• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Billions Missing In Iraq

GrizWhiz

I just finished watching a segment on 60 Minutes that made me want to puke. The amount of U.S. taxpayer dollars being wasted/lost/stolen/used for bribes, etc. in Iraq is astounding. $8.8 billion has simply disappeared. Billions more has gone to contracters who have either not honored their contracts and/or exaggerated (i.e. lied about) expenses (this includes Haliburton) repeatedly. It really makes you sick. The combination of incompetency/disinterest by the Coalition Provisional Authority and deceipt/greed by these companies is a crime. Attempts to launch investigations in Congress have been repeatedly squashed by the majority party. Regardless of whether one supports this war or not, this wholesale corruption should make all Americans mad as hell!

Bush stole it. Thats what he does, well that and hate things.

Hey we lose/waste more money in education every year than this war. Then there is all the money that is stolen form us in taxes every year. It is the same ole same ole.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Bush stole it. Thats what he does, well that and hate things.

Hey we lose/waste more money in education every year than this war. Then there is all the money that is stolen form us in taxes every year. It is the same ole same ole.
So it's fine with you then, right? :thumb:

I would much rather we lose 8 million educationg our own kids than los 8 million because contractors are being dishonest while trying to rebuild a foreign country. Further, a society can't function without taxes, and maybe a little bit less would be stolen if 8 million didn't disapear in Iraq or into education or whatever it is being wasted on.

grzz said:
I would much rather we lose 8 million educationg our own kids than los 8 million because contractors are being dishonest while trying to rebuild a foreign country. Further, a society can't function without taxes, and maybe a little bit less would be stolen if 8 million didn't disapear in Iraq or into education or whatever it is being wasted on.
I wish it was 8 million. It was 8.8 Billion! :crybaby:

Par for the course Grizwhiz, Alpha and I got in this discussion in another thread. It seems conservatives are totally cool with money just vanishing in Iraq, or being misused by companies like Halliburton. But spend it on education or health care or transportation inside our borders? Oh, hell 'nah!!!

Re/MaxGriz said:
Par for the course Grizwhiz, Alpha and I got in this discussion in another thread. It seems conservatives are totally cool with money just vanishing in Iraq, or being misused by companies like Halliburton. But spend it on education or health care or transportation inside our borders? Oh, hell 'nah!!!
They must be content with us owing our asses to Saudi Arabia and Red China too! It sure seems none of them are interested in addressing questions posed to them on this question and it's affect on our national security!

GrizWhiz said:
I just finished watching a segment on 60 Minutes that made me want to puke. The amount of U.S. taxpayer dollars being wasted/lost/stolen/used for bribes, etc. in Iraq is astounding. $8.8 billion has simply disappeared. Billions more has gone to contracters who have either not honored their contracts and/or exaggerated (i.e. lied about) expenses (this includes Haliburton) repeatedly. It really makes you sick. The combination of incompetency/disinterest by the Coalition Provisional Authority and deceipt/greed by these companies is a crime. Attempts to launch investigations in Congress have been repeatedly squashed by the majority party. Regardless of whether one supports this war or not, this wholesale corruption should make all Americans mad as hell!

Look at the Source of this. 60 Minutes is as Liberal as GruntWhiz.

Enough Said

Re/MaxGriz said:

Re/Max this is just my opinion, most Reps. wouldn't agree with me. I just want to spend money where it will do the most good and with the current education system controlled by the left for the last 50 years, it is a complete waste of money for what you get.

Health care is not a right and if we were not taxed so heavily we could buy it ourselves. I don't want the government anywhere around health care. If you think losing 8 billion in Iraq is a lot, just let them in charge of a government ran healthcare system.

Paytonlives said:
GrizWhiz said:

Look at the Source of this. 60 Minutes is as Liberal as GruntWhiz. OK-you're up. Reports of money mis-management in Iraq are nothing new. Explain to us how none of this actually is going on. Since I watched the program (unlike you) I can tell you that the people interviewed included a former American member of the Coalition Provisional Authority and an American General who served in Iraq. I'm sure you'll tell us that they are both lying liberals. Since you can't intelligently refute the information they provided I'm sure confine yourself to chants and more name-calling. Here's another question that you won't answer. Since when did being in favor of a balanced budget make one liberal? Since when did favoring massive government borrowing/deficit spending make one conservative? Who's the real conservative here?

:thumb:

Look at the Source of this. 60 Minutes is as Liberal as GruntWhiz.

Enough Said
[/quote]

I've heard the same said about CNN.

At least the lib's on this forum tend to quote their sources, whereas it seems much of the conservative argument is simply opinions, without citation, posing as facts. So just out of curiosity, where do you guys get your news? What news sources in your opinion are unbiased or fair and balanced?

GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:
GrizWhiz said:

Look at the Source of this. 60 Minutes is as Liberal as GruntWhiz. OK-you're up. Reports of money mis-management in Iraq are nothing new. Explain to us how none of this actually is going on. Since I watched the program (unlike you) I can tell you that the people interviewed included a former American member of the Coalition Provisional Authority and an American General who served in Iraq. I'm sure you'll tell us that they are both lying liberals. Since you can't intelligently refute the information they provided I'm sure confine yourself to chants and more name-calling. Here's another question that you won't answer. Since when did being in favor of a balanced budget make one liberal? Since when did favoring massive government borrowing/deficit spending make one conservative? Who's the real conservative here?

this story came from the same source that brought us the famous story that got rather and makes fired that was FAKE

Yes, but did they lose that money? I haven't pointed any direct fingers here, just getting a little fed up with millions & billions of misused/misspent taxpayer dollars in disasters like these

Re/MaxGriz said:
Yes, but did they lose that money? I haven't pointed any direct fingers here, just getting a little fed up with millions & billions of misused/misspent taxpayer dollars in disasters like these

i wouldnt be surprised if they did

This money isn't lost, SOMEBODY knows right where it is.

Kofi Annon and pals didn't "lose" all that money in the oil for food scandal either.

Hells bells said:
GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:
GrizWhiz said:

this story came from the same source that brought us the famous story that got rather and makes fired that was FAKE
bells- you are dead wrong..I assume you are kidding..if not please substantiate what you have just said. :naughty:

GrizWhiz said:
Hells bells said:
GrizWhiz said:
Paytonlives said:

bells- you are dead wrong..I assume you are kidding..if not please substantiate what you have just said. :naughty:

actually i am correct: CBS 60 min published a report that stated that one of presidetn bush's commanders in the air national guard didnt like his condut during duty or somthing along those lines, my memory is foggy at this moment. it was proven to be a false story *documents supposively typed on a 60s typewrighter were typed on ms word* and appearantly was not reaserched by the cbs staff at all. lead to the fireing of Mary Mapes and Dan Rather...

bells- when I say source I mean the people interviewed, not the network that broadcast it. The massive fraud and abuse in Iraq and reports on missing money, overcharges and general fiscal incompetence have been reported for quite a while by a variety of networks, including Fox. You can't say none of this happened simply because 60 Minutes did a segment on it. http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:xtBxDtu0dTcJ:www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129489,00.html+fox+news+missing+money+iraq&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

Back