• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 in a row!

maroonandsilver

DONOR
Griz beat Holy Cross twice, and Northern Illinois for their 9th win of the year. (They only won 10 all last season, and zero at this time in last year's season).

I’m happy they are finding ways to win. At same time those teams are 4-9 and 5-13. I would hope we could beat crap teams.

I went to four of Montana's six games this weekend (all wins) and had a blast, along with quite a few other fans in attendance. This is a pretty young team, playing hard, and getting better day by day. Loved their energy, attitude and focus. A nagging injury to sr. Elise Ontiveros required some defensive changes, which hurt, but... Coach Meuchel otherwise made some major defensive lineup changes going into this tourney (penciling in jr. Jocelyn Eisen at third, soph Chloe Saxton at 2b, soph Breiana Bonkavich in lf, and soph Makena Strong in rf). I was highly impressed with frosh Riley Peschek's steady defensive improvement at ss, and her bat power as well. Her line drive homer in Montana's 6-3 win over NIU was a missle. Montana's three very young pitchers (so. Grace Haegele, so. Emmalyn Brinka and fr, Rylee Rehbein) had their ups & downs, but are also showing steady improvement (walks are way down from early in the season). I'm not going to argue what this team can or should be... but for now I see a team that's starting to believe in themselves. I'm with em'. Go Griz SB

Last edited:
Brief add-on to my post above: Congrats to Griz shortstop Riley Peschek in being honored as the Big Sky Conf. Player of the Week. Here's the Brief rundown of her stats & play, quoted from the Big Sky Conf. website.

Montana's Riley Reschek powered the GrizSB offense over the course of six games, leading the team to a four win weekend.

The freshman was dominant at the plate, batting .500 through the six games over the weekend, recording 11 hits, 7 runs and 7 RBIs. Of those hits, Peschek recorded three triples, two doubles and a homerun. The Griz SS also found herself on base an additional two times due to walks, bringing her on base percentage to .542 on the weekend.

Peschek also contributed 10 putouts and 12 assists defensively.

Back