• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

False Start Tally on Griz Vision...

GRIZNATION

I know it has been discussed before but would like to see the crowd get amped up even more every time a false start occurs for the visiting team. Why not a cool looking graphic and in game running tally of the crowd involvement? :thumb:

----------------------------
DETROIT – The scoreboard at Ford Field read 25-19 in favor of the 49ers when it was all said and done on Sunday. But there was another tally being flashed throughout the game – a running count of how many times Detroit’s fans aided in false start penalties against the 49ers.

Each time the 49ers jumped early, the scoreboard added another false-start which caused the crowd to make even more noise. In total, four false-start penalties were called against the 49ers, three of which were in the first half.
-----------------------------

Seahawks do the same thing. In fact they have an entire website dedicated to their false starts.

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/centurylink-field/false-starts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this would be quite nice. Keeps the crowd in it. Add this to the list of "improved entertainment"

We might as well copy the false start meter and how about raising a flag pre-game like the Seahawks....oh wait we do... my only other question is how long after we do it does kittyland copy that?

MTGRIZ12 said:
We might as well copy the false start meter and how about raising a flag pre-game like the Seahawks....oh wait we do... my only other question is how long after we do it does kittyland copy that?

You have a 12th man flag?

wbtfg said:
MTGRIZ12 said:

You have a 12th man flag?

the 37 flag

I could try and start it in the front row of the student section, similar to K's at a baseball game. Instead of K's what do you think we could do? Maybe this?
Griz_Logo.png

Didn't someone do this a couple years ago and security made them take the signs down because stuff isn't allowed to be hung from the railing?

I do remember somebody trying to do this a few years ago in the North EZ, and I thought it was a pretty cool idea! It reminded me of the "Ichi-meter" in Seattle. I think this would be a fun way for the fans to keep the noise coming all game long.

I looked up the stats for false starts from all of our home games this year. In four home games, we've caused opponents to have a total of 8 false starts:
  • Cal Poly - 2
    EWU - 0
    UNC - 1
    PSU - 5... 3 of the 5 false starts were in the 2nd half when the stadium was rocking!

I think someone should try to get a tally going like they tried to do a few years ago. I like the "K" idea, or a number count... What about displaying the false starts up on the east side expansion along the concrete for everyone to see?

Also the Marching Band started a chant for false starts a few years ago when I was a member. The chant goes, "False Staaarrt! On the offense! 5 yaaards! RE-PLAY THE DOWN!" One of the games, the referee gave props to the band right before he made the call. I've always thought this would be neat to get the student section to say it!

MrTitleist said:
Didn't someone do this a couple years ago and security made them take the signs down because stuff isn't allowed to be hung from the railing?

My friend and I brought a toy lawn mower to the App State game and flashed it at Armanti when he came near us. The security tried to take it from us because they considered it a "projectile." I'll give it another shot with the security then.

grizfan95 said:
MrTitleist said:

My friend and I brought a toy lawn mower to the App State game and flashed it at Armanti when he came near us. The security tried to take it from us because they considered it a "projectile." I'll give it another shot with the security then.

That's kinda funny! Tacky, but funny!

We tried to come up with a sign a couple years ago, we were told by security to take it down because you aren't allowed to hang anything over the rail???? That came from security and the UofM dip$hits that didn't think of it first.

I asked the UofM if we could think of something and they said a sign would be a great idea but there wasn't room anywhere in the stadium for another sign and the cost would be to great. Plus it would force the Ath. Dept and marketing dept's to actually do some work and stop partying all the time.

and it could be sponsored by............

prejac-stop-premature-ejaculation.gif

MTGRIZ12 said:
We tried to come up with a sign a couple years ago, we were told by security to take it down because you aren't allowed to hang anything over the rail???? That came from security and the UofM dip$hits that didn't think of it first.

I asked the UofM if we could think of something and they said a sign would be a great idea but there wasn't room anywhere in the stadium for another sign and the cost would be to great. Plus it would force the Ath. Dept and marketing dept's to actually do some work and stop partying all the time.

and it could be sponsored by............

prejac-stop-premature-ejaculation.gif
Actually.... If you remember?........ They tore our sign down....... I later found out they thought it was an offensive sign negatively directed towards none other than........ #19 Colt Anderson.

The sign read "FALSIES #19"..... At the time we had 19 false starts and the word "FALSIES" was used instead of "FALSE START" to save room. It was quite large and might not have fit correctly and allow us to change the numbers as the game wore on if it had been much bigger.

Anyway, the AD assumed we were making a personal attack against Colt...... Guess they should have asked before they just tore the sign down.

I mean C'mon the sign was in the NEZ.... Get a frickin' clue :roll:

Does anyone know anybody who works for gameday management or is a part of GrizVision? Besides the false start tally and really getting the crowd involved when those penalties are caused, this may or may not be funny to see on Griz Vision... thoughts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWWnZm6-w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRIZNATION said:
Does anyone know anybody who works for gameday management or is a part of GrizVision? Besides the false start tally and really getting the crowd involved when those penalties are caused, this may or may not be funny to see on Griz Vision... thoughts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWWnZm6-w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like it

GRIZNATION said:

:lol: That'd be something I'd get a kick out of seeing on Griz Vision!

Back