• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring/Summer FB transfers

Let me get this straight. So, according to you, if we beat a team with a superior O-line, it can then be determined that having a good O-line is not important. Defense, QB play, special teams play, apparently has no bearing on the outcome.

Just showing how much spin-rate is on your post, you must throw a great curve ball.
It's a special kind of curve ball...
a Canuckleball.

Why would a solid O-lineman choose Montana over the National Champions, who have had players drafted and signed as preferred NFL free agents the past two years? Shouldn't be much of a surprise.
Hmm. This seems to contradict what you have said about the Griz having all the recruiting advantages. You need to pick a position here and stick to it instead of arguing both sides of the argument.

Christian Lorenzo, the beast DT from Illinois is going to Georgia State.
We are still in contact with quality options at this position. Currently, one of these two guys seems the most likely. Unfortunately, they don’t have multiple years of eligibility.

DT Brandon McElroy 6’6 290 1yr JUCO Arizona St. Marshall San Diego St.
https://thesundevils.com/sports/football/roster/brandon-mcelroy/13591

DT Gavin Meyer 6’4 280 1yr Wyoming

Hmm. This seems to contradict what you have said about the Griz having all the recruiting advantages. You need to pick a position here and stick to it instead of arguing both sides of the argument.
Nice try. I also said that Bobby could not out-recruit other schools, DESPITE having the biggest recruiting advantages. But as always, thanks for playing.

We are still in contact with quality options at this position. Currently, one of these two guys seems the most likely. Unfortunately, they don’t have multiple years of eligibility.

DT Brandon McElroy 6’6 290 1yr JUCO Arizona St. Marshall San Diego St.
https://thesundevils.com/sports/football/roster/brandon-mcelroy/13591

DT Gavin Meyer 6’4 280 1yr Wyoming
I hope we can sign them

You did not get it straight. I'm not saying anything, I am trying to get you to clarify your position in regards to our success. You have said that the lack of solid o-line has been a constant under Hauck 2.0. Constant meaning that every year we have lacked a solid o-line.

You have also said that every football fan worth their jock strap, or something close to that, knows how crucial a good o-line is.

So what I would like to know is; do you therefore think that with a better o-line we would have won the National Championship? Or conversely given that you believe two teams that we beat, one handily, had better o-lines that perhaps o-line is not as crucial as "every football fan worth their jock strap" thinks?

You have just stated that a team with solid D, QB play, and Special teams can defeat teams with better offensive lines, so perhaps having one really isn't that important. Which would you prefer; to have an o-line as good as the Cats or once again "lack a solid o-line" but with those other three facets beat the Cats like we did this past season? Do you want to win like we did, or just participate like the Cats and Bison?
Give it a rest dude. You are not providing anything to bolster your football credibility with this stuff. What does having a better offensive line have to do with winning the National Championship? What don't you get about winning football games involves multiple aspects, and you're trying to gain Brownie points by your spin-job about the O-line. Find a new psychosis, because I'm done with this ridiculous discussion. At least you made a football post. I'll give you that much.

Last edited:
There are questions every year on just about every team in country because players graduate or move on. That’s the nature of college football. I think the Griz biggest issue at QB last few years hasn’t been the starter but the depth. I think the depth is pretty solid and 3 guys will compete and make each better. Nobody really knows until they play. But Jesus just about every take you have is negative. Instead of excited to see some kid get his shot you have “questions.” Can’t imagine how miserable you would be if you weren’t a fan of a team coming off a 13-2 season and an appearance in national championship game. Last year was special and a lot of fun. If that’s a kool aid drinker then keep it coming.
I loved our performance last year. But I won't forget the previous four seasons, like you are willing to do. We have NOT returned to dominance, even though you probably think we have., based on one season. Our 2024 conference schedule is the easiest one we have had since Hauck returned. Anyone who alleges otherwise is not being honest. If Bobby can't win the Sky next season, it will show that 2023 was an aberration, just like his 7-6 bowl season at UNLV was, among four 2 -win seasons.

If we lose more than one game next season, it will be a failure. And that will grant us all home playoff games once again. A HUGE advantage! One can't claim "Return to Dominance" if we lose 2 or 3 games, right? Remember, it was BOBBY who promised a Return To Dominance. Now he needs to deliver. Talk is cheap.

Finally, I love a young QB getting shot. But you guys are gushing about our QB room, and it is simply unproven and unwarranted. I just talk reality, not hype, I hope one of them turns out to be great. I'm just stating that there are lots of questions about our QB position, just like last season, that's all.

Hilarious. Absolutely no luck involved in that play! It was a planned play all along. Who knew, except the unbridled genius that is YOU!
Uhh, I just explained why there was no luck involved in that play.

Look, dude, if you’re going to troll, at least try to keep up. Because constantly explaining shit to you is exhausting

Give it a rest dude. You are not providing anything to bolster your football credibility with this stuff. What does having a better offensive line have to do with winning the National Championship? What don't you get about winning football games involves multiple aspects, and you're trying to gain Brownie points by your spin-job about the O-line. Find a new psychosis, because I'm done with this ridiculous discussion. At least you made a football post. I'll give you that much.
I would think having a better offensive line would have a fair bit to do with winning a national championship; several posters have mentioned in the past that it was a strength of NDSU and SDSU had a number of O-lineman going to the NFL. However, I could be wrong, you are the one with football credibility and I am just here to score brownie points.

Uhh, I just explained why there was no luck involved in that play.

Look, dude, if you’re going to troll, at least try to keep up. Because constantly explaining shit to you is exhausting
The old "troll" word appears every time a poster is getting owned. Hilarious in you thinking you can explain anything to me. You are a very special poster. Don't ever change!

Back