• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fans in WaGriz

HookedonGriz said:
Game 1 in spring - zero (since spring isn’t happening)

Game 1 in fall - 6k ish
What 6k in the fall? No way, it’ll be way more by then. I could see a scenario where we could go back to full capacity, of course people will have to feel comfortable enough to come back and Americans need to get vaccinated, but I would imagine by then we can get way more then 6k in.

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:
Game 1 in spring - zero (since spring isn’t happening)

Game 1 in fall - 6k ish
What 6k in the fall? No way, it’ll be way more by then. I could see a scenario where we could go back to full capacity, of course people will have to feel comfortable enough to come back and Americans need to get vaccinated, but I would imagine by then we can get way more then 6k in.

One would think so but you’re dealing with the Missoula City County Health Dept....the same group who shut down baseball tourneys this past summer in the middle of the tourney. No health dept has been more over-reaching than them in the entire state. If they have their way, we will be lucky to fill 1/4 of the stadium.

I agree vaccination will be key as well but logistically they are saying it may be July-August before the masses have access to it. If that’s the case we won’t be close to herd immunity yet and the Missoula Health dept will be chomping at the bit to keep things closed.

kemajic said:
MikeyGriz said:
If it's left up to the Missoula County Health Board? None, ever.
New Governor may have something to say about that.

Unfortunately, the way our laws are written the Governor has less power than Bullock claimed. The power is really vested in the County/City Health Boards, and they are only answerable to the respective City/County Commissioners. This may be the best opportunity that Missoula has to kill Griz football, and do you really think they will pass it up?

fencer24 said:
kemajic said:
New Governor may have something to say about that.

Unfortunately, the way our laws are written the Governor has less power than Bullock claimed. The power is really vested in the County/City Health Boards, and they are only answerable to the respective City/County Commissioners. This may be the best opportunity that Missoula has to kill Griz football, and do you really think they will pass it up?

Not true. State law provides local county health boards may not be more restrictive than the governor

Glendivegriz said:
fencer24 said:

Not true. State law provides local county health boards may not be more restrictive than the governor

Local health can be no less stringent than State Regulations (has nothing to with the governor) and there is process to allow local health to be more restrictive.

grizfnz said:
Glendivegriz said:

Local health can be no less stringent than State Regulations (has nothing to with the governor) and there is process to allow local health to be more restrictive.

Nope. Go read the state statute.

There has got to be a way to do rapid testing for fans that want to pay extra to go see Griz games. Let people into the stadium at a reduced capacity and make masks mandatory for fans wanting to see the game in person. Couldn't fans do temperature checks and basic screening in addition to rabid testing?

Didn't most health care workers already get the vaccine or first responders? Why not let them into Athletic contests as a thank-you, or a reduced rate for revenue coming in. If you have had the Vaccine and can show your CDC card, why not be able to watch the game and still wear a mask, etc?

Seems like there should be some ways to make this work this spring.

Brother Bear said:
There has got to be a way to do rapid testing for fans that want to pay extra to go see Griz games. Let people into the stadium at a reduced capacity and make masks mandatory for fans wanting to see the game in person. Couldn't fans do temperature checks and basic screening in addition to rabid testing?

Didn't most health care workers already get the vaccine or first responders? Why not let them into Athletic contests as a thank-you, or a reduced rate for revenue coming in. If you have had the Vaccine and can show your CDC card, why not be able to watch the game and still wear a mask, etc?

Lets hope it don’t come to that. :eek:

AZGrizFan said:
Brother Bear said:

Lets hope it don’t come to that. :eek:

Maybe he meant rabbit testing?

Glendivegriz said:
grizfnz said:

5-2-130
The prohibition against more restrictive regulations applies to 50-2-116(1)(k), (2)(c)(iii), or (2)(c)(iv) - sewage, wells, discharge from sewage treatment plants and tattoo parlors.

attendance was trending down before Covid. the 2017 season saw the lowest levels in the previous 10 years, and while 2018 was up a bit (can't find the numbers for the 2019 season?) unfortunately i don't see us getting back to previous peak levels for a long time...if ever. people just aren't watching sports in person as much. when full attendance is allowed (be that this fall or the following year) i would expect average attendance around 17-18k. people will be 'out of the habit' of going to games, so to speak. i'll still be there.

grizfnz said:
Glendivegriz said:

5-2-130
The prohibition against more restrictive regulations applies to 50-2-116(1)(k), (2)(c)(iii), or (2)(c)(iv) - sewage, wells, discharge from sewage treatment plants and tattoo parlors.

Nope try again

Glendivegriz said:
grizfnz said:
5-2-130

Nope try again

Can you just post whatever code section you're talking about? I'd like to know as well.

BozAngelesGriz said:
attendance was trending down before Covid. the 2017 season saw the lowest levels in the previous 10 years, and while 2018 was up a bit (can't find the numbers for the 2019 season?) unfortunately i don't see us getting back to previous peak levels for a long time...if ever. people just aren't watching sports in person as much. when full attendance is allowed (be that this fall or the following year) i would expect average attendance around 17-18k. people will be 'out of the habit' of going to games, so to speak. i'll still be there.
I think that's overly pessimistic. While there are some unfavorable drivers (e.g., aging fanbase, more TV) depressing attendance, fans having their football and tailgates withheld may make them all the more hungry. Attendance figures are readily available on the NCAA website. Several factors affect average attendance, home schedule quality, weather/road conditions, and whether there were home playoff games, which have always produced subpar attendance, depressing the averages. So here are your 10 years:

2019 - 22,545 (1 playoff game) - #2 in FCS
2018 - 24,677 (0 playoff game) - #2 in FCS
2017 - 23,535 (0 playoff game) - #1 in FCS
2016 - 25,377 (0 playoff game) - #1 in FCS
2015 - 24,139 (1 playoff game) - #1 in FCS
2014 - 23,777 (1 playoff game) - #1 in FCS
2013 - 24,380 (1 playoff game) - #2 in FCS
2012 - 25,236 (0 playoff game) - #2 in FCS
2011 - 24,878 (2 playoff game) - #3 in FCS
2010 - 25,448 (0 playoff game) - #2 in FCS

The trend you claim escapes me; if there is one, it's very small. 2019 looks more like an outlier driven mostly by the woeful playoff game attendance of 16,550. The average of the regular season games was 23,544.

Back