• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Success with Big Sky TV = Patience Grasshopper

ddmann

Saturday I was one of the folks that could not access BSTV no matter what I tried. I filed a "ticket" through their support page, but only received an automated reply.

Sunday afternoon I got an email from America One asking me to send them my email address and requested password; the tech was taking the initiative to try to and manually enter me into the database. The note also said to wait until the next live event before attempting to login.

So about a half hour ago I tried to login to watch the Boise Weber women's volleyball game to see if the tech had succeeded. No dice, still received the familiar "Invalid Username or Password" error message.

I immediately sent another email begging to have the problem resolved. About 15 minutes later I got an email message with a request to use their supplied password.

VOILA , success at last.

It now works perfectly. The feed is not the greatest, while it is not blurry it is pretty choppy. Here's to hoping it works Saturday!!

My advice to all egrizr's out there is to file a ticket through the support page and be willing to wait a few days. Based on my experience the problem will eventually get solved.

BTW the response I got mentioned that they are well aware of all the problems last saturday. Apparently there were many games that had either sound or video, but not both.

I got 5 years of patience that I would like to shove up their asses. That goes for all that have anything to do with Big Suck TV, because there were/are many poor attempts.

I went to the site when volleyball was being played and created a new account. Made sure I was ready for Saturday.

Chris posted a link on eGriz talking about how everyone was supposed to create new accounts (during a live event) even if they already had one.

No issues on Saturday, other than no audio with the game, so I watched the KPAX feed.

I too have had my issues with Big Suck. Just look at some of my posts over the years. Finally this year with the new service, America One, taking over there is a way to post complaints and get issues resolved.

I also saw Chris's post and tried to re-register earlier in the week. However, I was unable to re-register and got caught in a software loop from hell. My initial email to them used some pretty imaginative and colorful language, I believe that is what prompted the personal reply (in fact the tech all but admitted that in the email).

The fact that it took over 24 hours for a reply, and a further 48 hours before a workable solution was found does not exactly warm the cockles of my heart, but I did get a solution. In the final email the tech also admitted that literally hundreds of Big Sky folks were unable to re-register just like me. In effect, it's a 50 / 50 shot that the system will allow you to re-register. But the claim is that now the "fix" is in.

Before Bigsuck got the contract to broadcast Griz games there was great internet feeds available. They haven't been able to make this crap product work since then. The year they tried to make us pay for this service was a massive failure, and they had refund $$.
I dont understand how every other sport can stream great, but when it comes to football every fu^$#& weekend its the same excuses!

Back