• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HUGE GAME

George Ferguson

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/926186552337735681[/tweet]

I'm driving through the crap weather to be there!

tenor.gif

Odds are against us but I'll still be there in the rain/sleet/snow because I want to witness us putting an unexpected ass kicking on NAZ and see the yuge smiles on the kids faces when they come sing afterwards.

TAKE THAT MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! BELIEVE!!!!!

We've had three weeks since the last home game. Plenty of time to rest and show NAU why this is the toughest place in the Big Sky to play.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
We've had three weeks since the last home game. Plenty of time to rest and show NAU why this is the toughest place in the Big Sky to play.

:thumb:

Hope so, and the fair weather fans and the fans that have turned their back on the team probably wont go, it'll leave just the fun crowd. Should be a good one.

BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Hope so, and the fair weather fans and the fans that have turned their back on the team probably wont go, it'll leave just the fun crowd. Should be a good one.

Wish I lived closer. Next year I'll get to more games. Griz are unbeaten in games I've attended!

BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Brint that is a very arrogant, self indulged, stupid comment. Fun crowd? WTF is that. Personal reasons are keeping me home. A member of my family is struggling to stay alive so my misses wants to stay with her and I’m supporting her. I would love to compare my attendance, and donations to yours. Other than not being a qb club member I bet I’m as “committed. The last two, yes two years my wife and I have hit dear going home from the game one of which sent us piling through a fence and ending up in a field. Unlike you who hobnob at the local restaurant before the game and eat pastries, drink coffee and discuss whether or not the “fun crowd” shows up for the game. What a stupid comment. By the way I gave my tickets away....not sold them.. to a worthy cause. Good grief get off your high effing horse......

By the way I have my tickets to the cat/Griz game and two nights planned in Bozeman to be a part of the “fun” crowd.

People who get field passes sometimes think they are better fans than the guys who have to make a real sacrifice financially to just buy the cheapest tickets when the can and can't afford season tickets, travel costs or coaching groupie kiss ass fees.

Bigkid...there are truly fans that turn their back because they are not truly committed. I believe you know who some those are. I am sure Brint is not talking about the true fans, yes even true fans can't make every game. Yes, members of the fun crowd will be missing. Without naming names directly, Brints statement is/was just general statement. Don't take it personal! Sorry to hear about family member and know that my tailgate personnel will say a prayer.

bigkid said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Brint that is a very arrogant, self indulged, stupid comment. Fun crowd? WTF is that. Personal reasons are keeping me home. A member of my family is struggling to stay alive so my misses wants to stay with her and I’m supporting her. I would love to compare my attendance, and donations to yours. Other than not being a qb club member I bet I’m as “committed. The last two, yes two years my wife and I have hit dear going home from the game one of which sent us piling through a fence and ending up in a field. Unlike you who hobnob at the local restaurant before the game and eat pastries, drink coffee and discuss whether or not the “fun crowd” shows up for the game. What a stupid comment. By the way I gave my tickets away....not sold them.. to a worthy cause. Good grief get off your high effing horse......

By the way I have my tickets to the cat/Griz game and two nights planned in Bozeman to be a part of the “fun” crowd.

I think you might be misunderstanding what Brint was alluding to. Family issues happen to all of us. Brint as well. My condolences to your family in this bad time.

If I may speak for Brint, I assume he is referring to those that it has become a place to be seen as long as things are going well. The ones that complain that they are not going to go because we are 5-3 and the weather is bad and it is not worth it. "The corporate crowd" so to speak.

bigkid said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Pretty sure you're exactly the type of fan that he WASN'T talking about.

Not a member of the "fun crowd" but five of us will be challenging the three passes between here and Missoula Saturday morning. I'm the only drinker in the group so have a large responsibility. Fortunately the other four are very loud.

But I'm confused; wasn't last week's game the HUGE game?

4" here now and snowing hard....

snap said:
bigkid said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

b/w meant this for sure !

grizatwork said:
If I may speak for Brint, I assume he is referring to those that it has become a place to be seen as long as things are going well. The ones that complain that they are not going to go because we are 5-3 and the weather is bad and it is not worth it. "The corporate crowd" so to speak.
You should be aware that this post could be interpreted as agest within our aging fanbase.

bigkid said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Dude... take a deep breath and re-read my post. Based on your post do you qualify as a fairweather fan or someone that's turned their back on the team?

The easy answer is no. You've got something far more serious on your hands and that totally makes sense. Holy cow, I wasn't meaning to insult people like you that have life events going on.

In hindsight, my original post was too blunt and lacked details. Sorry if it was misconstrued to attack a situation that takes real precedence over going to a football game. Obviously, that was never my intention.

Ursus1 said:
People who get field passes sometimes think they are better fans than the guys who have to make a real sacrifice financially to just buy the cheapest tickets when the can and can't afford season tickets, travel costs or coaching groupie kiss ass fees.

Veiled shot towards me I assume? Cool post bro.

krammer said:
snap said:
bigkid said:
BWahlberg said:

b/w meant this for sure !

Sure did. Those that have the full means to go but won't for petty reasons. Obviously bigkid's is totally the opposite.

grizatwork said:
bigkid said:
BWahlberg said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

I think you might be misunderstanding what Brint was alluding to. Family issues happen to all of us. Brint as well. My condolences to your family in this bad time.

Took the words out of my mouth. Your family member is in our thoughts.

Back