• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for Saturday

SinCityGriz2005

Okay what are everyone’s expectations for Saturday?

As far as I am concerned the 2022 season ended Saturday on a high note.

Tolerate me or hate me, you all know clearly where I sit regarding this current team.

I am actually looking forward to this game. Knowing they are going to lose means no expectations, if you don’t have any expectations and the stars align and the impossible happens, that’s just a bonus.

I absolutely agree with you! This offensive coaching philosophy, of which I definitely think Hauck shares a part, has been a problem since Hauck 1.0. I think Hauck hates the passing game cuz Don Read won an NC with it, and wrote a book about it. Can't recall Hauck writing the complete running game book, or the complete 3-man d-line book. These players are great, you really nailed it! Thanks for putting words to my thoughts!

We have the talent to compete with the Beezon.

Will it be used correctly that’s what I’m looking for. This entire coaching staff has been asking for this game since they came back. Bobby has said as much. So I think what we see Saturday will be their absolute best effort.

So that being said. If they look like shit we pretty well know where we stand as far as coaching in the fcs goes.

I think it will be a tight game in the first half there might even be a griz lead, maybe by three. I think the bison will wear us down in the run game in the second half and win by 10 or more. Unless we seriously get a special teams touchdown then It will be close

I just don't think we match up well against NDSU, so I expect us to lose by 2+ scores. Keeping it within a score, or being close late with a chance to win would be amazing.

The only way I'll be disappointed is if we get boat-raced and look like we clearly don't belong.

uofmman1122 said:
I just don't think we match up well against NDSU, so I expect us to lose by 2+ scores. Keeping it within a score, or being close late with a chance to win would be amazing.

The only way I'll be disappointed is if we get boat-raced and look like we clearly don't belong.

Agreed. The bison don’t pass enough or punt enough for a team like this year’s Griz to take advantage of it. And that’s how this team wins its games.

See, I think we have a chance against NDSU. First, their team is the most beatable one they have fielded in 8-9 years. Second, they have key injuries, and the early loss to the portal of a couple of key players. We would need to play a game without turnovers (not even ONE), but if we do, it could lead to a victory. My major concern is stopping their running game with the 3-3-5.

https://twitter.com/Lucas_Semb/status/1598109084469035008?t=2i4-at5R3dd7_4RbV-jmNw&s=19

BadlandsGrizFan said:
We have the talent to compete with the Beezon.

Will it be used correctly that’s what I’m looking for. This entire coaching staff has been asking for this game since they came back. Bobby has said as much. So I think what we see Saturday will be their absolute best effort.

So that being said. If they look like shit we pretty well know where we stand as far as coaching in the fcs goes.

Let me get this straight. You seem to have a double personality. Wasn't it you slamming me for questioning our 3-3-5 defense, and our O-coordinator? And now you seem to be saying that a NDSU blow-out will necessitate a coaching change?

uofmman1122 said:

Our prospects were worse going into the UDub game last year.

SinCityGriz2005 said:

Tolerate me or hate me, you all know clearly where I sit regarding this current team.

I am actually looking forward to this game. Knowing they are going to lose means no expectations, if you don’t have any expectations and the stars align and the impossible happens, that’s just a bonus.
I have no idea what to expect. This team is the most inconsistent I can remember. When they are good, they are very, very good. When they are bad, they are very, very bad. I will watch with intensity hoping that it's the former that shows up and for both halves. That team can play with anyone in FCS.

I do expect Montana to produce a better showing than MSU did last year.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

Our prospects were worse going into the UDub game last year.
And they were better going into the Brawl this year.

Champagne Brunch at the lake house.

Private jet to Fargo with JD and four or five other Griz greats. Tailgate in the VIP area downtown, limo to the stadium for game time. I've brought back some classic spatlese from Berlin to drink with the brie and gravy appetizers they serve at the dome. Postgame presser with Bobby and whisked east to New York for the SNL home opener with Keke Palmer and musical guest SZA. They haven't asked me to sit in yet, but they will. Bonus - Sunday brunch at my alma mater, where they're unveiling my statue in front of the Baker-Berry Library. #gogriz, #gobiggreen. Peace out.

kemajic said:
SinCityGriz2005 said:

I have no idea what to expect. This team is the most inconsistent I can remember. When they are good, they are very, very good. When they are bad, they are very, very bad. I will watch with intensity hoping that it's the former that shows up and for both halves. That team can play with anyone in FCS.

If we play 60 minutes of football with the fire like we did midway through the 3rd quarter Saturday we ha0ve a very good chance of winning. We just can't go flat at any moment during any game from here on out.

The lack of football knowledge on here is not surprising.

The real question you guys need to ask is how many excuse threads will there be on Saturday evening. That's what losers do they blame others instead of admitting this team is not that talented and is gonna get embarrassed on national TV.

Like I said earlier in the week there isn't one player on our team that would start at NDSU and only 2 or 3 could be backups. Beat your chests now and look stupid. Not sure why that is the choice here but you do you boo

Expectations? I expect our boys to give their best effort, I know they will, and I know they will compete for all four quarters. I only hope the coaches can provide an offensive an defensive game plan that will provide them with an opportunity to put pressure on the buffalos and put them in a place to pull this off. If we are hanging around in the fourth quarter, or even given a chance to win this game, ... I will be very happy! Either way, I'll be pulling and cheering for our guys the entire time!

Go Griz!

GrizProtocol said:
The lack of football knowledge on here is not surprising.

The real question you guys need to ask is how many excuse threads will there be on Saturday evening. That's what losers do they blame others instead of admitting this team is not that talented and is gonna get embarrassed on national TV.

Like I said earlier in the week there isn't one player on our team that would start at NDSU and only 2 or 3 could be backups. Beat your chests now and look stupid. Not sure why that is the choice here but you do you boo

You remind me of Alpha lol

kemajic said:
SinCityGriz2005 said:

Agreed. They have been pretty schizophrenic this season. Guess we will see if Jeckyl or Hyde shows up.

Back