GRIZ and live streaming 2018

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
emilsson_2000
3rd String
I am a fan of: Da Grizzlies

GRIZ and live streaming 2018

Post by emilsson_2000 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am

Okay....so I admit that I am not on egriz very often anymore...due mainly to Tom the GRIZ fan sending me the silver fb news feed....so I apologize to the dozens of you that I will undoubtedly offend by posting any topic that was already covered in a previous thread.

That said, I am trying to figure out how I am going to get my Griz football this year. I understand ROOT sports games...go to the bar. I understand PLUTO tv will only give us 1 Griz game this year for free on the stream....Cal Poly. For the rest of the games and especially the 1st one vs. NI...does anyone know what the deal is? SWX...will they sell their coverage to Sidearm Sports so we can pay to stream it? Or will SWX provide a stream themselves? Possibly for free? If anyone has some insight on how to watch that game outside of Montana...preferably streaming....please share. Thanks and GO GRIZ!
All I want for my birthday is a Griz victory.

RayWill
2nd String
I am a fan of: GRIZ

Re: GRIZ and live streaming 2018

Post by RayWill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 am

emilsson_2000 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am
Okay....so I admit that I am not on egriz very often anymore...due mainly to Tom the GRIZ fan sending me the silver fb news feed....so I apologize to the dozens of you that I will undoubtedly offend by posting any topic that was already covered in a previous thread.

That said, I am trying to figure out how I am going to get my Griz football this year. I understand ROOT sports games...go to the bar. I understand PLUTO tv will only give us 1 Griz game this year for free on the stream....Cal Poly. For the rest of the games and especially the 1st one vs. NI...does anyone know what the deal is? SWX...will they sell their coverage to Sidearm Sports so we can pay to stream it? Or will SWX provide a stream themselves? Possibly for free? If anyone has some insight on how to watch that game outside of Montana...preferably streaming....please share. Thanks and GO GRIZ!
I think we are SOL this year. SWX only allows streaming through the watch SWX app and you have to live in the area where SWX is broadcasting to get the game. So if you do not live in MT the SWX games are not going to be aired unless something changes at this time.

CatzWillRise
Starter

Post by CatzWillRise » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am

DirecTV Now has the Audience channel, which for last year anyway carried all Big Sky Root games.

I thought SWX games were on Pluto last year?

BadlandsGrizFan
Starter
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Your best bet may be the GoGriz All Access for the SWX games?
You are entering a world of pain Smokey..mark it fucking zero!

grizeyes
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by grizeyes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

Correct, as I understand it. We can stream Root on Direct TV Now, as long as the Audience channel still streams the Root games. Pluto and/or Eleven Sports for the Cal Poly game.

As for SWX, we can only hope that someone picks up the games. Audience, Pluto, or maybe some will be streamed by GoGriz. I think GoGriz streamed some SWX games last year, maybe? If this happens again we'll be set.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

Yukon
Starter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies

Post by Yukon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 am

for DISH viewers out of state, usually Altitude or an alternate sports channel has had the game the last few years. You most likely will need the sports package.
"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams

grizpsych
Starter
I am a fan of: University of Montana

Post by grizpsych » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

The other way to go for SWX games is to find a VPN provider that can spoof your location too Montana. That would get by there regional coverage block and allow you to view the game on their app.
ImageImage

Yukon
Starter

Post by Yukon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 am

I also think SWX is still negotiating with providers and remember espn3 has a deal with the MVFC.

RayWill
2nd String

Post by RayWill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 am

grizpsych wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am
The other way to go for SWX games is to find a VPN provider that can spoof your location too Montana. That would get by there regional coverage block and allow you to view the game on their app.
Tried that once. It worked for half the game then for some reason could not get it to work again.
SWX did stream the games on sidearm last year though and they did have them on altitude. It was about a week before the season started they announced that last year.

Yukon
Starter

Post by Yukon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

RayWill wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 am
grizpsych wrote:
Tried that once. It worked for half the game then for some reason could not get it to work again.
SWX did stream the games on sidearm last year though and they did have them on altitude. It was about a week before the season started they announced that last year.
agree. I think we won't know much until the last week before the game.

grizpsych
Starter

Post by grizpsych » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 am

RayWill wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 am
grizpsych wrote:
Some VPN providers rotate DSN servers. And some only allow a certain amount of bandwidth depending on their pay plan.
ImageImage

grizpsych
Starter

Post by grizpsych » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am

Another possibility (though unlikely) would be to open your browser in private mode. Sometimes this allows you to view blocked content.
ImageImage

bgbigdog
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by bgbigdog » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am

grizpsych wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am
Another possibility (though unlikely) would be to open your browser in private mode. Sometimes this allows you to view blocked content.
This is something I would have expected from Ursa.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

PDXGrizzly
eGriz Supporter

Post by PDXGrizzly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 pm

bgbigdog wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am
grizpsych wrote:
That loophole got closed, I think.

emilsson_2000
3rd String

Post by emilsson_2000 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm

grizeyes wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am
Correct, as I understand it. We can stream Root on Direct TV Now, as long as the Audience channel still streams the Root games. Pluto and/or Eleven Sports for the Cal Poly game.

As for SWX, we can only hope that someone picks up the games. Audience, Pluto, or maybe some will be streamed by GoGriz. I think GoGriz streamed some SWX games last year, maybe? If this happens again we'll be set.
I am hoping that SWX makes some kind of deal with GoGriz similar to what has happened in the past. I don't mind paying for a game. Otherwise...download app. Use my buddies account in MT...and try the private browsing

i do love the griz
2nd String

Post by i do love the griz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 pm

CatzWillRise wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am
DirecTV Now has the Audience channel, which for last year anyway carried all Big Sky Root games.

I’m pretty sure this is accurate. I know for sure that basketball games on SWX are definitely streamed with Pluto, and I’m pretty sure the same is true of football.

emilsson_2000
3rd String

Post by emilsson_2000 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 pm

i do love the griz wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 pm
CatzWillRise wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am

I’m pretty sure this is accurate. I know for sure that basketball games on SWX are definitely streamed with Pluto, and I’m pretty sure the same is true of football.
Pluto is saying only one game of the week this year...for the Griz that is Cal Poly only

grizpsych
Starter

Post by grizpsych » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm

PDXGrizzly wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 pm
bgbigdog wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am
grizpsych wrote:
That loophole got closed, I think.
Really? I guess it has been a while since I've streamed games on my channel.
ImageImage

EverettGriz
eGriz Supporter

Post by EverettGriz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Wait. Pluto isn't carrying all bsc games this year??
Booze is the duct tape of life.

RayWill
2nd String

Post by RayWill » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:02 pm

EverettGriz wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:30 pm
Wait. Pluto isn't carrying all bsc games this year??
From my understanding is that Eleven Sports owns Pluto. the deal signed in July with eleven Sports is that only one game a week will be featured for football, it will broadcast on eleven sports and be streamed via pluto tv. All other sports except the conference tourney in basketball will be broadcast on Pluto TV. The press release didn't say specifically that only the game of the week would be streamed however Pluto customer service said that they believed only one big sky game of the week would be streamed on Pluto TV this year unless the conference signed another deal before the start of the season. However last years press release stated the deal with Pluto was for both the 2017 and 2018 seasons so it is up in the air.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/7/16/ge ... M_ID=13500
Last edited by RayWill on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.