• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UFC 66

Grizo406

DONOR
For the few that are interested, this is gonna' happen Saturday night on Pay-Per-View.

Quite possibly the biggest fight in UFC's history...Ortiz vz Liddell...again. I like both of these fighters, but I'm picking "The Iceman" in 2.

I've heard/read, that if Tito beats Chuck, Randy Couture will come out of "retirement", because he'd like to beat Tito.

The undercard is interesting. Forrest Griffin vs Keith Jarrdine, and Andrei Arlovski Vs. Marcio Cruz, Chris Leban is also scheduled to fight.

Yep, Liddell....1....knockout. I'll be bummed in the end because it won't be much of a fight. I loved it when Couture patted Tito on the butt the first time they fought. Tito was severely outclassed that day.

i can't WAIT for this one! i agree with alpha - liddell in the first round, first 3 minutes. i watched the ufc all access on spike tv last night - i am amped for this fight! i can't stand tito! i'll be @ the press box with the hubby and friends, wearing my AUTOGRAPHED chuck liddell shirt! :thumb:

Tito may not get beat down like he did the last time, but I think Chuck will still stop him with a knock out.

Have fun Sassy and Happy New Year!

I will be in Butte watching te UFC and having some holiday cheer....with vodka.

Nice to see Butte represented tonight by The Dean of Mean!

Tito brought it, but just couldn't hang with Chuck. Good fight, but I thought it was stopped too soon.

Tim Silvia's reign as Heavy Weight Champion, in 2007 will be a memory...Cro Cop is coming, and he is a very, very bad man! I think WhereDoI will back me up on this one.

Tito brought it, but just couldn't hang with Chuck. Good fight, but I thought it was stopped too soon.

I was surprised it was stopped, and I expected that Tito would have been more upset with the decision to stop it.

What do you think Rampage's chances are versus Liddell?

sake bomb said:
What do you think Rampage's chances are versus Liddell?

QJ beat Liddell hard in 2003, but Chuck wasn't 100% in that fight...something about a torn quard from what I remember.

Very few fighters can top Jackson's take downs, but The Iceman's take down defense is freaky good.

I see a Liddell/Jackson re-match as one of, if not the biggest fights in 2007 for the UFC. I'm goin' with Chuck, by a knockout, in 2 rounds.

Grizo406 said:
Nice to see Butte represented tonight by The Dean of Mean!

Tim Silvia's reign as Heavy Weight Champion, in 2007 will be a memory...Cro Cop is coming, and he is a very, very bad man! I think WhereDoI will back me up on this one.

All those UFC guys had better watch their back. Very soon the HW champ will be The World's Most Dangerous Man!

:dance:

Grizo406 said:
Tim Silvia's reign as Heavy Weight Champion, in 2007 will be a memory...Cro Cop is coming, and he is a very, very bad man!

Little late to the party here, but 100% WORD TO YOUR MOTHER

I bet Sylvia pissed his pants when he heard about Mirko jumping the Pacific. The UFC is really starting to sign some quality fighters, and it's about time. Having the HW belt in the hands of a can like Sylvia for so long has been an utter embarrassment.

Also, I wouldn't have said this just a year ago, but I think Liddell will handle Rampage. I doubt he'll get a knockout, cause homeboy can take some serious damage, but I think Liddell has proven in the last year that he's close to the top of the light heavyweight game, while Rampage is on a downward swing. Plus, the UFC's nancied-up rules on elbows and knees will play to Liddell's favor.

I can not wait for the Chuck vs Jackson fight it will be pay back in a big way. I love the fact that Marko is coming to the UFC. That man is a bad dude. Tim S is a punk, he will get beat down like the dog he is.

Whet your appetites:

Cro Cop taking on Fedor's little brother (who's probably a world top 10 HW in his own right) a couple years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A3ox1PhiLE&mode=related&search=

That's the way to fight a dude who outweighs you by 40 pounds, I guess.

sassy_griz_gurl said:
i can't WAIT for this one! i agree with alpha - liddell in the first round, first 3 minutes. i watched the ufc all access on spike tv last night - i am amped for this fight! i can't stand tito! i'll be @ the press box with the hubby and friends, wearing my AUTOGRAPHED chuck liddell shirt! :thumb:

Chuck Lidell's mother gave me a T-shirt after his victory two fights ago. She was staying at a Timeshare on the strip called the Jockey Club (Las Vegas's first timeshare built in the 70's), right in between the Bellagio and the construction that is going to be a new, blue hotel/casiono with cascading waterfalls called the Cosmopolitan (53 stories tall or so). It will have swimming pools out front (near the strip) called the beach.

Jardine is one tough SOB. I was having drinks with him and some mutual friends in Butte years ago (too many that I'd like to admit), and he told me he had my back in this one time misunderstanding I was having with some jackoff from out of town. Needless to say I handled my own without any problems, so the Dean of Mean wasn't needed. lol

Here's are real beauty...Randy Couture is coming out of retirement, and will fight Tim Sylvia on March 3rd for the Heavyweight Championship.

Rich Franklin, and Matt Hughes are also supposed to be on the card, but I don't know who they are fighting.

Grizo406 said:
Here's are real beauty...Randy Couture is coming out of retirement, and will fight Tim Sylvia on March 3rd for the Heavyweight Championship.

Rich Franklin, and Matt Hughes are also supposed to be on the card, but I don't know who they are fighting.

Grizo, who do you like in the Couture vs Tim Sylvia brawl? I don't know enough about T Sylvia, and I love Couture, so...I am going with Couture (even though I confess to being ignorant about T Sylvia).

IntuitiveGriz said:
Grizo, who do you like in the Couture vs Tim Sylvia brawl? I don't know enough about T Sylvia, and I love Couture, so...I am going with Couture (even though I confess to being ignorant about T Sylvia).

I'm going with "The Natural" in this one, IG. He's held the Heavyweight belt twice, and beat Vitor Belfort in 1997. That's a long time ago, but at the time, Belfort was considered as unbeatable as Liddell is today.

I think Randy's got a little somthin', somethin' left in the tank, and I believe he'll use it for a win against Sylvia.

Although Sylvia trains with Pat Miletich, and is something like 23-2, I think its been nothing but luck, and some mediocre talent that's caused him to have the Heavyweight belt, and such an impressive record.

He got lucky, both times against Arlovski, and if he ever steps into the octagon with Cro-Cop, he'll get knocked out inside of two rounds.

Back