=#259144

You cannot defend his play ALL YEAR.

WSU knows football and they canned him for a reason and we witnessed it all year.

He is the worst QB in the history of Montana football.

Yes you can and should blame him for this loss.

If your a "good fan" you would.

Although I suppose you could technically say that you didn't, that you were saying someone else should thus you wouldn't have to say that you did. :twocents:

I think the bandwagon is getting a bit full.

:eek:fftopic: You bunch of turkeys! Mick 77 here takes the time to write out a nice post and you all come on here and start the bashing each other junk again. Maybe you could start a special thread for 'my Butte third leg is bigger than your Butte third leg?'

All this macho business makes me glad I'm a chick. Good night.

You are right. Mick 77 did indeed have a great post with great points and we shouldn't have taken away from it.

mick77 said:
All I have to say is that the Griz had a great season. I couldn't be more proud with the effort that the team put forth. I truly feel that any person who tries to blame a loss on one play or one player has completely lost their mind. You win as a team and you lose as a team. I also believe that we all forget about a couple of things. One, its a game. Its the greatest game ever played and we all respect that. I loved the years that I was able to walk onto a field. However, its just a game. Two, its not our game to play. The only people who get to take credit for a win is those players on the field. Thats it. This is their game...not ours. And finally, these guys playing are still young kids. To call a kid a loser as he's walking off the field after throwing an int. is not being a true griz fan. These kids all have parents. Parents that love to watch their kids play and don't need to hear that about their kids. Kids have enough to worry about then 23,000 fans blaming them for a loss. I'm proud to say I'm a griz fan and would like to tip my hat to those players and coaches who put in months of work so we can have our Saturday enjoyment. Thanks for working hard and giving us a great season of football.
Go Griz. :clap:

good post mick77...i felt so bad after the loss the other night but i can't imagine how the guys playing and coaching felt....i'm very proud of how hard they fought all season. lets do it again next year!! hopefully just one more game tho :clap:

Back